Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Alphys, these look like REAL animals from the human history books!!! I LOVE YOUR PASSION. But I found some stray pixels...

All you have to do is BELIEVE, Alphys! Make sure your outline colours are DARKER! Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb.

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm really ashamed I didn't see these comments earlier earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Undyne View Post
    Alphys, these look like REAL animals from the human history books!!! I LOVE YOUR PASSION. But I found some stray pixels...

All you have to do is BELIEVE, Alphys! Make sure your outline colours are DARKER! Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb.
    Aw thanks Undyne! Yeah outlines are always going to be the death of me. I'll get better though! Hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I really like your fusions, Noble! c:

Mawleye freaks me out, though. XD I still think Zoromin would have to be one of my favourites, though. I just really love the colouring and the flowers you added to it!
    Zoromin was so much fun to make. I think some of my best ones come out of me just messing around. Mawleye looks great though in my opinion. I actually took its smile from Sableye's shuffle picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Oh, I didn't see the Noctowl earlier! Nice splicing there. Really liking the Mawile-Sableye fusion's eye, hahah
    Aww thanks. I thought the Noctowl looked a bit rough but it's a mix of moltres, ponyta, and magmortar if I remember correctly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my latest creation anyway! I recently discovered the gradient tool in photoshop while trying to make rainbow text. Long story short, I decided to play around with it and created a rainbow shaymin!

It's not the most professional looking but it's so adorable that I really don't care.

Also in my boredom I thought of making a pokeball shaymin! The first draft came out a bit weird and I quickly realized why. The sprite for a pokeball on bulbapedia is orange rather than red. I went ahead with it anyway after I realized the issue so here's that shaymin. Working on another one now that has proper colors.

EDIT: And here's the new pokeball one

Last edited by Noblejanobii; 06-07-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    That first pokeball Shaymin is SO CUTE, even doesn't look that much like a pokeball!! It looks kind of summery, like its grass yellowed in the heat!

The second one looks a lot more like a pokeball. The only criticism I can make is that its fur looks a little flat where the dots have been removed - maybe you could add some of the original orange as highlights? The tips of the spikes would probably look best c:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
    That first pokeball Shaymin is SO CUTE, even doesn't look that much like a pokeball!! It looks kind of summery, like its grass yellowed in the heat!

The second one looks a lot more like a pokeball. The only criticism I can make is that its fur looks a little flat where the dots have been removed - maybe you could add some of the original orange as highlights? The tips of the spikes would probably look best c:
    Oh the dots haven't been removed. They just don't stick out as much due to their color being closer to the hedge color.

Also, because I was bored, I did a rainbow axew too. Might animate it later if it isn't too difficult.

EDIT: Here's the animated one. The rainbow doesn't move with it but I think the fact that it doesn't looks awesome.

In addition, here's a ninetales with a marshtomp color scheme.

I added the fin coloring for ninetales's headtuff just because I thought it would look cooler.

EDIT 2: Probably last one of the day. Venomoth Mothim fusion. Also baby Mothim because so cute.

Last edited by Noblejanobii; 06-08-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

Quick question: what program are you using for GIF animations? GraphicsGale doesn't like interlaced GIFs and pretty much ****s them up when you open one in GG. And sadly, every animated BW sprite I've found is an interlaced GIF for whatever reason...probably so that it loads faster on a page.

I'm personally not a big fan of using NPA (non-pixel art) tools on pixel art, but I do like how the animated Axew's gradient remains constant and doesn't actually move with it.

As for the Shaymin recolors: the first one is honestly fine, but you've got some really weird stuff going on with the second one.

Hue-shifting is also a good technique to try out, because as of now the red Shaymin looks kinda flat. Very true that the Pokeball icon is actually more of an orange; its use of hue-shifting makes it seem more red, though. Check this out:

It looks more natural if you use more hues to portray one color. If you use the same exact hue, saturation, and everything it makes it look flat. This is especially apparent with warmer colors. In that example, the saturation goes down as well.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm using Photoshop CS5 for the gifs. It's the only program I know how to make gifs on.

Ah yeah I made that dark because i wanted the flower to represent like the button of the pokeball, so I gave it the same style of outline.

Thanks for the tips though, I'll definitely try those out in the future.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Cactifly!

I thought this would be a great idea for a fusion! It was not and looks rather creepy in my opinion.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You did a good job of fusing them together, though!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You did a good job of fusing them together, though!
    Thanks Neo! If you ever want me to fuse something for you just let me know.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Cyndaquil Accelgor fusion...ish. More of a partial recolor with Accelgor's scarf tails.
    / / / / / / / /