Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-Kappa Labs

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Tri-Kappa Labs

Table of Contents:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canon Chapters:
    Chapter 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Archived Chapters:
    These chapters are no longer canon as they are poorly written and not taking the story really where I wanted it to go. Feel free to read them but, fair warning, they're bad.
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Sloane's profile

Tri-Kappa Labs
    Chapter 1

I remember the days when life was easy, when I didn't have anything more to worry about than doing my homework, wishing for a boyfriend, and hoping the bullies didn't catch me. That was when life was easy, when it was blissful, and when the world was ignorant. It was great, but I never realized that until it was gone.

I stayed up late the night before that world was lost. I couldn't sleep, something forcing me to stay awake. I didn't know what it was but no matter what I tried, I could not fall asleep. I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling the seconds tick by. I heard the clock downstairs, which I had dubbed Tickety, ring out, her song echoing throughout the house. Bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong…

Silence settled throughout the whole house after the twelfth chime had been heard. It was midnight and it was then that a pain struck me in my chest. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. I sat up in my bed and tried to discern what I was feeling. It was weird. I felt like I had just read the foreshadowing in a book. I knew something bad was about to happen, but I could not tell you for the life of me what. Right as I was going to lay back down, figuring I was just tired or something, I heard a loud CRACK! There was no mistaking that sound. It was a gunshot.

Several more cracks followed after the first. Then everything went quiet. There was no way I could sleep now. I got out of bed and walked to the nearest window. My sleepy neighborhood was quiet and dark. Nothing seemed to be able to disturb this peace. Had I not heard the gunshots mere moments ago, I could have sworn there was nothing wrong. Bang! Bang! Bang! I span around as I heard a loud banging against the front door downstairs.

"Open up!" a loud masculine voice yelled, "You are now under the rule of the Greek Riders! We are collecting tributes under the age of twenty-five to be sent to our laboratories where they will forever serve us for the betterment of the human race! If you do not produce a subject within ten minutes the house and all inside will be wiped from existence."

Terror caused my chest to seize up. I was the only person in the household under twenty-five, not to mention the only one actually in the house anyway. But I wasn't about to listen to the yahoo downstairs telling me what to do. I could legally drink and vote. I wasn't about to let him make my decisions for me like I was seven.

I put on a pair of shoes and grabbed a bag, packing what I could without having to go downstairs. For once I didn't regret having a bunch of water bottles up here. I heard the man yell from downstairs again. Seven minutes. I unlocked the window and lifted it up. The cold night breeze lifted up my short black hair from the back of my neck. It smelled like orchids, and if I wasn't in danger of death I would stop to enjoy it. I looked down at the porch maybe about four feet down from me. Planning my jump, I saw no one else below and assumed that either no one was below me, or I was making a fatal assumption.

I perched on the windowsill and once I felt safe enough, I jumped from the window. I landed on all fours on the porch, my right arm buckling underneath me, causing me to roll across the old wooden porch. It wasn't quiet or stealthy at all. I stood up quickly but I was covered in all sorts of injuries. I had to get out fast or else they would catch me. I made my way to the stairs and slid down the railing, my feet hitting the hardened earth before I knew it. Now all I had to do was cross two feet of open territory to make it to the woods. Simple right? Wrong.

I took off towards the woods, not thinking to look around before hand. It was only the notion to look left that caused me to spot a man pointing his gun at me. I heard a click then everything went black...
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 11-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow that was scary. o.o I'm wondering if this is gonna be a Pokemon story?! :O Or is it a secret?
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It will be a pokemon story. But not in the way you might think. Though it might be a few chapters before you see how it is a pokemon story. I'm working on Chapter 2 right now. However, my winter break starts at 3:45 pm Friday. As a result, all of my teachers are cramming in tests. So it may be next week before I update. Depends on how tired i am tonight.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ooh okay. I look forward to the next chapter. Good luck with all your tests! :)
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Let's hope I don't fail them! I totally am. And Yeah my first fan! ^^
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Tri-Kappa Labs
    Chapter 2

The darkness dispersed are what seemed like years. I felt my consciousness lifting, the pressure on my head growing lighter with each passing second. But my entire body weighed down like a piece of lead. Cold air surrounded me, crawling up my spine to meet the beads of sweat that trickled downward towards the floor. My hands were bound above me, I was forced on my knees. My eyelids started to feel lighter and I opened them slowly.

A jail cell came into view. It was all a dark dim gray. Walls of cement blocks trapped me on three sides, bars barricading me in on the fourth. Everything was varying shades of gray, depression settling inside of me at the sight, until I spotted a flash of brown. It was quickly followed by a heavy sigh. I narrowed my eyes and pushed against my restraints to try and get a closer look. Instantly the restraints tightened, cutting like plastic into my skin. I cried out in pain, getting the guy's attention.

"You're awake." He said. The man stood up from where he had been sitting against the wall with his back to me. I looked him over as he faced me. The guy was tall, maybe about five inches difference between the two of us. He had tanned skin that was probably darkened even more given the poor lightening of the room. But his emerald green eyes shown out brilliantly anyway. They studied me just as my brown eyes studied him. The guy hadn't shaved in a little while, the stubble appearing on his chin. He was dressed in all black, combat wear. No doubt he had on bullet proof padding. He was strongly built, like he had been trained for this life. Perhaps he had. My eyes trailed down to the gun on his left hip. The holster was on his left side, so he was left handed, at least while shooting.

"What? You just going to stare at me?" The man said. I frowned and glared at him, but did not say a word. "I'm taking that as a yes." He said with a sigh. "Well little Miss Runner, when you feel like talking, talk. The faster we get this done the faster I can get you out of those cuffs and into more comfortable conditions. I can also get some food into that belly of yours." At the mention of food my stomach rumbled. Curse the human body and its many ways of bribery. Despite this, I kept my lips sealed. The man gave me a sympathetic look and shook his head. "Fine. Stay here. You'll crack eventually." He sat down against the wall and began to drum his fingers against his leg.

I leaned my head against the wall behind me, wishing and hoping this was all a dream. This wasn't real. It couldn't be. Could it? My stomach growled again and I groaned a little. The guy glanced over his right shoulder at me. He frowned a little at me, biting the inside of his left cheek as he did. "Ready to talk yet?" He asked. I shook my head. "Geez you're stubborn." The guy replied before going back to tapping out a beat. It took me a minute to recognize the song. It was Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley. The guy had a sense of humor. I'd give him that. Time passed slowly, the only sounds in the jail was the idiot's Jailhouse Rock song.

Finally, as he finished playing the song, the guy glanced over his shoulder at me again. When I didn't even really acknowledge the look, he sighed loudly and stood up. I thought he was going to leave me here but instead he came into my cell and crossed his arms. "Just talk already. Look, you're bored, I'm bored, and all you have to do to get out of here is just answer like five questions. Ok? So just let me ask you these five questions and then we can leave. Sound fair?" I just stared at the guy quietly. After a minute he huffed in frustration. "If you don't talk I will make you talk." I still didn't say anything. The guy shook his head and reached for his gun. "Didn't want to have to do this but you've forced my-" Just then, as if God perfectly timed it, the guy's stomach growled, really loudly. I couldn't stop myself from busting into laughter. Tears filled my eyes, I was laughing so hard. The man's face turned a shade of pink and he looked away from me.

He seemed more and more nervous as I continued to laugh. I finally stopped, my breath escaping me. The guy's face was red from embarrassment and possibly anger. He clenched his fists and took deep breaths. It was then that it occurred me. How long had he been sitting there waiting for me to wake up? He couldn't leave either. Maybe he had been here the entire time. Guilt rose like bile up in my throat. "I'm sorry." I whispered. The guy's fists loosened a bit at the sound of my voice. He sighed and pinched his nose before sitting down in front of me.

"Look, I don't want to be here any longer than you. Trust me. All we have to do to get out of here is have you answer a few basic questions. That's it." He said, "And if you want, I'll answer any of your questions too. Deal?" I hesitated. It sounded like a reasonable deal. But could I trust this guy? After a minute of deep thought, I nodded. The guy smiled and said, "Ok, first, what's your name?"

"Shayla." I replied.

"Your full name." He said. I sighed and rattled off my name,

"Shayla Adelia Maricela Modesta Eva Abano Cortez." The man chuckled.

"So you're Hispanic then?"

"That's right. But I was born and raised in the United States of America." I replied, "Now, what's your name?"

"Quill Andreus Maxi." He replied, "Caucasian. Born in Greece but raised in the United States." Quill thought over his next question then asked, "Did you have any plans in regards to say a job or college before this happened?"

"Yeah." I said, "Job wise at least. I had hoped to get the job opening at Home Depot in the gardening section. I really like gardening. You?"

"I grew up with the sole purpose of becoming a soldier." Quill said. I winced. No sugar coat there. "Who and where are your parents?"

"My dad is in France right now. His first name is Horacio. You know the rest. My mom was Terrica. She's six feet under. Cancer got her when I was in sixth grade."

"Sorry for your loss." Quill replied, "You'll be pleased to know that your dad is safe where he is for now."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'll explain later." Quill watched me closely in silence and it took me a minute to realize he was waiting on me to ask a question.

"Where are you parents?"

"Dead or in Greece." He said, "My foster parents are dead as well." I could see this was a painful subject for him through the hurt that surfaced in his eyes and the quickness of his changing the topic.

"Age and birthday?"

"22 and March 31, 1992. You?"

"25 and November 2, 1989."

Several more questions of unimportance were asked of me. By that point Quill could tell I was relaxed and decided to get to the true grit of my interrogation.

"Have you ever heard of the Greek Riders before this encounter?" Quill asked me, curiosity sparking like a flame in his eyes.

"No." I responded quickly, anger filling me voice, "The first time I met them they tried to blow up my house and threatened to kill me! Who the heck do they think they are?"

"The rulers of this country."

"What?"

"They took over the country yesterday. It's why they attacked your house. I was lucky I had received intel that your neighborhood would be one of the ones hit first."

"And who do you work for?"

"The Roman Charioteers." Quill said, "Protectors of the peace. We are trying to prevent the Greek Riders from taking over, but they have succeeded in science where we have not." He stood up and began to mess with my shackles. "After breakfast, I'll tell you the rest. But for now I think I'll unshackle you. I know that is uncomfortable." There was a click and my shackles opened. My arms fell down by my sides. I stretched them a little bit, getting the blood flowing through them again. I was rubbing my wrists when Quill offered a hand to help me up. I took it and stood up.

We exited the cell and I never looked back. I hadn't been there long but I hoped to never return. I felt relief hit me as we left the dungeon-like area. I looked around the long blue corridor ahead of me. People in guard uniforms lined the walls. I shifted uncomfortably as we continued to pass them, the fact that they were all staring at us sending shivers down my spine. Quill noticed my discomfort and gave me a reassuring smile. It wasn't that reassuring to me though. We reached the end of the blue corridor and took a right onto another corridor, this one green. Here there were many viewing windows into a variety of rooms. Quill and I walked passed them quickly but I caught glimpses of a training room, a library, and a mechanic shop through some of the windows. Finally we reached a metal door. Quill pushed it open and we entered a large room. It was silver all around, except for the roof which was glass windows. The sunlight was what illuminated the entire place, glimmering and reflecting off the metals in the room. People were all over the place, some dashing back and forth between machines, others relaxing on furniture, while some just stood and observed the entire scene that lay before them. The place seemed to be divided into a mix of relaxation areas, working areas, and stores. They were each evenly spaced apart in an intricate pattern as if some OCD high school nerd had organized the entire thing.

Quill lead me to one of the nearest relaxation areas. It was purple with a TV and a couch. A girl was laying across the couch dressed in purple as well. Not kidding. Her jeans were purple, her converse were purple, and her hoodie was purple. Her shirt was purple too but it had the words "I'm just an arms dealer" on the front. I recognized those to be lyrics of the Fallout Boy song "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" and if I had to guess, the rest of that line ("fitting you with weapons in the form of words") was on the back of her shirt. She also had purple Beats headphone hung around her neck. Her long brown hair was everywhere, most of it hanging down over the arm of the couch that she was leaning against. The girl was typing rapidly on a Windows XP tablet. I squinted to try and read what she was typing but the text moved to quickly for me to make it out. Quill cleared his throat and the girl stopped typing. She clicked off her tablet and looked back at us. Her skin was pale, like she hadn't gone outside much but she had freckles all over her cheeks. Her eyes were a brilliant violet that matched her glasses which were, you guessed it, purple. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that's her favorite color.

"Quill, you're finally back." She said to him. Her gaze slid to me and she looked me over through her frameless purple glasses. "And you brought a girl." The girl smiled a little and looked back to Quill. She began to wiggle her eyebrows at him.

"No Sloane. Put those eyebrows away Sloane." Quill said with a huge grin on his face. "I will shave them off of you don't." The girl, who's name was Sloane I guess, began to laugh in response.

"So who is she?"

"Her house was attacked yesterday by the Greek Riders when South Carolina's government fell. Her name is Shayla." Quill replied seriously. Sloane looked back at me sadly and sighed.

"Yesterday was a dark day for the Carolinas." She said, "I'm Sloane Jackson. Nice to meet you. I hope both of our homes are safe even while under Greek Rider control."

"You're from South Carolina?" I asked her. Sloane nodded in response.

"Born and raised. Though I left yesterday when all chaos broke loose. I got a heads up. Not many others were so lucky." I opened my mouth to ask what she meant but Quill cut me off.

"Like I said earlier, I'll explain everything to you after breakfast. I just thought I'd introduce you to the team first."

"The team?"

"The people you'll be working with if you say yes to a question later."

"Wait wh-"

"No time! This is the only time of the day that Being comes out from his labs." Quill grabbed my right arm and pulled me away from Sloane's place. We ran down the long room to a laboratory room. At first I didn't see anyone, but then I saw movement. A boy with spiky navy blue with red streaked hair was messing around with some test tubes in the back. He was dressed in a white lab coat but that's all I could see. He was also about five foot eight if I had to guess. Not too tall but not too short either. "Being!" The kid jumped and dropped one of his test tubes. The glass shattered on the floor and a green liquid spilled everyone. Being turned around and glared at Quill.

"Not funny man! You're lucky that's just colored water!" He said. His skin was fairly light as well, but unlike Sloane, Being lacked any freckles. His eyes were a bright blue that seemed like they should sparkle like the ocean, but right now all I could see what an endless sea of anger. Being seemed pretty upset but Quill just kept right on laughing.

"That's what you always say." Quill retorted. Being huffed loudly and crossed his arms. He turned his back to us but then hesitated. Being looked over his shoulder at me.

"Who's the new girl?"

"Her name's Shayla. She is one of the refugees from South Carolina."

"Ahh." Being turned around and walked over to me. "Pleasure to meet you. Being Mascist. I'm from the Asia sector. Recently transferred here." I gave him a confused look. "Ah. Quill hasn't explained everything yet. Ok well that will make sense once he does. Now if you'll please excuse me I have broken lab equipment to attend to." With that Being turned from me and walked back to where the broken test tube was. Before I could even blink, Quill had my arm again and was dragging me down the hallway.

This time we stopped by a bakery and for a second I thought we were finally going to get breakfast but then I realized I was being introduced to some more people. Quill waved to a pair of fraternal twins. They waved back, served someone else then came over to us. They both had blonde hair and brown eyes. The girl was at the guy's armpits height wise. They both had big smiles and wore aprons. Their skins were darker than Being and Sloane's but still pretty pale.

"Shayla, these are the twins Mew and Dew Bryant. They're from the Texas station." Quill said.

"Hello!" The twins said at the same time. "Sorry, we'd love to stay and chat but we have to keep serving our customers." The brother, Dew, continued, "Hopefully we can talk again soon." And just as quickly as they had came they were gone.

"Sorry." Quill said, "They're really busy right now otherwise they wouldn't have brushed us off like that." This time he didn't need to drag me, but now I came willingly. As long as I got my food later. Quill was searching this time around. He kept looking for someone but obviously didn't see anyone until his eyes landed on a black relaxation center where two guys were chilling. We walked over to them and I saw they were playing Gears of Modern Halo Blackops 7 featuring zombie nazis dancing Gangnam style. It had been a huge hit when it came out, unsurprisingly.

One guy was sitting cross legged on the couch, sticking his tongue out as he focused intently on the screen, currently mashing the A button on his control. He had leaf green hair that spiked every which way. His eyes were also the same green, competitiveness flashing in them as he continued his game. His skin was very dark, but he was obviously Caucasian. He was small from the looks of it, dressed in a white t-shirt and blue jeans with red tennis shoes. He obviously had no sense of fashion coordination. However, this kid was currently winning the level against the other boy who was hanging upside down on the other side of the couch.

The other kid had dark black hair and brown glasses. His skin was fairly light, kind of like Being's complexion. He had big brown eyes but the rest of his was pretty small. He had a black t-shirt and jeans on. I noticed a blue Yarmulka was on the floor by his head. It must have fallen off and he hadn't noticed yet.

"I doubt that's Kosher." I muttered Quill snickered and introduced the boys.

"The green haired boy is Oliver Rex and the Jewish boy is Joey Zeus. They may not look it, but these two are really good in the field. Wrecking mayhem is their speciality." Quill said to me. "I'd introduce you but I think they're busy and I know you want breakfast. Come on. There's a chick-fil-a a few rows down."

Without waiting for acknowledgement from the boys, Quill and I walked down the corridor to a chick-fil-a. We ordered and Quill paid for it all. I quickly sat down at an empty table with Quill and began to devour my food. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until that moment and all manners were forgotten. I scarfed down two chicken biscuits and a drink before noticed that Quill was smirking at me.

"What?"

"You don't seem to care that I'm in your presence."

"Hm?"

"Nothing." Quill said. He waited a moment and said, "Ready for me to explain everything." I wiped my mouth with a napkin and nodded. Finally getting to the good stuff here.

"As I mentioned before, we are a group called the Roman Charioteers. We were created to protect the world against the Greek Riders but recently, due to their scientific advances that we have yet to achieve, the Greek Riders have gained the upper hand. They've started to take over governments then capture anyone under twenty-five, ship them off to a lab, and then force them to become part of their army. So far they've overthrown about thirty-six of the fifty states and half of China."

"Is that what Being meant when he said he was an Asian transfer?"

"Yes. He was originally in a China facility but escaped and was shipped here. All of the members of our group nowadays has had some sort of encounter with the Greek Riders. Each story is the same yet unique. When our organization was founded long ago, our leaders decided it was best to find these people and have them form teams that go out to stop the Greek Riders. Who I introduced you to earlier is my team. Well most of them. One member I didn't see anywhere but he'll show up eventually.

"Now, we each are put on these teams because of specific skills each of us has. I have leadership as well as fitness. Sloane is technology and Being is chemistry. Dew and Mew are survival skills as well as black belts in mixed martial arts. Oliver and Joey are strategy and stealth. We also have specific sets of abilities. Now here's where things get complicated.

"See, the Greek Riders have created a form of super human able to use a variety of abilities to attack our agents. In response, the Roman Charioteers created what we call fusions. Upon joining us, a sliver of DNA is added to your body that allows you to change into a fusion."

"A fusion of what exactly?"

"A fusion of Pokemon."
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-23-2015 at 02:49 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Oooh. :O Pokemon fusions! That's really cool. I can't wait to see what Pokemon everyone is. :D

Also this made me laugh. xD

Gears of Modern Halo Blackops 7 featuring zombie nazis dancing Gangnam style
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lol thank you Pokemon Trainer Sarah. I didn't see your comment until just now. That quote is a reference to a anime reviewer who was reviewing Sword Art Online. He said that in the context of there won't be any other really big games until "Gears of Modern Halo Blackops 7 featuring zombie nazis dancing gangam style comes out."

And yes, pokemon fusions. You're in luck. In chapter 3 a lot more is revealed. It's mainly an information chapter though so there's not much action but I can promise that chapter 4 will have the most actions yet! Ok, next post is chapter 3!
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-23-2015 at 02:42 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Tri-Kappa Labs
    Chapter 3

"Fusion with Pokemon?" I asked, confusion washing over my features. "You can't be serious right? Pokemon aren't even real. They are a children's card and video game. Plus a TV series. They're not real." Quill smiled at me with a mischievous glint in his eye. He shook his finger at me and said,

"I thought you might say that. But trust me, they're every bit as real as us."

"Quill!"

"In fact, you're about to meet one right now." Quill looked to his right. I followed his gaze and couldn't believe my eyes. A little orange lizard with a flame on his tail and a collar around his neck ran up on all fours to Quill. He sat back on his haunches and wagged his tail furiously.

"Quill! You're back!" He said happily. My jaw dropped in shock.

"Is he-?" I started.

"A Charmander? Yes, yes he is." Quill finished for me. "His name is Trebble. Trebble, this is Shayla. Say hello." Trebble crawled over to me and wagged his tail.

"Hi Miss Shayla! I'm Trebble! I like pets, snacks, belly rubs, and naps." Trebble paused when he suddenly saw his tail. He growled. "So we meet again!" Trebble began to chase his tail. "I will catch you! You can't run forever!"

"He's just like a talking orange flaming lizard dog." I commented.

"Yeah. That's just him. Most of them don't act like dogs. That's just Trebble's personality. He's very loyal and works as the messenger for my team."

"Team?" Quill nodded.

"Yeah see, as I was explaining earlier, we fuse with Pokemon. Scientists here have created a way to infuse the DNA of Pokemon into us. With that, we have the capability to become a Pokemon ourselves. Depending on certain qualities of the DNA and of the Pokemon, the transformations vary. Certain agents, like myself, can only do full transformations. Meaning I can only be fully Pokemon or fully human. There is no in between. Some, like Sloane, can do gradual transformations. They can change certain parts of their body or do a full transformation. The only con with that is that they have to have at least one part of them changed at all times."

"Sloane didn't seem to be transformed at all."

"Oh she was and you saw her transformation too. But what was changed looked so natural that unless you knew what her Pokemon DNA base was you would think she was a regular human."

"What is she?"

"Ah ah ah. Let me finish explaining everything first before I get to that." Quill chastised. "Anyway, the members here at Roman Charioteers form teams, usually of about 8-10 members to balance out the team. Everyone has a role to play. Leader, messenger, scientist, pokedex, chef, etc. We all have to work together or else we won't function well as a team and die whenever we face the Greek Riders. As you'll recall I mentioned that the Greek Riders had made an advance in science that surpassed anything out scientists had done earlier. Well, while we can fuse with Pokemon and the lucky few of us can do partial transformations, the Greek Riders have something better."

"What?"

"Gijinkas."

"Gijinkas?"

"Half Human and half Pokemon. Most of them are pretty easily disguisable as humans but they have all the powers of a Pokemon. They're power houses already but unlike us their bases are active all the time so while we have to take time to activate our bases, they're already using theirs and can easily attack us. Ever since that advancement they've began to win and they're now attacking governments. Our scientists are trying to find something to counter it with but I doubt that they will find anything soon." Quill sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "So many have died and it won't be over until we're all dead." Quill looked at me with sad eyes. "Shayla, we need all the help we can get. You were targeted by the Greek Riders as a tribute for a reason and I think it means you're unique in some way. Please help us out."

I looked at him silently, hoping the shock registered on my face as much as it resonated within my head. Quill's face fell a little bit when he saw my look. His eyes voiced my own thoughts. I didn't believe any of this. Even with Trebble in front of me, this couldn't be real. It had to all be a dream. Unless, it wasn't a dream. I looked around at all the people at the tables around us. Some of them looked like normal humans, others had wings or tails, and then there were pokemon running all over the place playing with one another. How could this be real? But how could it not be? I swallowed hard and looked back at Quill. Immediately I felt my heart crack a little. He looked crestfallen. His emerald eyes swam with sorrow as he watched my disbelief. He wanted me here, there was no way to fake that kind of emotion. I bit my lip and thought it over hard. I couldn't go home. I had nowhere else to go that I was aware of. I didn't even know where this compound was. We could be on the moon for all I knew. But this guy... he wanted me here. He had stayed with me for who knows how long last night and today waiting for me to wake up. After all his kindness, could I really just leave him?

"Ok." I whispered. Quill perked up a little bit and looked at me as surprise flickered across his face. "I'll help you out. But only if you tell me who everyone's bases are and let me get a base." Quill's lips split into a large smile and he laughed.

"Yes and yes." He replied, "But getting you your own base won't be immediate. There's a procedure we have to go through first. But telling you everyone else's bases on our team will be easy." Quill pulled a walkie talkie from his belt and spoke into it. "Hey Mew and Dew, when can you guys take a break? The new girl says she's on board but only if we tell her our bases." There was static for a minute before Dew's deep voice rattled over the stream.

"The breakfast rush should be finished in about fifteen minutes. Give us until then. Where should we meet?"

"The usual." Quill responded, "Everyone got that right? Meet at the usual spot in fifteen minutes."

"Roger!" Joey and Oliver said over the frequency.

"I hear you." Being added.

"Fifteen minutes tops." Mew said, "But we'll be there."

Everyone waited in silence but Sloane's voice never came over the line. Quill frowned a little and sighed,

"Sloane? You there?" Static covered the line again. Sloane didn't answer.

"I bet she's on the roof again." Being's voice crackled.

"The roof?" I said, giving Quill a confused look.

"It's where she goes when she wants to be alone." He explained, "She goes there to think or when she needs inspiration for one of her stories. None of us understand what's so appealing about it but something up there keeps her going up there." Quill put the walkie talkie to his mouth again. "I'll go get her. I'll meet you guys in fifteen." Quill stood up from the table. Trebble jumped to Quill's shoulder and I stood up in response. Pushing in our chairs, Quill lead me to a side corridor that was very dark and very small. At the end of the corridor was a set of stairs. We began to climb up the stairs, the stairs spiraling like spider stairs. It was hard to see and I tripped a few times but finally we reached a door. Quill pushed it open, but the door obviously resisted his efforts. As I stepped outside after him, I understood why. The wind howled as it raced at a high speed around us. No wonder Sloane came up here to be alone. No one else was probably crazy enough to come up here. I scanned the roof and saw Sloane at the far edge.

She was smiling a little, her headphones over her ears. She was holding her right one closer with her hand and I saw her lips moving, like she was talking to someone. Sloane stopped for a little bit then giggled in response to something. Was she actually talking to someone? Quill took a step forward and Sloane stiffened. That was the only sign she gave of knowing we were here. Her lips moved quickly again before she messed with her phone. When Quill and I reached her, "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" by Fall out boy (the lyrics of this song were on her shirt if you'll recall my mentioning earlier) was playing through her headphones. Quill hadn't seemed to have noticed her talking, either that or he didn't care. Quill just reached down and tapped her shoulder. Sloane lowered her headphones and looked at him.

"Did I miss a meeting call?" She asked. Quill nodded. Sloane sighed and shook her head. "Sorry. I was stuck on one of my stories and I was trying to think of something for it. No luck so far though." Sloane stood up from the edge of the roof, her headphones hanging around her neck, phone in her pocket, and her tablet clutched closely in her arms. "I'll come back up later and see if I can get some inspiration then." With that, the three of us left the roof.

Sloane and Quill lead me back downstairs to the main hallway area. We walked back in the direction of the relaxation room I had met Sloane in, but we passed it and kept going. Soon we passed under an arch with a sign on it. The sign said, "Guild Rooms." I frowned a little in confusion but just kept following Quill and Sloane. As I looked around, I noticed this whole place was sectioned off into meeting rooms. On each door there was a team name. Elevators, escalators, and stairs allowed easy access to rooms on all the different floors. Quill lead Sloane and I into an elevator. He pulled out a key card from his pocket and tapped it against the registration pad. He then hit the number twenty-three, the top floor I presumed since there were no other numbers above it. Without further delay, the elevator shot up at an unusual speed. I grabbed onto Quill in surprise and he smiled as I clung to him for dear life while he just relaxed against the railing. I shot him a hateful look then slid my gaze to Sloane. She looked extremely uncomfortable, holding the railing with white knuckles, her teeth were clenched and her eyes were misty. I then realized why. The entire elevator was glass and Sloane was looking down. She was terrified of heights.

The elevator finally slid to a stop and shuttered as the door opened. Quill held me as Sloane was the first one off, literally jumping out of the elevator and collapsing on the ground. Quill lead me out and I released him from my clutches. Sloane stayed on the ground for a minute or two more before shakily standing up. Quill resumed the lead and we followed him down the small hallway. He stopped at a room with the number twenty-three above the number 310 on it and the name "Tri-Kappa" on the door. Quill tapped his card against a scanner by the door. It glowed green and the door slid open. The three of us stepped inside where Oliver, Joey, and Being all awaited us.

"Mew and Dew have not arrived yet?" Quill asked, checking his watch.

"No sir." Being replied, "But they still have about ten more minutes before the rush is over." Quill nodded his head in thought before sitting down. I took the seat to his right and Sloane sat across the table from us.

"I would like to begin if that is alright with all of you. Hopefully Mew and Dew will be here soon so they can catch up. Anyway, this is Shayla, as you all know. She has decided to join our team but on the conditions that we tell her what our bases our and get her a base as well. I informed her that getting her a base might take a little while but showing her ours wouldn't be that much of a problem. So, without further ado, would anyone like to go first?" The conference room remained silent for a minute before Sloane raised her hand.

"I'll go first." She said. Sloane pursed her lips then said, "I am Pokemon #715, Noivern the Sound Wave Pokemon. I have the ability infiltrator which allows me to get up close with my opponents and pass through any barriers such as light screen and be able to attack them. I have the naive nature, increasing my speed but lowering my special defense. I also have the characteristic "likes to fight" which increases my attack power. I have the moves dragon pulse, boom burst, steel wing, and flamethrower. I also carry the item metronome because I tend to use the same moves repeatedly. I am what's called a first generation purebred fusion meaning my DNA has only one base, which is noivern. This allows me to do partial transformations but at the cost that I have to have a partial transformation going at all times. My headphones," Sloane lifted them a little, "are my transformation. They become my ears when i become a noivern." Sloane took a deep breath and seemed to be thinking. "I think that's about it."

"I'll go next." Being said. He smiled at me then continued, "I am Pokemon #156, Quilava the Volcano Pokemon. I have the ability Blaze which increases the power of my fire type moves when I'm close to unconsciousness or death. I have a lonely nature which increases my attack but lowers my defense. I have the characteristic "mischievous" which increases my special attack. I know the moves Eruption, flame wheel, brick break, and aerial ace. I also carry the item charcoal to further increase my fire power. I am also a purebred fusion, but I am from the second generation while Sloane is from the first. This truly has no meaning except that I have less detectable transformations." Being rolled up his sleeves to show red stripes covering his arms. "I have these all over my body, starting at my torso. I also have these in my pokemon form but they cover my entire body then." Being surveyed the room to see who would go next. It was Oliver who spoke up.

"Well I'm Oliver, in case you don't remember seeing me. I have two bases, Pokemon #152 Chikorita, the leaf pokemon, and Pokemon #175 Togepi, the spike ball Pokemon. I have the ability Super Luck which makes it easier for me to land critical hits. I have the quiet nature which increases my special attack but lowers my speed. I have the characteristic "good endurance" which increases my defense. I know the moves metronome, ancient power, vine whip, and solar beam. I hold the item Power Herb so I have one charge-free solar beam attack. I am a first generation dual-breed fusion meaning I have more than one base in my DNA, chikorita and togepi. This results in me only being able to change to either fully human or fully pokemon. It also means that since I'm a first generation, I will never be able to evolve my bases and that they had to be first stages when they implanted them into me."

"I guess that's where I come in." Joey said. "I'm Joey and I also have two bases, Pokemon #197, Umbreon the Moonlight Pokemon, and Pokemon #006, Charizard, the flame pokemon. I have the ability Drought which creates intense sunlight upon my transformation. I have the naughty nature which increases my attack but lowers my special defense. I have the characteristic "likes to fight" as well so my attack is increased further. I know the moves Blast Burn, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw, and Air Slash. I carry the Expert Belt item to increase the power of my moves that have type advantages against my opponents. I am a second generation dual-breed fusion which means I also have two bases in my DNA. Just like the others, I can only be fully human or fully pokemon. However, since I'm second generation, I was able to evolve my bases, as they started as a charmander and an eevee. However, second generations had to have the first stages implanted into them. Anything higher than that and our DNA would break down." There was a knock at the door and then it opened revealing Dew and Mew. Quill smiled and gestured to their seats.

"You guys are just in time. We were just telling Shayla about our bases. Dew, why don't you go next since we're going in order of breed and generation." Dew nodded and looked at me.

"Well Shayla, I have two bases just like the others. I am have the bases of Pokemon #502, Dewott the Discipline Pokemon, and Pokemon #521, Unfezant the Proud Pokemon. I have the ability Shell Armor which prevents me from receiving critical hits. I have the gentle nature which increases my special defense but lowers my defense. I also have the characteristic "quick to flee" which increases my speed. I have the moves Shell Blade, Sky Attack, Hydro Pump, and Heat Wave. I carry the item mystic water to power up my water moves even when in sunlight. I am a third generation dual-breed fusion. In my case, they were able to put evolved pokemon bases into my DNA but I cannot evolve them."

"Now it's my turn." Quill said, "I have two bases as well. I have the bases of Pokemon #156 Quilava the Volcano Pokemon and Pokemon #492, Shaymin the Gratitude Pokemon, Sky forme. I have the ability Flash Fire meaning fire type moves only increase my fire power. I have the characteristic "Likes to thrash about" which increases my attack. I also have the Mild nature which increases my special attack by lowers my defense. I have the moves Air Slash, Flamethrower, Seed Flare, and Rollout. I carry a miracle seed to increase my seed flare's power. I am a first generation legend-breed fusion. This means that I have two bases, one of which is a legendary and one of which is a regular pokemon. The regular pokemon base must be implanted as a first stage, in my case cyndaquil, but can evolve."

"And that leaves me." Mew finished off. "I have three bases. I have the bases of Pokemon #156, Quilava the volcano Pokemon, #151, Mew the New Species Pokemon, and #251, Celebi the Time travel Pokemon. I have the modest nature and have the characteristic "loves to eat" which increases my HP. I know the moves Leaf storm, Eruption, Aura Sphere, and Psychic. I have the item black belt to increase the power of my fighting type move. I am a fourth generation legend-breed fusion. This means I have three bases, two of which are legendaries, and one of which is a regular pokemon. We can implant evolved pokemon bases but they cannot evolve."

"Then there's little old me!" Trebble added, waving his paw. "I have the base of Pokemon #004, Charmander the lizard pokemon. I have the bashful nature which means no stat gains or loses for me but I have the characteristic of "likes to run" so my speed goes up anyway. I know the moves dragon pulse, inferno, iron claw, and focus blast. I carry the item called the "Masa Crest." It was designed specifically for me. It maximizes my speed stat as well as allows me to use the move focus blast, which normal charmanders cannot learn. I am a first generation, purebred."

"So how do you determine what generation, breed, and base you are? Is it all part of the same test?" I asked, looking at Quill.

"I was waiting for you to ask that." Quill replied, "See, remember when I said we couldn't give you a base right away? Well, that's why. Our scientists have to test your DNA to determine the bases, generation, and breed best fit for you. If they don't give you the right one your DNA could break down and cause you to die."

"I figured you had a legit reason but that's not what I expected." I said honestly. Quill chuckled and looked at the others.

"So, I was thinking Shayla could join our team. We could definitely use another member and she has nowhere else to go now that she knows everything she does. I feel like it would be best if she joined us. Sound good?" Everyone voiced their agreements and I smiled a little.

"Thank you all for welcoming me." I said.

"Well on that note, I'll go get Shayla her base and get her registered into the system." Everyone stood up. Trebble jumped on Quill's shoulder as everyone else filed out the door to their respective places. Quill lead me back to the elevator. The ride down was just as bad as the first, except this time it wasn't just Quill, myself, and Sloane. As the elevator began its rapid descent, I grabbed hold of Quill again instinctively. Quill wrapped one of his arms around me for reassurance. I buried my face in his chest and a few minutes later the ride was over. I pulled away from him, suddenly embarrassed at my action, but Quill didn't seem to mind until Being let out a cat call.

"Looks like we know who the next power couple is." Both Quill and I's faces went red. We exited the elevator quickly, the laughter of our teammates following behind us. When we got a decent ways away from the elevators, Quill and I stopped running. We slowed to a walk. My face was still very red, my heart pounding. I couldn't look at Quill. I was too embarrassed to look at him. We walked in silence for a little while before I felt Quill's strong arm wrap around my shoulder. He moved my head to face his.

"Hey, come on. Don't let what Being get to you. He's an idiot despite being a genius." Quill said, a broad smile playing on his lips. "Now come on, let me see a smile." I smiled a little at him and Quill laughed. "There it is! That's what I like to see." Quill lead me down the hallway past where we had eaten earlier to another archway area. This time the sign above read "Bases." I assumed that meant like DNA bases. Unlike the guild area, this place only had one door. Quill opened the door for me and I walked in then waited for him to take the lead again. He lead me down a long hallway to another door, which lead to another hallway and another door, so on and so forth until about seven hallways and doors later. After that final door, Quill and I entered a large room that reminded me of a hospital room.

Everything was white and the place stunk of medicine. There was one of those metal doctor beds to my right, pressed up against the wall with a little white blanket on top of it. Directly ahead of us was another door and beside the door was a table filled with syringes, medicines, and other doctorly tools that sent a shiver down my spine. I hate doctor's offices. Standing beside the table was a man, an old man. He had black hair that was greying and blue eyes that popped from behind his spectacles. He had on a lab coat with khaki pants and a black shirt. The man leaned on his chain as he squinted at me.

"Where'd you find her Quill? I've seen better." He finally said. Quill sighed and replied,

"She's better than she looks." He turned to me, "Shayla this is Dr. Mullins. He's going to get you a base."

"Sit." Dr. Mullins said, pointing to the bed thing. I walked over to it and sat on the blanket. Dr. Mullins slowly made his way over to me and examined me. It was like he was giving me a physical with his eyes. I didn't like the creeping feeling it gave me as he looked me over. He just stared at me unblinking. Gave me the shivers. Finally Dr. Mullins looked back at Quill and said, "You've brought us a strong one. She will be able to take a high level base. I can tell. What though, I am unsure. We will have to test her with the illusions."

"Illusions?" I asked, looking quizzingly at Quill. Quill opened his mouth to explain but Dr. Mullins stopped his with a wave of his hand.

"She will find out soon enough. No need to bother telling her." He walked over to the table by the door and picked up a syringe. Dr. Mullins came back over to me and commanded, "Lay back." His stern tone caused my body to react immediately, doing as it was told. Before I could protest, he jabbed the needle in my arm and my vision began to fray at the edges. I groaned as time seemed to slow and it became harder for me to keep my eyes open. I heard Quill say something just before I descended into darkness,

"Welcome Alice, to the rabbit hole."
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-23-2015 at 03:02 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ooh all these fusions are so complex with their different generations and things. I look forward to finding out about what they actually look like she they're in Pokemon form! I think it's cool that they all have natures and characteristics too!