Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ THIS. I AM APPALLED AT MYSELF. But I finally did, and I LOVED IT. Allow me to quote some things. <:
    THAT'S OKAY BUT I'M GLAD YOU DID AND LOVED IT. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:~~~

I LOVE this. A saying like this is so commonplace and etched into my vocabulary that I forget it's a metaphor. But for someone like Yenn, it would make NO sense. I love when things like this are pointed out. cx
    I'm glad! OOOOOOOOOO: I actually realized that while writing, like, "Oh, that's a very human-y saying" and so that bit of dialogue happened. c:

The way Wildflame comments here on Yenn's courage here is great. She's really encouraging and optimistic and I imagine that would be quite comforting to Yenn. He deserves some praise!
    Yes he does! * 000000000 * And I'm glad you noticed that bit! O:

Hahaha Damian is seriously the most wholesome person. XD I love him.
    OMG thanks bigly. CCCCCCCCCCCC:

This is adorable. xD I love how she's telling him proudly.
    Yes. *0000000000000000000000*

I adore the relationship that Yenn and Teresa have. C: It's so heartwarming to see that they both look out for each other, and care for each other, and are concerned when the other is worried or anxious. O: You can see that it really helps both of them to have one another for support. <: As well as all their other friends as well of course, but their relationship specifically is special and wholesome. cx
    I'm so glad you do! OOOOOOOOOOOOOO: And this is definitely something I'm excited to expand on more (when the toofy worry crap for sure goes away). And I'm glad! O: I bigly wanted to show that they're like, really in tune to what the other is feeling. <:

Omg. You didn't. XD
    *screaming in distance*

yanmega screaming for treats intensifies
    *screaming reaches earsplitting levels*

Okay, I freaking love this. That is so cool, and makes so much sense! Especially given that they would have the technological means, and that all pokemon are sentient and understand commands and are capable of creating bonds. It would also be FAR more practical, easier to produce, more profitable, and less harmful in every way. <: I also love that Yenn was concerned about the fact that pokemon were being killed and manufactured into food for the sake of pleasure, not survival. That's a really cool detail. O: It makes me wonder if carnivores often have internal conflicts about killing to eat, even if they know it's the only way they can survive. I imagine it still takes some compartmentalisation. But yeah, the things that are pointed out here, as well as the incorporation of this technological advancement, this is brilliant. cccc:
    I'm glad! OOOOO: And I had actually been thinking about it for a while but not sure where to put it until this chapter (so that it leads in the whole thing with Leonane and such). But it's a worldbuilding I wanted to explain. O: And yeah, if they have the tech to clone pokemon from fossils I think they'd have no problem growing meat in a lab. And yes, so much more efficient in literally every where! And yes! OOOOOOOOOO: As you saw, they do, but of course in the wild, there aren't any other opens. o: BUT THANKS BIGLY. C:

WELL I SPOKE TOO SOON. XDDD I absolutely love the focus on this aspect! O: And it makes so much sense. I bet prey pokemon are absolutely terrified of yanma and yanmega. XD I WOULD BE. But yeah, it's so cool you included this. C: SUCH a stark contrast to what we've both seen in some stories - carnivores as villainbots who taunt their food and act like evil beings. XD But anyway, I liked hearing his perspective!
    XDDDDDDD BUT YES! *0* It's definitely something I wanted to explore since carnivores aren't like...evil for eating meat, it's a survival thing to them and something I imagine a LOT would have to deal with conflicting feelings about. O: And yes exactly! And haha, yes, dragonflies are incredible predators and I always thought HUGE ones like yanmega and even yanma would be terrifying to other pokemon. It's not something a lot of people think about but huge dragonflies would be absolutely a horrifying predator to encounter.

CHAAAAAAAARACTER DEVELOPMEEEEEEEENT! *0*

These moments are some of the best, seriously. C: We started off seeing Yenn when he was terrified and stuck in a mindset that was not at all his fault, and was, in fact, a product of his circumstances, and now we're seeing him start to be able to move past it. Relationships like this do such a good job at pointing out that we all need help, need compassion, and need someone else to understand us. And not only is this beneficial for Yenn, but this undoubtedly brings such joy and relief and happiness to Teresa. Being able to help someone recover just through sheer kindness, showing them that they don't have to be afraid, and sharing fun, positive experiences is such a good feeling. And having the ability to help someone overcome their fear is very empowering. I bet there's nothing in the world Teresa would trade this for. She has changed someone's life forever. <: And I don't doubt he would do the same for her.
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! And I'm so glad you think so! O: And YES that's exactly what I'm thaiing to portray with this! <<<<: And exactly! That's a big theme with PoD, that everyone needs help and companionship no matter if they try to deny it (Thunder) and that working together is what works. Which seems OBVIOUS but damn does society forget it often. But yes exactly! O: And yes you put it into words so well (just like all of this revieuw) and I love that! * 00000000000000000000 * YES EXACTLY. And he will get a chance to, as well. <:

Spoiler:
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YES OMG

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD He has a point.
    That he does.

Adrenaline for the Needy??
    That SHOULD have been the charity they picked!

O_____O Uh-oh.
    *creepy music intensifies*

Extra "that" and I think that's meant to just be "meeting place" or "clearing"? O:
    I STILL HAVE TO FIX THIS LOL I WILL DO THAT SOON. XD

I'm not crying...you're crying!!! ;0; The head nudge though. Omg. I love that even though he's just relived his hell, he still believes in Teresa, still trusts her, and knows that she means well. ;u; SEE THE RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE IS SO SPECIAL AND WHOLESOME!!!!!!!
    ;000000000; YES THE HEAD NUDGE. CCCCCC: And he indeed still does! *0* YES IT IS AND I'M SO GLAD! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:

I LOVE TERESA. She's so right. Healing always, always takes time, and has stages. He probably has no idea, so Teresa (and everyone else in this scene) assuring him is so heartwarming to see. ;v;
    Yes exactly! OOOO: And yep, Yenn really has no idea how these things are supposed to go, just what he saw and experienced in Cyclone's army, so of course there is a lot to learn.

*Mr Vaporeon

OF COURSE HOW COULD I FORGET.

THE WHOLE TREATS THING WITH TERESA WAS ADORABLE. I loved that part so much, and like I mentioned in a quote above, the whole concept of using pokemon cells to clone meat is SO AWESOME. And that this is just another thing that persuades Yenn to start believing in the good of humans. It was so kind of Teresa to show him the treats, and buy them for him, and demonstrate yet another harmless, positive thing humans can do for him. <: Those moments really showcase the strong bond they have. Yenn feels like he can truly trust Teresa, which is really special.
    I'M SO GLAD!! I had a lot of fun writing that part. C: If I lived in the pokemon world I would have SO MUCH FUN letting my pokemon pick out treats. <: And yes I'm bigly glad you think so! O: And yes exactly! The majority of humans DO care, but Yenn is still figuring that out. o: And yes! I love that these parts come across so wholesome and special. <:~

I really, really enjoyed this chapter. Seeing the stages of progression that Yenn went through was really fascinating. It already feels like he's come such a long way, yet still he has a long way to go. It's amazing that he still has hope that humans are good, and has faith in the human friends he has been able to make so far. Also that he's willing to open his mind and listen. Even after ALL he's been through, he still has the strength and the resolve to listen, learn, and accept that his solid world view may not be the be-all and end-all. Also the progression of this chapter alone was really cool to witness; he begins in a place of scepticism, becomes hopeful, then has that hope torn away from him and crushed. It would be absolutely horrifying to see your abuser(s) revealed to you without warning, let alone in a light that shows them as a good person who people agree with and like. That must have shaken him beyond belief.
    I'm bigly glad you did! <<<<: And that's exactly it! He's FINALLY on the right path, but of course it's not an easy one. ;0; It is! And yep, especially after being so blinded by hate (which Mr. Vaporeon was happy to encourage in him) and having to unlearn all that REALLY quickly. And yep, I wanted to show that moment as truly horrifying for him, particularly the scientists being held in a good/heroic light. That to me would have been a HUGE mindscrew in the worst ways.

His reaction was so powerful. The way you wrote it was so visceral, and I could feel Yenn's fear. The shock, the horror, the terror, and the disbelief at what he was seeing. Everyone around him turning from harmless background figures to potential threats, suddenly no longer allies, because he thought they sided with his abuser. Even if they didn't actively side with the abuser, he thought that they did. It's understandable, and seeing that must have been so triggering, so horrifying. It's no wonder he barely registered his actions as he escaped the city and tore out his staples. :C And before that, everyone staring, people pointing and commenting, and even the authorities noticing him. He probably felt helpless and all alone, and like nobody would believe him. Poor Yenn. :CCC
    I'm so glad it was. O: That part was part of why the chapter took so long; I wanted to be sure I got it really right. O: I'm glad that I succeeded in that. *0* Yes EXACTLY, and he (in that moment) doesn't know what these people do/don't know, just that they seem to be supporting Leonane and the others. And yes, that's EXACTLY it, especially since had no way of explaining in that moment. The people and pokemon around him (apart from his friends) just saw a random yanmega freaking out.

When Damian and the others came to see him, I love how we got to have so much insight into Yenn's thought pattern. He needed them to know what it was like, why he was so scared and upset, and that wasn't just some spontaneous response to something insignificant. It came from a place of deep hurt and trauma, and even though he's trying so hard to move on, and reprogram himself for the better, he's still going to have extremely tender spots. And Damian understood. <: I also like the detail that Damian isn't quite sure what to say. I imagine him as a real deep feeler, and I can understand that although he may be feeling deeply and respectfully towards Yenn and his situation, he probably doesn't really know how to put it into words, especially words of comfort, and not without some thought first. But he is there for Yenn, and you can see very easily how much he cares. All he wants is to help Yenn and be someone he can trust and count on, and he doesn't give up. All the while being compassionate and understanding. ^-^
    I'm so glad you enjoyed that part! OOOOO: And it was also the first time Yenn really talked about anything that happened to him in any sort of detail (even if it was brief). And yes he did. You're spot on about Damian! He feels deeply for Yenn, but he's also super awkward and doesn't quite know what to say (not an unusual thing for him XD). And yes exactly, he does know and understand these things on some level, especially after what he's been through. O:

One detail that I thought was really interesting was the fact that Yenn actually imagined that all the humans in the plaza, and probably anyone watching that program anywhere (if he understands that it's broadcast more than just one place), supported the acts of Doctor Leonane, and were fully aware of the types of experiments his organisation conducts on pokemon like Yenn. O: That wasn't even something that crossed my mind, but it's understandable that Yenn would think that. And that makes his situation even MORE terrifying, thinking everyone around him was in support of his abuser. What a terrifying reality to have dawn on you even if it didn't end up being the true reality. But it was his reality. And thankfully, he's surrounding by people and pokemon who are able to correct small details like that, because they make a huge difference. Being able to talk to others about your trauma and experiences is so, so important. And you highlight this very well. <:
    Yep. ;0; A part of that is his own biases, and a part is Mr. Vaporeon conditioning him to believe that, but he has this idea of human society that everyone is aware of everything and that if no one's actually speaking out against something, they MUST be for it. Because humans are so inter-connected and all knowing right? Obviously, he learns this isn't the case (just like it isn't with pokemon). But that was definitely his reality in the moment. And yes, definitely! His friends could easily connect the dots and knew what was up.

Arien and Thunder's responses to Yenn's points at the end of the chapter were also AMAZING. Thunder would have such a good insight into trauma recovery, obviously, and we've seen that progress as well. She's living proof that overcoming terrible things in one's past is possible. I bet that, along with her (almost surprising... XD but also not) wisdom must give him hope. And Arien's comments were just great. XD He's so no-nonsense but his words were so comforting. Also, I wonder what happened in Damian's past... O: Unless my memory is terrible and we've already learned about it. XDD But it does make me wonder what he went through. But yeah, Arien pointing out that Yenn is not alone, as well, can hopefully help Yenn feel even more relieved and like he's in safe hands. He is, for the first time since his trauma, surrounding by caring individuals who have protected him and who are making an effort to make sure he is on the path to recovery. They are all there for him, and are all providing a different kind of support. With them, he can, even if it takes some time, finally heal. <:
    I LOVE that you loved Arien/thunder's responses. <: I wanted the "least likely" of the group to give input to him, and Thunder was perfect for that because she would have been around and SEEN pokemon break down like that, even fairly often. And I also wanted to show Arien's softer side. O: As I mentioned before, there's stuff that hasn't been explored in Damian's past yet, but you'll see! It's part that and partly the incident of getting shot by Mausk. And you're right! While he did have Ashend/Itora before, they were all in a very hostile place that encouraged toxic behaviors/thoughts, and that hindered their ability to help each other. Now he's away from that, and with people with much healthier perspectives. O:

OVERALL I loved the chapter. Well written and awesome content. I am also excited to see where this new lead for the mysterious white growlithe leads! O: I hope they can find them soon. C: And that the sentret can find a piece of grass.
    THANK YOU I'M SUPER GLAD YOU LIKED IT! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: And yes!!! I gotta finish writing that bit. C:< And yes, that is the most important thing here, that the sentret finds an (easy) piece of grass. c:

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    THAT'S OKAY BUT I'M GLAD YOU DID AND LOVED IT. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:~~~

I'm glad! OOOOOOOOOO: I actually realized that while writing, like, "Oh, that's a very human-y saying" and so that bit of dialogue happened. c:

Yes he does! * 000000000 * And I'm glad you noticed that bit! O:

I'm so glad you do! OOOOOOOOOOOOOO: And this is definitely something I'm excited to expand on more (when the toofy worry crap for sure goes away). And I'm glad! O: I bigly wanted to show that they're like, really in tune to what the other is feeling. <:

*screaming in distance*

I'm glad! OOOOO: And I had actually been thinking about it for a while but not sure where to put it until this chapter (so that it leads in the whole thing with Leonane and such). But it's a worldbuilding I wanted to explain. O: And yeah, if they have the tech to clone pokemon from fossils I think they'd have no problem growing meat in a lab. And yes, so much more efficient in literally every where! And yes! OOOOOOOOOO: As you saw, they do, but of course in the wild, there aren't any other opens. o: BUT THANKS BIGLY. C:
    I DID LOVE IT IT WAS GREAT!!!
    I like that you realised while you were writing. C: It's cool when spur-of-the-moment small details like that come up!

Yes it was great! C:

AWESOME. I think you portray it very well. ^-^ The way they are in tune with each other is super sweet to see!

THE SCREAMING.

I love that so much!!! Worldbuilding is one of my favourite things. C: And yes that's so true! EXACTLY! And yep, wild pokemon are a different story altogether. XD No worries!

XDDDDDDD BUT YES! *0* It's definitely something I wanted to explore since carnivores aren't like...evil for eating meat, it's a survival thing to them and something I imagine a LOT would have to deal with conflicting feelings about. O: And yes exactly! And haha, yes, dragonflies are incredible predators and I always thought HUGE ones like yanmega and even yanma would be terrifying to other pokemon. It's not something a lot of people think about but huge dragonflies would be absolutely a horrifying predator to encounter.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! And I'm so glad you think so! O: And YES that's exactly what I'm thaiing to portray with this! <<<<: And exactly! That's a big theme with PoD, that everyone needs help and companionship no matter if they try to deny it (Thunder) and that working together is what works. Which seems OBVIOUS but damn does society forget it often. But yes exactly! O: And yes you put it into words so well (just like all of this revieuw) and I love that! * 00000000000000000000 * YES EXACTLY. And he will get a chance to, as well. <:

;000000000; YES THE HEAD NUDGE. CCCCCC: And he indeed still does! *0* YES IT IS AND I'M SO GLAD! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:

Yes exactly! OOOO: And yep, Yenn really has no idea how these things are supposed to go, just what he saw and experienced in Cyclone's army, so of course there is a lot to learn.

OF COURSE HOW COULD I FORGET.
    Of course not! And it's rare that we get the carnivore perspective, especially the internal conflict and empathetic aspect. THAT'S SO TRUE. I mean, yanmega's pokedex entry literally says it flies by and bites the heads of its prey. XD So like...that's terrifying.

Yes! 8D And I love that theme so much! And that even Thunder learns and understands that eventually. <: Exactly, and we are even shamed for relying on others, even if it just shame from ourselves. THANK YOU! I'm glad.

HEAD NUDGE IS CUTEST. CCCCCCC:

Yeah exactly! So many journeys for Yenn lately. C:

HONESTLY SCY.

I'M SO GLAD!! I had a lot of fun writing that part. C: If I lived in the pokemon world I would have SO MUCH FUN letting my pokemon pick out treats. <: And yes I'm bigly glad you think so! O: And yes exactly! The majority of humans DO care, but Yenn is still figuring that out. o: And yes! I love that these parts come across so wholesome and special. <:~

I'm bigly glad you did! <<<<: And that's exactly it! He's FINALLY on the right path, but of course it's not an easy one. ;0; It is! And yep, especially after being so blinded by hate (which Mr. Vaporeon was happy to encourage in him) and having to unlearn all that REALLY quickly. And yep, I wanted to show that moment as truly horrifying for him, particularly the scientists being held in a good/heroic light. That to me would have been a HUGE mindscrew in the worst ways.

I'm so glad it was. O: That part was part of why the chapter took so long; I wanted to be sure I got it really right. O: I'm glad that I succeeded in that. *0* Yes EXACTLY, and he (in that moment) doesn't know what these people do/don't know, just that they seem to be supporting Leonane and the others. And yes, that's EXACTLY it, especially since had no way of explaining in that moment. The people and pokemon around him (apart from his friends) just saw a random yanmega freaking out.

I'm so glad you enjoyed that part! OOOOO: And it was also the first time Yenn really talked about anything that happened to him in any sort of detail (even if it was brief). And yes he did. You're spot on about Damian! He feels deeply for Yenn, but he's also super awkward and doesn't quite know what to say (not an unusual thing for him XD). And yes exactly, he does know and understand these things on some level, especially after what he's been through. O:

Yep. ;0; A part of that is his own biases, and a part is Mr. Vaporeon conditioning him to believe that, but he has this idea of human society that everyone is aware of everything and that if no one's actually speaking out against something, they MUST be for it. Because humans are so inter-connected and all knowing right? Obviously, he learns this isn't the case (just like it isn't with pokemon). But that was definitely his reality in the moment. And yes, definitely! His friends could easily connect the dots and knew what was up.

I LOVE that you loved Arien/thunder's responses. <: I wanted the "least likely" of the group to give input to him, and Thunder was perfect for that because she would have been around and SEEN pokemon break down like that, even fairly often. And I also wanted to show Arien's softer side. O: As I mentioned before, there's stuff that hasn't been explored in Damian's past yet, but you'll see! It's part that and partly the incident of getting shot by Mausk. And you're right! While he did have Ashend/Itora before, they were all in a very hostile place that encouraged toxic behaviors/thoughts, and that hindered their ability to help each other. Now he's away from that, and with people with much healthier perspectives. O:

THANK YOU I'M SUPER GLAD YOU LIKED IT! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: And yes!!! I gotta finish writing that bit. C:< And yes, that is the most important thing here, that the sentret finds an (easy) piece of grass. c:
    YAY!!! Oh my gosh same. XD So much fun. <: And yes, exactly. THEY REALLY DO!

Yes! CC: Exactly, and he's probably going to have more ups and downs still! EXACTLY. Having those hate lenses removed must be very jarring, too. (XDDDDDDDDD Mr Vaporeon...) Very true. You really captured the fear he felt when he thought that everyone was against him. D: I hope he gets some comfort knowing that the vast majority of people and pokemon would have no idea what they really do behind closed doors to the experiment victims. At least then it's ignorance, rather than condoning of horrible actions.

Yes! Well you did it really well! Yeah totally. To everyone else it must have been quite scary to see a yanmega freaking out, when in reality, he was the most afraid of them all. ;n;

I really did! Oh yes, that's right! Because he had been too afraid/hesitant to bring it up before. :c And I could also understand not wanting to voice your trauma in case someone invalidates how bad it was or can't understand his perspective, which I'm sure he'd have been afraid of. D: AWW DAMIAN. XD That's sweet. And yeah...it is hard to know what to say in these situations. And yes! O:

Mr Vaporeon... XD I love that perspective! OOO: And yes true...especially given that this was probably a rhetoric reinforced to him DURING the experiments (if they spoke at all, you like, like "this is for your own good" / "we know what we're doing" etc). Or if not spoken, he might have assumed that's how they thought based on how they treated him and other victims. I really like that you showed his reality like that! It made it more powerful, too. <:

YES I REALLY DID! Oh that's so true. O: I imagine most of Mausk's (I still want to call him "Master" XD) pokemon would have reacted like that, most notably the ones who didn't make it. DX And I think the fact that it came from Thunder, who has SO MUCH experience with what Yenn is dealing with (broadly), and Arien, who is normally regarded as kinda cold and practical, made it have that much more impact. Like, if even THEY are speaking up, Yenn must KNOW it's genuine, even if he hasn't known them for long. Oooh yes Damian's past has me intrigued! And yes, exactly. A better support network. C:

I REALLY DID! .000000. EXACTLY. I'm glad you have your priorities straight. cx

3. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I DID LOVE IT IT WAS GREAT!!!
    I like that you realised while you were writing. C: It's cool when spur-of-the-moment small details like that come up!

Yes it was great! C:

AWESOME. I think you portray it very well. ^-^ The way they are in tune with each other is super sweet to see!

THE SCREAMING.

I love that so much!!! Worldbuilding is one of my favourite things. C: And yes that's so true! EXACTLY! And yep, wild pokemon are a different story altogether. XD No worries!
    Yes, I love those little moments. <:

Yay! *0*

THAT'S GOOD I'M GLAD I CAN DO IT WELL!

Spoiler:

SAME I LOVE WORLDBUILDING. And yeah, much more harsh survival there. O:

Of course not! And it's rare that we get the carnivore perspective, especially the internal conflict and empathetic aspect. THAT'S SO TRUE. I mean, yanmega's pokedex entry literally says it flies by and bites the heads of its prey. XD So like...that's terrifying.

Yes! 8D And I love that theme so much! And that even Thunder learns and understands that eventually. <: Exactly, and we are even shamed for relying on others, even if it just shame from ourselves. THANK YOU! I'm glad.

HEAD NUDGE IS CUTEST. CCCCCCC:

Yeah exactly! So many journeys for Yenn lately. C:

HONESTLY SCY.
    It is! And I definitely wanted to give that some attention because it is like...just survival, not like (most) pokemon want to go around murdering others. AND YES! And bites the heads apart. The pokedex entries talk about jaw power a lot and I think that's something most people don't think of. XD

I'm glad! <: YES EXACTLY! And yeah, there's so much of a "figure it out yourself" attitude and just this general "everyone for themself" thing..it's so dumb. DX And yay! c:

IT IS! * 00000000 *

MANY JOURNEYS.

XDDD

YAY!!! Oh my gosh same. XD So much fun. <: And yes, exactly. THEY REALLY DO!

Yes! CC: Exactly, and he's probably going to have more ups and downs still! EXACTLY. Having those hate lenses removed must be very jarring, too. (XDDDDDDDDD Mr Vaporeon...) Very true. You really captured the fear he felt when he thought that everyone was against him. D: I hope he gets some comfort knowing that the vast majority of people and pokemon would have no idea what they really do behind closed doors to the experiment victims. At least then it's ignorance, rather than condoning of horrible actions.

Yes! Well you did it really well! Yeah totally. To everyone else it must have been quite scary to see a yanmega freaking out, when in reality, he was the most afraid of them all. ;n;

I really did! Oh yes, that's right! Because he had been too afraid/hesitant to bring it up before. :c And I could also understand not wanting to voice your trauma in case someone invalidates how bad it was or can't understand his perspective, which I'm sure he'd have been afraid of. D: AWW DAMIAN. XD That's sweet. And yeah...it is hard to know what to say in these situations. And yes! O:

Mr Vaporeon... XD I love that perspective! OOO: And yes true...especially given that this was probably a rhetoric reinforced to him DURING the experiments (if they spoke at all, you like, like "this is for your own good" / "we know what we're doing" etc). Or if not spoken, he might have assumed that's how they thought based on how they treated him and other victims. I really like that you showed his reality like that! It made it more powerful, too. <:

YES I REALLY DID! Oh that's so true. O: I imagine most of Mausk's (I still want to call him "Master" XD) pokemon would have reacted like that, most notably the ones who didn't make it. DX And I think the fact that it came from Thunder, who has SO MUCH experience with what Yenn is dealing with (broadly), and Arien, who is normally regarded as kinda cold and practical, made it have that much more impact. Like, if even THEY are speaking up, Yenn must KNOW it's genuine, even if he hasn't known them for long. Oooh yes Damian's past has me intrigued! And yes, exactly. A better support network. C:

I REALLY DID! .000000. EXACTLY. I'm glad you have your priorities straight. cx
    Yes it is. XDDDDD BIGLY!

He definitely will! This is such a HUGE difference from the things he thought while in Mr. Vaporeon's army! (Yes. c:<) I'm bigly glad I could! O: And yeah, there was no way those people (the average/ordinary people) could have known, but of course Yenn had no way of knowing that in the moment and thus saw them as enemies/threats.

I'm glad! *0* And yeah, definitely! I don't imagine it's very common for a trainer pokemon to react like that (especially in a crowded place) and especially a big/potentially dangerous one of that sort. But yep exactly. ;0;

Yes! O: This is the first time he's actually spoken of any real details. O: And yep, that's definitely part of the reason. ;0; AND YES. C: Yes it bigly is, especially if you are already awkward. XD

YEP. XD And yay I'm glad! And you'll definitely see more of what it was like at the lab (I plan to write a short story about it) and what/how much he knew during all that! <: I'm BIGLY glad it was powerful!

YAAAAAAAAAY .0. And yep, it was a common thing especially with the ones that didn't make the cut. :c So you're spot on there! And yes, that's exactly what I wanted to portray! OOOOOO: Exactly! *0* And yes! O:~ * mystery intensifies * Yep, and a better environment too! Now Ashend and Itora just need to get to a safe place...

YAY! And don't worry I know this story is nothing compared to the grass quest!