Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I am so sorry if that sounded unclear as ****
    Nah, you're fine, I got what you're saying.

I was thinking it would definitely be a few judges per competition. Having the one that best represents each section is possible, but they still have to give up the chance to take part in it themselves. We do award judge points in light of this, because giving that up means lost opportunity to take part in it yourself, and judges need some kind of reward for their work.

3 people as a minimum sounds fine. I also think this would be easier to run if we only have a few sections going on at a time rather than everything all at once. I would say three or four sections at a time would make it reasonable. One could be battling (URPG, Showdown), one could be creative (art, writing), and the last would probably be misc (humor, debate). RP judging could be done during the whole thing, or the judging period would only be for certain weeks, but the RP would keep going on for storyline's sake.

I think this would also push more people to participate. If you didn't have time to take part in drawn art because you were too busy with graphic art or creative writing, well, now you can because not everything is happening all at once. Judging would also be more balanced with multiple people doing it. I would also try to keep judging simple without too many crazy and hard to understand rubrics.

I still think we should try doing it in the winter and summer, same year. As a WAR Leader, they're not that hard to organize, really, and the boosted activity really helps. Otherwise, we don't really have any events to look forward to from now until summer 2016, and that's a long ways off. So let's try it in winter. We can do it.

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

I feel like at least to make sure there's no complications there should e at least one main judge per event, but another judge that would discuss their own thoughts on it. Another way I should explain it is a judge should have a set amount of events to judge, while also having a certain number to oversee. It's just one way I think. While there might not be complaints to events really, but it's just thoughts I had.

I do feel like the Olympics time based events sound great! Of course it would just need work over time with what the best way to run it would be, but it'll just take some time.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment. I remember, vaguely, this year's WAR had trouble getting enough judges to judge all of the sections. And the was with ONE judge per area. If we go with a panel of judges per section, will we be able to get enough people to do it? We may come to the point where we might not have a choice how skilled in the section the judges are as long as we can get them.

VPP