Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter City Gym: Brock

Pewter City Gym

Before you even reach the battling field you notice the rules posted.
    1. Two vs Two Match (So you can only use two pokemon!)
    2. No Pokemon From out the Region (Meaning your Mega Imports) allowed (House Rule)
    3. No Items can be used.

Gym Leader: Brock
    Specialty : Rock Types
    Gym Badge: Boulder Badge

"So, you're here. I'm Brock. I'm Pewter's Gym Leader. I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why my Pokemon are all Rock-type!"

Brock stands still waiting to see if you leave. When you dont back down from him he smiles grabbing a pokéball.

"After what I just said you still want to challenge me? Fine then! Show me your best!"

Battling Form.

Opponent:
    Attacker:
    Opponent's Point Value:
    Attacker's Point Value
    Bonuses:
    Opponents's Remaining Points:
    Attacker's Remaining Points:
    Link to stats:

Side Note
    1. You can not use points to win a match in a gym.
    2. It will be assumed that the battles took place of the course of three or four hours. So please dont feel you need to wait for others to battle. In the thread you can react to others battles if you like. Otherwise just post in sapphire and Ruby maybe talking to others that won.
    3. The battle is not officially over until i post with the prize and cost of the gym battle. If I post that the match is unfinished youll need to edit the battle.
    Last edited by Rival Max; 04-06-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

You guys can pick either mode !!!!

Normal Mode

" This may be the first gym you come across but don't underestimate my team or you will lose."

Geodude (Type: Rock/Ground)

Onix (Type: Rock/Ground)

Okay guys unlock the other version this version is going to feature a hard mode. Below will be extra gym trainers to battle. If you choose this mode you will not be able to heal before the main event but there will be prize points for you.

Hard Mode

Youngster Josh
    "Brock is tough as...uh ...rock!"

Sandshrew (Points:6)(Type: Ground)
    Prize for winning: 3 Points

Hardhead Tommy
    " Your battle ends here!"

Cubone (Points: 7)(Type: Ground)
    Prize for winning: 2 Points

" So far so good...but its NOT OVER!"

Geodude (Type: Rock/Ground)

Onix (Type: Rock/Ground)

Last edited by Rival Max; 04-19-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Extra Battle fills a Friendship Requirement
    (You cant use a pokemon you used in the main battle. However you can use as many of your other pokemon on your team as you want to take on the side trainer.)

"Brock the best around here!"

Sandshrew (Points:11)(T:Ground)

Geodude (Points:10)(T:Ground/Rock)

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Hard Mode ! (hehe)

Battle 1
    Youngster Josh

Opponent: Sandshrew
    Attacker: Fearow
    Opponent's Point Value:6
    Attacker's Point Value: 20
    Bonuses:-10 (Evo. Type)
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 0
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 20
    Sandshrew Faints

Battle #2
    Hardhead Tommy

Opponent: Cubone
    Opponent's Point Value:7
    Bonuses:-10 (Evo. Type)
    Cubone Faints

Battle #3
    Brock!

Opponent: Geodude
    Opponent's Point Value:14
    Bonuses:-5 (Evo. Types cancel each other out)
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 11
    Geodude Faints

Opponent: Onix
    Opponent's Point Value:20
    Attacker's Point Value: 11
    Bonuses:-5 (Evo. Types cancel each other out)
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 4
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
    Fearow Faints

Attacker: Prime
    Opponent's Point Value:4
    Bonuses:-5 (Type)
    Onix Faints

Brock walked over looking at Max.
    "You familiar ...." He smiled.

Max paused.
    " We have met before..and my guess is will meet again Brock.. Im Max the Hoenn Champ.." Max laughed.

Brock paused.
    "Thats right! Misty told me about you. Ill remember your name Max." Brock said offering his hand.

Extra Battle!!!

Attacker: Azurill
    Opponent's Point Value:11
    Attacker's Point Value: 15
    Bonuses:
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 4
    Sandshrew Faints

Attacker: Marshtomp
    Opponent's Point Value:10
    Bonuses:-10 (-2 Evo, - 5 Water over Ground, -5 Water over Rock, - 0 Ground over Rock)
    Geodude Faints

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Experienced Trainer Zenith Avalon's Avatar
    Zenith's Gym battle
    Hard Mode! (because I'm crazy, lol)

Zenith walked into the Pewter City Gym, looking around.

The gym was larger than it appeared on the outside, with a huge battlefield in the middle with bleachers on both sides for spectators to watch from. The battlefield itself was covered in rocks and boulders, making it clear what type of gym it was.

This is it... It's time to prove myself and show everyone what I can do, Zenith thought. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, slowly exhaling. Her heart was racing, and she could feel the adrenaline pumping through her system. Alright, it's do or die time! she thought, clenching one of her hands into a fist.

"Hey, if you want to battle Brock, you'll have to go through me first!" said a young male voice.

Zenith blinked and turned toward the speaker. A boy around ten or so stood near her, dressed in an orange shirt and brown cargo shorts. He wore a matching orange baseball cap on his head with the brim facing backward.

"My name is Josh, and I challenge you to a battle!" the boy said, pointing at Zenith.

Zenith smiled. "Sure, sounds fun!" she said, taking out one of her Poke Balls. "Freefall, let's do this!" she shouted, throwing the Poke Ball.

The Poke Ball opened, and Freefall appeared in a bright white light. He floated in the air near his trainer, watching Josh as he sent out his pokemon.

"Let's go, Sandshrew!" Josh shouted, throwing his own Poke Ball.

A Sandshrew appeared on the ground, looking over at Zenith and Freefall. He quickly got into a fighting stance.

"Freefall, use Wing Attack!" Zenith commanded.

"Use Defense Curl, Sandshrew!" Josh shouted.

Zenith gritted her teeth. She knew immediately that he had set himself up to perform an enhanced Rollout soon.

The Sandshrew curled up into a ball just as Freefall reached him and struck the ground-type rodent with one of his wings, lessening the damage from the attack.

"Stay in the air, Freefall!" Zenith said.

"Sandshrew, use Rollout and launch yourself into the air!" Josh commanded.

The Sandshrew started to roll and took off, heading straight for a rock. The Sandshrew struck the rock and went sailing through the air straight for Freefall.

"Dodge it!" Zenith ordered.

Luckily, Freefall managed to dodge the attack, and without being told, sent a Gust attack at the Sandshrew.

The Sandshrew cried out in pain from the attack, and hit the ground hard. It slowly rose to its feet, however, and glared up at Freefall.

That Gust attack did a good chunk of damage... if I can hit it with a Wing Attack, that should win this, Zenith thought. "Freefall, use Wing Attack again and end this!" she shouted.

Freefall rose into the air and then dove toward the Sandshrew, striking the rodent with one of his wings again.

The Sandshrew cried out in pain and fell to the ground, unmoving.

Josh's face fell as his Sandshrew was knocked out, but then smiled as he returned the creature to its Poke Ball. "Wow, you're really strong! You really trained your pokemon well! Good luck!" he said.

"Thanks, that was a fun battle," Zenith said.

Youngster Josh

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Sandshrew
    Attacker: Pidgeotto (Freefall)
    Opponent's Point Value: 6
    Bonuses: -7 (-2 evo.; -5 flying over ground)
    Opponent’s Remaining Points: 0
    Link to stats: IN SIG
    Freefall wins!

Zenith continued along through the gym with Freefall beside her.

"Hey, you!" shouted another young male voice. "You might have been able to beat Josh, but you won't beat me!"

Zenith stopped and turned toward the voice, but stared in surprise at the sight before her. What appeared to be a giant Marowak stood a few feet away from her. She quickly realized that it was just another boy dressed in a costume.

"I'm Tommy! I challenge you to a battle!" the boy said, pointing his fake bone club at Zenith.

"Alright, let's battle!" Zenith said. "Freefall, you up for another battle?"

"Pidgeo!" Freefall replied, nodding his head.

Tommy took out a Poke Ball and threw it in the air. "Let's do this, Cubone!"

A Cubone then appeared in a flash of white light. It narrowed its eyes at Freefall and swung its bone club.

Freefall, use Gust!" Zenith ordered.

"Cubone, use Bonemerang!" Tommy shouted.

Freefall sent a gust of wind at Cubone, which knocked the creature back a few feet, causing small scratches to appear on its body. He then quickly dodged the Bonemerang attack, and dove toward Cubone, striking him with a Wing Attack.

The Cubone cried out in pain, but slowly got back up.

"Cubone, charge in and use Bone Club!" Tommy said.

"Freefall, use Wing Attack again!" Zenith responded.

Freefall and Cubone charged at each other, and a cloud dust rose up as the attacks collided. Once the dust settled, Cubone was lying on the ground, clearly fainted.

Tommy returned his Cubone to his Poke Ball. "You really are strong. You just might be able to beat Brock."

"Thanks," Zenith said.

Hardhead Tommy

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Cubone
    Attacker: Pidgeotto
    Opponent's Point Value: 7
    Freefall wins!

Zenith kept going, and soon reached the back of the gym. Standing on the opposite side of the battlefield was a man in his early twenties with brown hair and dark tan skin.

"You must be one of the challengers scheduled for today," the man said. "I'm Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader."

"I'm Zenith Brunel," Zenith replied.

"Nice to meet you Zenith," Brock said. "Are you ready to begin?"

"Yes, I am," Zenith said.

"Great, then let's start!" Brock said. He then took a Poke Ball from his belt and threw it in the air. "Let's go, Geodude!"

A Geodude then appeared in a flash of white light, and it stared at Freefall intently, punching its open palm with a fist.

"Go for it, Freefall!" Zenith said, pointing at the Geodude.

"Geodude, use Defense Curl!"

"Freefall, use Sand Attack!"

Freefall landed on the ground and flapped his wings as hard as he could, launching a cloud of sand at Geodude.

Geodude grunted as sand got in its eyes, lowering his accuracy.

"Not bad. A good tactic for a rookie trainer," Brock said. "Geodude, use Rollout!"

"Freefall, get in the air!"

Freefall took off into the air just as Geodude began to roll toward him, missing him.

"Use Gust, Freefall!" Zenith commanded.

Freefall flapped his wings and sent a gust of wind at his opponent.

Geodude cried out in pain from the attack, making his Rollout stop.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" Brock ordered.

Geodude quickly grabbed a nearby rock and threw it at Freefall.

The speed of the attack caught Freefall and Zenith off guard, and Freefall was struck by the super-effective move.

"Freefall! Hang in there!" Zenith said. "Use Wing Attack!"

"Use Smack Down, Geodude!" Brock countered.

Freefall dove toward Geodude as Geodude reared back a fist in preparation for his attack. Freefall collided with Geodude, both of them landing their super-effective attacks. Both pokemon cried out in pain, and Freefall fell to the ground. Freefall slowly got up, breathing heavily.

"Use Wing Attack!" Zenith ordered.

Freefall quickly struck the Geodude with his wing, and the Geodude collapsed to the ground, unmoving.

Brock smiled as he returned his Geodude to its Poke Ball, placing it back on his belt. "Good job. But In still have one pokemon left. Go, Onix!" He took another Poke Ball from his belt and threw it in the air.

A Onix then appeared in a flash of light and roared at Zenith and Freefall.

Zenith turned to Freefall. "I know you're weak, Freefall, but can you keep going for a little bit?" she asked.

Freefall nodded in response and took to the air.

"Freefall, use Gust!" Zenith commanded.

"Onix, use Rock Tomb!" Brock countered.

Freefall launched a gust of wind at Onix while Onix smacked his tail into the ground and summoned several large boulders. The boulders flew toward Freefall and completely surrounded him. The Gust attack hit Onix, causing some damage. The rocks surrounding Freefall vanished, and he fell to the ground, unmoving.

Zenith returned Freefall to his Poke Ball and put it back on her belt. She then took out another Poke Ball. "It's up to you now, Qeb! Let's do this!" she said, tossing the Poke Ball into the air.

Qeb appeared in a flash of light and looked up at Onix, growling and scrapping a foot against the ground of the battlefield.

"Qeb, use Razor Leaf!" Zenith commanded.

Qeb then shot several razor-sharp leaves at Onix, chipping into its body, causing it to cry out in pain.

"Onix, use Rock Throw!" Brock yelled.

Onix smacked his tail into the ground, and some rocks flew toward Qeb, hitting him and causing some damage. Qeb stood straight and without warning, shot several small seeds at Onix. The seeds opened, and vines began to come out, wrapping around Onix. The vines then began to glow, and Onix cried out in pain, thrashing around in pain.

Zenith smiled. "Great job, Qeb!" she praised.

After several moments, Onix fell to the ground, unmoving.

Gym Leader Brock

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Geodude
    Opponent's Point Value: 14
    Bonuses: -2 (evo.)
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 8
    Freefall wins!

Freefall vs. Onix
    Opponent's Point Value: 20
    Attacker's Point Value: 8
    Opponent’s Remaining Points: 10
    Freefall faints!

Qeb vs. Onix
    Attacker: Ivysaur (Qeb)
    Opponent's Point Value: 10
    Bonuses: -7 (-2 evo. Bonus; -10 grass over rock/ground; -5 ground over poison)
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 17
    Qeb wins!

Brock returned Onix to his Poke Ball and clipped it onto his belt. "That was a great battle! You managed to break through my defenses perfectly! Congratulations on your win!"

Zenith smiled widely and looked down at Qeb. "We did it, Qeb! We did it!" she said, hugging him around his neck.

"Saur, saur!" Qeb said happily.

"Thank you for the battle, Brock," Zenith said. She waved goodbye and returned Qeb to his Poke Ball. She then headed toward the gym's exit. Before she could leave, however, a male's voice caught her attention.

"Hey there! I saw your battle with Brock!" said a man with a large camping pack on his back. "I was wondering if you were up for one more battle?"

Zenith smiled. "Sure, why not."

The man smiled. "Great! Then let's get started! Sandshrew, let's go!" he shouted, throwing a Poke Ball into the air.

A Sandshrew appeared and it stared intently at Zenith.

I should use some of my other pokemon. They need the experience," Zenith thought. She then smiled. "Calder, you're up!" she said, throwing his Poke Ball into the air.

Calder appeared out of the ball, and looked over at Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew, use Sand Attack!" the man ordered.

"Calder, use Bubble Beam!" Zenith retorted.

Calder and Sandshrew both launched their attacks, and Calder cried out as sand got in his eyes, and Sandshrew yelped in pain as well from the super-effective attack.

"Calder, use Slam!" Zenith shouted.

"Sandshrew, hit it with Poison Sting!" the man countered.

Calder charged at Sandshrew as Sandshrew reared back a fist, which began to glow purple. Calder leaped into the air and smacked into Sandshrew, and at the same time Sandshrew punched Calder in the stomach. Both pokemon cried out in pain and collapsed to the ground. Within moments, both pokemon stood up, breathing heavily.

"Stay strong, Calder, we're almost there!" Zenith said. "Use Bubble Beam again!"

"Sandshrew, use Rollout!" the man shouted.

Calder fired off a barrage of bubbles at Sandshew as Sandshrew curled into a ball and rolled toward Calder. Sandshrew managed to stay on course despite being hit by the Bubble Beam attack, and collided into Calder. Calder cried out in pain and fell to the ground, but stood up, and Sandshrew got up as well. Both pokemon were breathing heavily.

"Sandshrew, keep using Rollout!" the man shouted.

Calder fired a barrage of bubbles again, pelting Sandshrew as it rolled toward him. This time, however, Sandshrew was thrown off course and hit a rock. Sandshrew collapsed to the ground and stayed there.

The man returned his Sandshrew and smiled as he clipped the Poke Ball back onto his belt. "Alright, Geodude, you're up!" he said, taking another Poke Ball and throwing it.

A Geodude appeared and stared menacingly at Calder.

"Can you keep going, Calder?" Zenith asked.

"Azu!" Calder said, nodding his head.

"Alright, Bubble Beam!"

"Geodude, use Defense Curl, then Rollout!" the man ordered.

Calder fired another Bubble Beam attack as Geodude curled into a ball and then rolled toward Calder. Calder cried out in pain as Geodude hit him, falling to the ground, but picking himself up.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!"

"Calder, Bubble Beam again!"

Both pokemon fire their attacks and a cloud of dust rose in the air. Once the dust settled, Geodude remained standing, while Calder lay on the ground, unmoving.

Zenith returned Calder to his Poke Ball and put it back on her belt. She then took out another Poke Ball. "Tanya, you're up!" she said, throwing the ball.

Tanya appeared from her ball and got into a fighting stance. "Ratta!" she said.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" the man ordered.

"Tanya, use Bite!" Zenith retorted.

Geodude threw rocks at Tanya as she ran toward him, some of them hitting her. She continued on, however, and leaped onto Geodude, biting him.
    "Geodude, throw it off!" the man ordered.

"Geo!" Geodude then grabbed Tanya and threw her off.

"Tanya, use Bite again!" Zenith said.

"Geodude, use Magnitude!" the man countered.

"Geo!" Geodude punched the ground, and it split apart beneath Tanya, causing some moderate damage.

Tanya quickly leaped at Geodude and bit him as hard as she could, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Tanya, use Tackle!" Zenith ordered.

"Geodude, Rock Throw!" the man shouted.

Tanya charged at Geodude as he threw rocked at her, hitting her a few times. she then rammed into Geodude, knocking him back a couple of feet.

"Again!" Both trainers commanded.

Both pokemon then launched their respective attacks again, causing more damage.

"Tanya, charge in and use Bite!" Zenith said.

"Geodude, use Smack down!" the man ordered.

Tanya charged at Geodude as he reared a fist back. The Rattata lunged at Geodude and bit him hard, and Geodude punched her in the side. Tanya squeaked in pain, falling off of Geodude. Both pokemon were now at their limits.

"Use Tackle and end this, Tanya!" Zenith shouted.

"Use Rock throw, Geodude!" the man countered.

Geodude threw a barrage of rocks of Tanya, some of them hitting her, but she kept going toward Geodude. She then rammed into the rock/ground-type as hard as she could. Geodude cried out in pain, and fell to the ground, unmoving.

The man returned his Geodude and smiled. "You're really good for a rookie. You definitely have what it takes," he said.

Zenith smiled. "Thank you," she said. She returned Tanya to her Poke Ball and then walked out of the gym. She took a deep breath of the fresh air and smiled widely. "I did it!" she exclaimed happily.

Extra Battle for Calder for Friendship Evolution

Spoiler:
    Calder vs. Sandshrew
    Attacker: Azurill (Calder)
    Opponent's Point Value: 11
    Bonuses: 0
    Calder wins!

Calder vs. Geodude
    Attacker's Point Value: 4
    Opponent’s Remaining Points: 6

Tanya vs. Geodude
    Attacker: Rattata (Tanya)
    Attacker's Point Value: 10
    Tanya wins!
    ~ Zenith's GCEA Stats ~ | ~ Zenith's URPG Stats ~
    *Sig and avi art made by Sou Cleife!*

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Avalon View Post
    Zenith's Gym battle
    Hard Mode! (because I'm crazy, lol)

Zenith walked into the Pewter City Gym, looking around.

The gym was larger than it appeared on the outside, with a huge battlefield in the middle with bleachers on both sides for spectators to watch from. The battlefield itself was covered in rocks and boulders, making it clear what type of gym it was.

This is it... It's time to prove myself and show everyone what I can do, Zenith thought. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, slowly exhaling. Her heart was racing, and she could feel the adrenaline pumping through her system. Alright, it's do or die time! she thought, clenching one of her hands into a fist.

"Hey, if you want to battle Brock, you'll have to go through me first!" said a young male voice.

Zenith blinked and turned toward the speaker. A boy around ten or so stood near her, dressed in an orange shirt and brown cargo shorts. He wore a matching orange baseball cap on his head with the brim facing backward.

"My name is Josh, and I challenge you to a battle!" the boy said, pointing at Zenith.

Zenith smiled. "Sure, sounds fun!" she said, taking out one of her Poke Balls. "Freefall, let's do this!" she shouted, throwing the Poke Ball.

The Poke Ball opened, and Freefall appeared in a bright white light. He floated in the air near his trainer, watching Josh as he sent out his pokemon.

"Let's go, Sandshrew!" Josh shouted, throwing his own Poke Ball.

A Sandshrew appeared on the ground, looking over at Zenith and Freefall. He quickly got into a fighting stance.

"Freefall, use Wing Attack!" Zenith commanded.

"Use Defense Curl, Sandshrew!" Josh shouted.

Zenith gritted her teeth. She knew immediately that he had set himself up to perform an enhanced Rollout soon.

The Sandshrew curled up into a ball just as Freefall reached him and struck the ground-type rodent with one of his wings, lessening the damage from the attack.

"Stay in the air, Freefall!" Zenith said.

"Sandshrew, use Rollout and launch yourself into the air!" Josh commanded.

The Sandshrew started to roll and took off, heading straight for a rock. The Sandshrew struck the rock and went sailing through the air straight for Freefall.

"Dodge it!" Zenith ordered.

Luckily, Freefall managed to dodge the attack, and without being told, sent a Gust attack at the Sandshrew.

The Sandshrew cried out in pain from the attack, and hit the ground hard. It slowly rose to its feet, however, and glared up at Freefall.

That Gust attack did a good chunk of damage... if I can hit it with a Wing Attack, that should win this, Zenith thought. "Freefall, use Wing Attack again and end this!" she shouted.

Freefall rose into the air and then dove toward the Sandshrew, striking the rodent with one of his wings again.

The Sandshrew cried out in pain and fell to the ground, unmoving.

Josh's face fell as his Sandshrew was knocked out, but then smiled as he returned the creature to its Poke Ball. "Wow, you're really strong! You really trained your pokemon well! Good luck!" he said.

"Thanks, that was a fun battle," Zenith said.

Youngster Josh

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Sandshrew
    Freefall wins!

Zenith continued along through the gym with Freefall beside her.

"Hey, you!" shouted another young male voice. "You might have been able to beat Josh, but you won't beat me!"

Zenith stopped and turned toward the voice, but stared in surprise at the sight before her. What appeared to be a giant Marowak stood a few feet away from her. She quickly realized that it was just another boy dressed in a costume.

"I'm Tommy! I challenge you to a battle!" the boy said, pointing his fake bone club at Zenith.

"Alright, let's battle!" Zenith said. "Freefall, you up for another battle?"

"Pidgeo!" Freefall replied, nodding his head.

Tommy took out a Poke Ball and threw it in the air. "Let's do this, Cubone!"

A Cubone then appeared in a flash of white light. It narrowed its eyes at Freefall and swung its bone club.

Freefall, use Gust!" Zenith ordered.

"Cubone, use Bonemerang!" Tommy shouted.

Freefall sent a gust of wind at Cubone, which knocked the creature back a few feet, causing small scratches to appear on its body. He then quickly dodged the Bonemerang attack, and dove toward Cubone, striking him with a Wing Attack.

The Cubone cried out in pain, but slowly got back up.

"Cubone, charge in and use Bone Club!" Tommy said.

"Freefall, use Wing Attack again!" Zenith responded.

Freefall and Cubone charged at each other, and a cloud dust rose up as the attacks collided. Once the dust settled, Cubone was lying on the ground, clearly fainted.

Tommy returned his Cubone to his Poke Ball. "You really are strong. You just might be able to beat Brock."

"Thanks," Zenith said.

Hardhead Tommy

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Cubone
    Freefall wins!

Zenith kept going, and soon reached the back of the gym. Standing on the opposite side of the battlefield was a man in his early twenties with brown hair and dark tan skin.

"You must be one of the challengers scheduled for today," the man said. "I'm Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader."

"I'm Zenith Brunel," Zenith replied.

"Nice to meet you Zenith," Brock said. "Are you ready to begin?"

"Yes, I am," Zenith said.

"Great, then let's start!" Brock said. He then took a Poke Ball from his belt and threw it in the air. "Let's go, Geodude!"

A Geodude then appeared in a flash of white light, and it stared at Freefall intently, punching its open palm with a fist.

"Go for it, Freefall!" Zenith said, pointing at the Geodude.

"Geodude, use Defense Curl!"

"Freefall, use Sand Attack!"

Freefall landed on the ground and flapped his wings as hard as he could, launching a cloud of sand at Geodude.

Geodude grunted as sand got in its eyes, lowering his accuracy.

"Not bad. A good tactic for a rookie trainer," Brock said. "Geodude, use Rollout!"

"Freefall, get in the air!"

Freefall took off into the air just as Geodude began to roll toward him, missing him.

"Use Gust, Freefall!" Zenith commanded.

Freefall flapped his wings and sent a gust of wind at his opponent.

Geodude cried out in pain from the attack, making his Rollout stop.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" Brock ordered.

Geodude quickly grabbed a nearby rock and threw it at Freefall.

The speed of the attack caught Freefall and Zenith off guard, and Freefall was struck by the super-effective move.

"Freefall! Hang in there!" Zenith said. "Use Wing Attack!"

"Use Smack Down, Geodude!" Brock countered.

Freefall dove toward Geodude as Geodude reared back a fist in preparation for his attack. Freefall collided with Geodude, both of them landing their super-effective attacks. Both pokemon cried out in pain, and Freefall fell to the ground. Freefall slowly got up, breathing heavily.

"Use Wing Attack!" Zenith ordered.

Freefall quickly struck the Geodude with his wing, and the Geodude collapsed to the ground, unmoving.

Brock smiled as he returned his Geodude to its Poke Ball, placing it back on his belt. "Good job. But In still have one pokemon left. Go, Onix!" He took another Poke Ball from his belt and threw it in the air.

A Onix then appeared in a flash of light and roared at Zenith and Freefall.

Zenith turned to Freefall. "I know you're weak, Freefall, but can you keep going for a little bit?" she asked.

Freefall nodded in response and took to the air.

"Freefall, use Gust!" Zenith commanded.

"Onix, use Rock Tomb!" Brock countered.

Freefall launched a gust of wind at Onix while Onix smacked his tail into the ground and summoned several large boulders. The boulders flew toward Freefall and completely surrounded him. The Gust attack hit Onix, causing some damage. The rocks surrounding Freefall vanished, and he fell to the ground, unmoving.

Zenith returned Freefall to his Poke Ball and put it back on her belt. She then took out another Poke Ball. "It's up to you now, Qeb! Let's do this!" she said, tossing the Poke Ball into the air.

Qeb appeared in a flash of light and looked up at Onix, growling and scrapping a foot against the ground of the battlefield.

"Qeb, use Razor Leaf!" Zenith commanded.

Qeb then shot several razor-sharp leaves at Onix, chipping into its body, causing it to cry out in pain.

"Onix, use Rock Throw!" Brock yelled.

Onix smacked his tail into the ground, and some rocks flew toward Qeb, hitting him and causing some damage. Qeb stood straight and without warning, shot several small seeds at Onix. The seeds opened, and vines began to come out, wrapping around Onix. The vines then began to glow, and Onix cried out in pain, thrashing around in pain.

Zenith smiled. "Great job, Qeb!" she praised.

After several moments, Onix fell to the ground, unmoving.

Gym Leader Brock

Spoiler:
    Freefall vs. Geodude
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 8
    Freefall wins!

Freefall vs. Onix
    Attacker's Point Value: 8
    Opponent’s Remaining Points: 10
    Freefall faints!

Qeb vs. Onix
    Attacker: Ivysaur (Qeb)
    Bonuses: -7 (-2 evo. Bonus; -10 grass over rock/ground; -5 ground over poison)
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 17
    Qeb wins!

Brock returned Onix to his Poke Ball and clipped it onto his belt. "That was a great battle! You managed to break through my defenses perfectly! Congratulations on your win!"

Zenith smiled widely and looked down at Qeb. "We did it, Qeb! We did it!" she said, hugging him around his neck.

"Saur, saur!" Qeb said happily.

"Thank you for the battle, Brock," Zenith said. She waved goodbye and returned Qeb to his Poke Ball. She then headed toward the gym's exit. Before she could leave, however, a male's voice caught her attention.

"Hey there! I saw your battle with Brock!" said a man with a large camping pack on his back. "I was wondering if you were up for one more battle?"

Zenith smiled. "Sure, why not."

The man smiled. "Great! Then let's get started! Sandshrew, let's go!" he shouted, throwing a Poke Ball into the air.

A Sandshrew appeared and it stared intently at Zenith.

I should use some of my other pokemon. They need the experience," Zenith thought. She then smiled. "Calder, you're up!" she said, throwing his Poke Ball into the air.

Calder appeared out of the ball, and looked over at Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew, use Sand Attack!" the man ordered.

Calder and Sandshrew both launched their attacks, and Calder cried out as sand got in his eyes, and Sandshrew yelped in pain as well from the super-effective attack.

"Calder, use Slam!" Zenith shouted.

"Sandshrew, hit it with Poison Sting!" the man countered.

Calder charged at Sandshrew as Sandshrew reared back a fist, which began to glow purple. Calder leaped into the air and smacked into Sandshrew, and at the same time Sandshrew punched Calder in the stomach. Both pokemon cried out in pain and collapsed to the ground. Within moments, both pokemon stood up, breathing heavily.

"Stay strong, Calder, we're almost there!" Zenith said. "Use Bubble Beam again!"

"Sandshrew, use Rollout!" the man shouted.

Calder fired off a barrage of bubbles at Sandshew as Sandshrew curled into a ball and rolled toward Calder. Sandshrew managed to stay on course despite being hit by the Bubble Beam attack, and collided into Calder. Calder cried out in pain and fell to the ground, but stood up, and Sandshrew got up as well. Both pokemon were breathing heavily.

"Sandshrew, keep using Rollout!" the man shouted.

Calder fired a barrage of bubbles again, pelting Sandshrew as it rolled toward him. This time, however, Sandshrew was thrown off course and hit a rock. Sandshrew collapsed to the ground and stayed there.

The man returned his Sandshrew and smiled as he clipped the Poke Ball back onto his belt. "Alright, Geodude, you're up!" he said, taking another Poke Ball and throwing it.

A Geodude appeared and stared menacingly at Calder.

"Can you keep going, Calder?" Zenith asked.

"Azu!" Calder said, nodding his head.

"Alright, Bubble Beam!"

"Geodude, use Defense Curl, then Rollout!" the man ordered.

Calder fired another Bubble Beam attack as Geodude curled into a ball and then rolled toward Calder. Calder cried out in pain as Geodude hit him, falling to the ground, but picking himself up.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!"

"Calder, Bubble Beam again!"

Both pokemon fire their attacks and a cloud of dust rose in the air. Once the dust settled, Geodude remained standing, while Calder lay on the ground, unmoving.

Zenith returned Calder to his Poke Ball and put it back on her belt. She then took out another Poke Ball. "Tanya, you're up!" she said, throwing the ball.

Tanya appeared from her ball and got into a fighting stance. "Ratta!" she said.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" the man ordered.

"Tanya, use Bite!" Zenith retorted.

Geodude threw rocks at Tanya as she ran toward him, some of them hitting her. She continued on, however, and leaped onto Geodude, biting him.
    "Geodude, throw it off!" the man ordered.

"Geo!" Geodude then grabbed Tanya and threw her off.

"Tanya, use Bite again!" Zenith said.

"Geodude, use Magnitude!" the man countered.

"Geo!" Geodude punched the ground, and it split apart beneath Tanya, causing some moderate damage.

Tanya quickly leaped at Geodude and bit him as hard as she could, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Tanya, use Tackle!" Zenith ordered.

"Geodude, Rock Throw!" the man shouted.

Tanya charged at Geodude as he threw rocked at her, hitting her a few times. she then rammed into Geodude, knocking him back a couple of feet.

"Again!" Both trainers commanded.

Both pokemon then launched their respective attacks again, causing more damage.

"Tanya, charge in and use Bite!" Zenith said.

"Geodude, use Smack down!" the man ordered.

Tanya charged at Geodude as he reared a fist back. The Rattata lunged at Geodude and bit him hard, and Geodude punched her in the side. Tanya squeaked in pain, falling off of Geodude. Both pokemon were now at their limits.

"Use Tackle and end this, Tanya!" Zenith shouted.

"Use Rock throw, Geodude!" the man countered.

Geodude threw a barrage of rocks of Tanya, some of them hitting her, but she kept going toward Geodude. She then rammed into the rock/ground-type as hard as she could. Geodude cried out in pain, and fell to the ground, unmoving.

The man returned his Geodude and smiled. "You're really good for a rookie. You definitely have what it takes," he said.

Zenith smiled. "Thank you," she said. She returned Tanya to her Poke Ball and then walked out of the gym. She took a deep breath of the fresh air and smiled widely. "I did it!" she exclaimed happily.

Extra Battle for Calder for Friendship Evolution

Spoiler:
    Calder vs. Sandshrew
    Opponent's Point Value: 11
    Calder wins!

Calder vs. Geodude
    Attacker's Point Value: 4
    Opponent’s Remaining Points: 6

Tanya vs. Geodude
    Attacker: Rattata (Tanya)
    Attacker's Point Value: 10
    Tanya wins!
    Great job ! Approved!

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Hard Mode Activate (really want to make a bad joke here...)

Bonuses: -7 (Type and Evo

Bonuses: -8

Attacker: Charmeleon
    Bonuses: +8
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 2

Bonuses: -2
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 2

Opponent's Point Value: 2
    Attacker's Point Value: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Hard Mode Activate (really want to make a bad joke here...)

Bonuses: -7 (Type and Evo

Bonuses: -8

Attacker: Charmeleon
    Bonuses: +8
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 2

Opponent's Point Value: 2
    Attacker's Point Value: 2
    great job! Approved!

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

"I'm Brock! I'm Pewter's Gym Leader! I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why my Pokémon are all the Rock-type!"

"I'm Orion Aberforth from Ambrette Town and I challenge you to a battle," the Pokémon trainer said introducing himself.

"Fine then! Show me your best!" Brock replied.

VS Geodude

Spoiler:
    Attacker: Mankey [Praedux]
    Bonuses: -5 (Fighting vs. Rock)
    Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 6
    Link to stats: [link]

"Geodude is unable to battle. The round goes to the challenger," the referee declared.

"Come back [Praedux], you've done a great job!" Orion said as he withdrew his Mankey.

VS Onix

Spoiler:
    Attacker: Bulbasaur [Quean]
    Bonuses: -5 (Grass vs. Rock) (Grass vs. Ground) (Ground vs. Poison)

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle and the match goes to the challenger Orion Aberforth," said the referee.

"Thank you, [Quean]. I'm sorry it had to come to that. I failed you. We will become stronger," Orion confessed.

"I took you for granted. As proof of your victory, here's the BoulderBadge!"

"I'm most grateful. I still have a lot to learn though," Orion admitted.

"There are all kinds of trainers in the world! Some raise Pokémon for fights. Some see them as pets. I'm in training to become a Pokémon breeder. If you take your Pokémon training seriously, go visit the Gym in Cerulean and test your abilities!" Brock explained.
    Last edited by Aberforth; 04-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrkagias View Post
    "I'm Brock! I'm Pewter's Gym Leader! I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why my Pokémon are all the Rock-type!"

"I'm Orion Aberforth from Ambrette Town and I challenge you to a battle," the Pokémon trainer said introducing himself.

"Fine then! Show me your best!" Brock replied.

VS Geodude

Spoiler:
    Attacker: Mankey [Praedux]
    Bonuses: -5 (Fighting vs. Rock)

"Geodude is unable to battle. The round goes to the challenger," the referee declared.

"Come back [Praedux], you've done a great job!" Orion said as he withdrew his Mankey.

VS Onix

Spoiler:
    Attacker: Bulbasaur [Quean]
    Bonuses: -5 (Grass vs. Rock) (Grass vs. Ground) (Ground vs. Poison)

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle and the match goes to the challenger Orion Aberforth," said the referee.

"Thank you, [Quean]. I'm sorry it had to come to that. I failed you. We will become stronger," Orion confessed.

"I took you for granted. As proof of your victory, here's the BoulderBadge!"

"I'm most grateful. I still have a lot to learn though," Orion admitted.

"There are all kinds of trainers in the world! Some raise Pokémon for fights. Some see them as pets. I'm in training to become a Pokémon breeder. If you take your Pokémon training seriously, go visit the Gym in Cerulean and test your abilities!" Brock explained.
    First post in GCEA and its beating the gym..lol

Good work battle won.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic