Senior Moderator

Serial fanfiction

How would I go about contributing a serial fanfiction to the site? I've had a few ideas for one as of late, and am curious as to how to go about it.

What do you mean by "serial" fanfiction? I've never heard the term before and all Google is turning up is FF.Net fics about serial killers. XD I might be able to suggest something if you can explain.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

LOL WINTER! XD

I think what EmeraldSky means is a fan fiction written by many people, like a series of posts by different people but of the same story...sorta like a roleplay I guess, but different?

~SF.

Senior Moderator

Actually,what I meant was a story written in the style of the old-timey movie serials--the chapter would stop at the best part, and you have to wait a week to learn what happened next

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Actually,what I meant was a story written in the style of the old-timey movie serials--the chapter would stop at the best part, and you have to wait a week to learn what happened next
    You do so by replying to your topic. Post a new chapter in the same thread each week. Typically the average fan fiction is lengthy, and does span across many chapters, so it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    LOL WINTER! XD

I think what EmeraldSky means is a fan fiction written by many people, like a series of posts by different people but of the same story...sorta like a roleplay I guess, but different?

~SF.
    Didn't we actually have something kinda like that on PE2K? Interactive Adventure or something?

ANYWAY, yeah, what you're talking about sounds similar to chaptered fanfiction. I would do what Teddiursa said and simply add another post to your thread.

Senior Moderator

I haven't exactly started a thread yet,it's still in the planning stages

Yes, but you have to have a thread at some point if you'e posting it on the site, don't you? Unless there's something I'm totallyy missing, I was pretty sure that was what you were asking.

Senior Moderator

Oh, I plan to post it in a thread as soon as I'm done planning

Well, now you know how to post multiple chapters. Just reply to your first one. Hope that helped! :D

- Knowing is half the battle.