Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tri-Kappa Labs

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well the main difference between the two is that in this story there's humans and gijinkas, but in the original it was just fusemon. It opened up with them being produced in a factory, with the main character (Shaylava) waking up to consciousness. She notices immediately that no one else seems to be aware, their eyes glazed over. Then the instant she spots someone that has clear eyes, that individual is incinerated. Shaylava freaks out mentally then realizes she's about to pass the check point that individual got incinerated at. She freezes and tries to pass as a mindless individual. By some miracle, she gets through and is sent to one of the three sections of the laboratory. If I remember correct she got sent to the "Fighting" section or something like that but it's been several years since this story. So she goes a day living here only to be cornered by another fusemon, Dewfezant. He says she's not playing the whole mindless individual very well and offers to teach her. They begin to work together and soon their supervisor, Unpunny, sends them to the next area, the Survival Area. Here they learn how to survival in the wild and whatnot, Shaylava being a natural at this area. There they meet two other fusemon that aren't mindless, Vulveeon and Cyndamin. After about two weeks they plan to move on again when their supervisor, Haxozard, requests that Shaylava stay behind so that she can be his successor. Unpunny and the head of the facility agree, so the group must move on without her. Shaylava trains separate from everyone else from then on, and after what seems like months they "awaken" her (even though she's technically already awake). However, soon after this happens there's an explosion in the next area over, the Intelligence area (I think). During the time Shaylava was training, Dewfezant, Cyndamin, and Vulveeon met two other awake fusemon, Quillmin and Umbretails. They ended up sabotaging an experiment set up by their supervisor, Shikachu. They ended up trying to flee the facility but are stopped by the three supervisors and Haxozard orders Shaylava to kill the rogues. When she refuses they realize she is one of them and send them all to the dungeons below the building. There they meet the man in charge, Mewthree. He explains the whole reason he founded Tri-Kappa Labs was to stabilize his form since prior to the founding it was quite erotic. After injecting the DNA of every Pokemon into him, he stabilized and became the ultimate being. Then he created an army of fusions to take over the world, you know the usual villain stuff. The group vows to defeat him, he tells them they're too late, then leaves. They try to escape but there's no way out. Everyone except Shaylava becomes depressed earning a pep talk from Shaylava. They ended up escaping (I can't remember how but it had something to do with explosions). Alarms start blaring and they try to make their escape. The supervisors try to stop them but end up joining them as the whole place collapses. In the midst of it all, Mewthree says he's not going down alone and uses psychic to prevent Unpunny, Haxozard, Shikachu, Dewfezant, Vulveeon, and Umbretails from leaving. They whole place collapses down on them and only Shaylava, Quillmin, and Cyndamin make it out alive. The epilogue skipped almost a decade into the future where the place had become a sanctuary for fusemon with the only living three main characters acting as guardians. Shaylava and Quillmin had a kid they named Citrus, he was a Shayquil because he looked very different from Cyndamin. The epilogue gives a description of the place and how much it changed from Shaylava's perspective. She reminiscences about the days ten years prior and breaks down into tears. The story ends with her looking out over a nearby lake and seeing something in the water's reflection. She looks up just in time to see a familiar figure, Mewthree, soaring in the sky just before he jumps into a portal.

There was supposed to be a sequel titled Beyond the Sanctuary where Shaylava, Quillmin, Cyndamin, and Citrus all leave the sanctuary in pursuit of Mewthree. I actually found a few notes on this mentioning that they would travel across a region called Ascater. The whole place had anti-fusemon laws so it's hard for the group to navigate around but the reason they have these laws is because Mewthree has taken over the Champion's mind. The group ends up going to the Champion and he battles them using the mind controlled versions of Dewfezant, Umbretails, Vulveeon, Shikachu, Unpunny, and Haxozard. They end up defeating the Champion and having to face Mewthree. They defeat him but only after snapping out their friends and the whole group attacking as one. They defeat Mewthree once and for all then head back to the Sanctuary to continue as guardians of the place.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I know I said it would probably take a while before I got around to starting to read this, but it took even longer than I thought. I'm regretting not looking sooner though because I really like it so far! I only read the first two chapters, but I'll read more soon.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Dragon Master Mike That's alright! I'm glad you like it. More chapters will be coming soon and since I know there's a lot posts in between each chapter there is a table of contents in the first post in case you didn't see it.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So, I have little excuse to explain why I haven't updated this is several months other than I've lost inspiration. To be quite honest, I started writing this because I wanted to show my writing skill. However, I didn't plan out the plot much at all, and the story suffered as a whole. Honestly, looking back, it's not very well written at all and I'm ashamed of it. Thus, I have deemed these chapters no longer canon to the story.

So, what does this mean for Tri-Kappa Labs as a whole? Well, I have zero intention on dropping this story. I've dropped it three times already on other sites and I don't want that trend to resume here. This is probably my favorite plot of Tri-Kappa Labs and I don't want to abandon it yet. That being said, I want to put together a script first before I continue this story. It will benefit my writing as a whole to put together a script before I actually start writing. When you'll see an update is up for debate because I do have a very busy schedule this year, so we'll see. You probably won't see many major changes until Shayla gets her base. Prior to that there won't be many changes. This is solely because, as many of you know, besides chapter 1, these were mainly informational chapters to help explain to the reader the basics of the plot. Therefore, there isn't much that really can be changed besides the delivery of the information. You also probably won't see much change in character line up either but their personalities and such will be altered to make more sense. I also plan to attempt a short story that details the travels of a few of my dearest partners. More to come on that as time progressed though. But, before I depart, I leave you with the new and (hopefully) improved chapter 1 of Tri-Kappa Labs.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Chapter 1

-Son of a Bench-

November 15, 11:59 PM.

I was working on a paper, alone in my home. It was eerily quiet but I had grown used to the feeling and paid no heed to it. After all, one does not become a veterinarian by procrastinating on assignments and being spooked by spine tingling silences. Plus, I had tried to fall asleep earlier but to no avail. That's a reasonable excuse to not sleep, right?

I was startled out of my thoughts when I heard the grandfather clock from downstairs chime out midnight. Bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… bong… Tickety, the grandfather clock, quieted down after that twelfth strike and I began to resume my work. A chill suddenly crept up my spine and I hesitated. The air around me suddenly felt tense. It didn't normally feel like this. I slowly closed the lid of my computer and placed it on the floor beside my bed. Tension crawled up my skin as I leaned over to the window beside my bed and parted the curtains.

My eyes scanned the scene, taking time adjust to the darkness. Trees rose up like the forest my backyard was. I could see the porch a few feet to the window's right and the hot tub about ten feet down. In the distance, tucked between two large oak trees, was a wooden bench on a brick platform. I sighed, scanning the area one more time. It appeared my nightly fears were getting the best of me. I started to pull away from the window when I saw something. A flicker of movement by the bench.

I leaned closer to the window and watched intently. It was several minutes before I saw it again. There, behind the right oak tree by the bench, I saw the shape of a man shift. Questions began to flood into my head. What was this man doing? Why was he here? I was so focused and confused that the sudden crack of sound nearly knocked me off the bed. I tumbled back a little and had to scrabble to sit back up. I barely was able to catch sight of the man duck behind my bench. There was another crack and I saw a flash of light from under the porch. There was no mistaking it. That was a gun shot!

My breathing started to come more quickly as the shots continued. This was crazy! Were they not worried someone would call the police? The idea dawned on me. The police! I slapped around on my nightstand for my cellphone. My fingers curled around the iPhone 5 and yanked it from its charger. My shaking fingers could barely type in my passcode and I missed the phone app twice before finally click it correctly. Once that was open, it was much less difficult to hit in the numbers and I could hear the ringing echoing through the speakers.

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator spoke up. I looked out my window at the scene and answered,

"Yes, this is Shayla Cortez, I'm at 105 Tesel Tree Court. There's a shooter at my house. He's under my porch and he's firing at someone in my backyard."

"And how are you able to see this, ma'am?"

"I'm in my bedroom on the second floor and I can see them both from my window."

"Okay, ma'am, I'm going to need you to stay close to the window but please try to stay out of sight. It was not be good for either party to see you. And-" I never heard what she said next. The window across the room from me suddenly burst open and I shrieked as a large bat-like creature crawled into my room through the shattered window. It growled and approached me faster than my eyes could catch, snatching my phone away from me and crushing it in its claws.

"Can't let you do that," it growled to me in a deep, gruff voice, "we tend to want to stay undetected." I shrieked again, causing the monster to frown. It sighed loudly and mumbled, "I was afraid of this." It took a step back then closed its eyes. Suddenly a low-pitched sound hit my ears and my eyelids felt very heavy. Everything slowly went dark as I felt my body hit the cushion of my bed. The last thing I heard was a male voice.

"Take her in."
    / / / / / / / /