Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    She'd likely see his one visible eye flicker in surprise when she punched him, before followed by a sharp exhale when he was viciously winded. He skidded through the undergrowth, breaking more tree branches and coming to a stop in a clump of bushes. He groaned, then he stood up, facing away from her. He gave quick glance to each side, before realizing she was behind him. His arms were outstretched, fingers splayed.

"Don't hit me like that!" He half-shouted, half-pleaded. "I need help, okay? I'm just asking around."
    Last edited by Jacket; 01-31-2016 at 02:30 AM.
    VISUAL SHOCK! SPEED SHOCK! SOUND SHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Leifang folded her arms, a look of indifference painted on her face. "I'll hit you how and as much as I please! No criminal -- and a foreigner at that -- has any stock in giving me commands! Now", her expression loosened only slightly as she stepped towards her new punching bag, "tell me what you came to steal, and maybe I'll care enough to ask what you need 'help' with." The teen Omashite didn't give this foreigner's "help" bit much weight. Still, she was curious, and decided that she would ask whether she had to pummel him or not, though he wouldn't know this.

"I'm waiting, thief. Ten seconds, or I continue my martial training...on you."

"Hey! Okay." He put his hands up in a bit of a surrender. "I'm looking for... the dragon mirrors. I'm not stealing a thing, unless you have them. I need to help my homeland. We're in trouble." He said in a pleading tone, his one eye going wide and shiny. "I have no direction. And I need..." He got down on his knees, hands clasped together. He scooted up to her, giving her a large puppy dog stare. "A miracle!" He raised his hands over his head a moment later.

"Don't hit me again!"

The...Dragon Mirrors? That rang a bell in Leifang's head, but slightly. She remembered the Metal Hermit telling her stories of powerful artefacts that men would kill for. Objects that the gods scattered across Longzaru, hiding them from its people. Or so it is said, anyway. Leifang didn't care much, since these stories didn't involve her punching anything or anyone. But today was looking up -- she was given a living, breathing punching bag! "I'll give you direction. Back from whence you came!"

"Wait!"

Leifang's fist stopped mid-throw, before turning to see who gave her a command. It was none other than her sifu, the Metal Hermit. Creator of the Bronze God Body technique! "Um...sifu!" she began, a bit surprised. "I-I was just apprehending this filth for banditry!"

The Metal Hermit sighed. He stroked his long, grey beard before slowly striding towards the two youths. "No, my child. A fool he is surely, but a bandit he is not." His eyes were closed, and he kept one hand behind his back. "You", this time addressing the thief in need of a 'miracle', "why do you speak so casually of the Dragon Mirrors? Why do you seek them?" Leifang wanted to protest, but she respected the Hermit, and would not speak out or over him when he is addressing someone else.

When she reeled back to hit him again, his hand actually went and curled around the grip of his sword, seconds away from being drawn - when the teacher called out, he jerked his arm and sloppily slid the blade back to its housing. He got back to his feet when the old man approached, clasping his hands together and going for that 'cute' look again, widening his eye.

"I come from lands far to the east," He explained, looking over at the hermit. "There've been whispers of evil in the air. There have been rumours that a cult along Longzaru has wanted to grant an evil god from my own homeland more power. They plot to block out the sun, and destroy my people. But it's not just my homeland, it's all of Longzaru." He gesticulated around him, curling in his fingers into resemble claws, sweeping his hand through the air to create the motions of flowing air currents.

All of a sudden, his excitable, casual air was gone. He cast his gaze downward, crestfallen. His arms hung limply at his sides.

"Nobody will believe a bandit. And I only have a bandit's way of getting things done."

The Metal Hermit resumed stroking his beard. "You said you hail from eastern lands?" His interest was piqued now. Eastern lands with nations who lived in deserts -- on the sand's surface and even below it. Great merchants who travelled in caravans full of goods and wares to be exchanged for the right price. But as far as the Hermit knew, "The Martial Way has no grasp in the east." He finished his own thought before continuing. "And what assurance do I have that you aren't a member of this cult playing pretend with me? The Dragon Mirrors were hidden for a reason, stranger. Perhaps I was a bit excessive in my clash with you earlier. I seem to have knocked loose your sense of...well, sense. See a physician."

Before the Hermit disappeared with a silent Leifang, he looked over his shoulder at the bandit. "You say that you only have a bandit's way of getting things done. Perhaps you might find a different experience in the Martial Way. Seek a teacher, and turn over a new leaf. Then, abandon your delusions regarding the Dragon Mirrors."

His eye wavered left and right in thought as the hermit spoke, listening intently. His quiet, sad air didn't disappear as he took in the words. He seemed to know that they were judging him - many people not from the east knew only merchants and sand from his own homeland.

"Can you teach me then?" He called out to the shack, cupping a hand around his mouth to amplify his voice through the hermit's humble walls.

Of course, Leifang was the first to open her mouth, taking advantage of this prime opportunity to tease the fool who dared ask to become a novice Ironstrider. She nearly phased through the walls of the Hermit's home, rushing out to yammer at the stranger so quickly. "And why would my sifu teach you? You're not only a thief, and a cur, you're also not even from Omashu or anywhere on the Blessed Continent. You know not our ways, and you're not even on the right side. You want the Dragon-thingies so you can steal from everyone without incident!" These sentences would come out in a rapid-fire fashion. It would take the stranger a little while to get his wits about him and reply. The Hermit was indeed listening, but remained in his abode, sitting in the lotus position sipping his herbal tea, while the conversation between the teens continued.

As she spoke, the youngster was undoing his shabby coat, removing it. Calmly, he turned it inside-out, showing that the inner lining of his overcoat was rather dark. He also pulled his head-scarf down and tied it around his waist, making his long coat look more like a gi. His shaggy hair fell over both of his eyes, though, obscuring them both.

"I was asking your sifu, miss." He said in an overly-curt tone. He was undoing the sash that held his swords to his side next.

Leifang grit(ed) her teeth, glaring at the stranger before her master re-emerged from his home. He sat down, lotus style, and sipped his tea, his eyes half-closed. He sipped it thoughtfully, savouring the goodness before letting it slide down his throat. "Why should I teach a foreigner who is not only in an...unsavoury line of work, but also has no concept of the Martial Way?"