Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "It's my resolve to save the lands." He straightened up, puffing up his chest with pride. "I may not know the Martial Way, and I'm not from around here, and I'm nobody important. But sometimes, we all have to do the right thing, right? You're right, maybe the Martial Way can help." He tried, before his posture sank, and he folded his hands humbly.

"If you won't help me, I'll just move on. I'm used to it." He said, turning to go.
    VISUAL SHOCK! SPEED SHOCK! SOUND SHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

"It's not like we're going to stop you! Go!" Leifang...AGAIN. Her sifu, however, finished his tea, and made a loud "hmm" sound before the stranger began walking away.

"Wait", he commanded. "Join me in a short match." The Hermit stood up slowly. "Leifang, you will be the overseer. Consider this today's lesson." Taking his iconic fighting stance, the Metal Hermit, for the first time in 20 years, would have a proper bout. "Come, child."

Rolling her eyes and scoffing, Leifang stepped a few feet away from the Hermit. This...this cur? "En garde. Get ready. Engage!"

The boy turned toward them when he was adressed, and when he saw the Metal Hermit take his stance, he perked up slightly in surprise. "Thank you," He nodded, before sliding into a stance of his own. He brought his body somewhat lower, sweeping one leg in a semi-circle and fencing it behind him. While it was obvious the foriegner did not know The Way, he seemed to know something.

"Ze gahvāre tā gur dāneš bejuy," He drew one of his arms up, speaking the language of the desert, which sounded fluid, yet harsh. He jumped forward, halving the distance between him and the sifu in a single hop. With another, he ducked low and swept his leg along the hermit's ankles.

"Ah. Don't thank me just yet, my child. I am undecided as far as taking you on as a pupil is concerned. Now...we begin!" The Metal Hermit's upper body defined itself as it developed strong and prominent muscles. Pectorals, abdominals, biceps, triceps. He looked like a whole new man!

The old man was half-surprised when the bandit made his move. Whatever technique he used to close the distance in a single motion was called in...wherever he was from, the Metal Hermit knew it was a variation of the Swiftwind Step. Not exactly impressive, but he'll get note for effort. He didn't dare get lost in his thoughts, since the bandit was now upon him and attempted a low sweep. Ah. Typical. He let the bandit's leg connect with his own, a smirk appearing on his face after he did this. "Tsk." With the boy now within reach, the Metal Hermit delivered a swift punch to his stomach. Being aware of how hard he hit before, it would be no surprise when the bandit found himself skidding to a halt some yards away.

It seemed after the first couple hits, the stranger was ready for this one. He took the blow head-on, but skidded on his feet, kicking up clouds of dust as he slid backward toward a tree.

At the last second, he kicked off the tree trunk and something in the air seemed to shift. He left a small crater of splintered wood in the bark of the tree where the pad of his foot connected with it.

"Māsero neshān bedeh!" He jumped forward with even more momentum than before - matching the speed the metal hermit had sent him sailing backward - this time taking a flying kick. It would connect with the sifu's torso with a great amount of force; the same amount he had used to hit the boy.

Not so fast, boy. The Metal Hermit was ready for him. He expected the boy to reverse the momentum and use it in his favour. But his leg would do no damage, because... "Ironstrider Style: Bronze God Body!" The point of impact for the boy's foot would turn to bronze, and then expand all over the Hermit's body. This was the famous Body of the Bronze God technique, one of three brothers who were part of the Metal Clan, a sect of artists who commanded various metals and even the element of Earth. "I was hoping to avoid using this technique so early. But alas. I wasn't going to be able to brace that kick without the Bronze Body at my age! Heh. Earth Art: Tears of the Mountains!" With a deliberate slam on the ground in front of the boy with a balled fist, the Metal Hermit would jump back some feet after a few seconds. Then, bits of rock would fall from the pillars above the two as if they were drops of rain.

He landed on his back, arms and legs curled in slightly, like a dead insect. He crossed his arms in front of him, as if his gangly limbs would sheild him from the falling stones.

"Ahura!" He called out, shutting his eyes.
    Something happened - from the boy's shoulder, a glowing, transparent shaft of light snaked out. It reached far, grabbing one of the boy's swords and with a hiss, slid it out of its housing. With a silvered flash, the sword danced through the air, slicing the rocks in half with little effort. Even the bandit seemed to be surprised at the turn of events, frozen, eyes shut, bracing himself.

Leifang's eyes widened, her jaw nearly introducing itself to the floor. Why hasn't he taught me that technique yet, she demanded internally. She thought the Metal Hermit had the boy on the ropes with that last attack, but the stranger from the east had a few noteworthy abilities of his own. What the--what style is that?

The incorporeal snake that saved the bandit surprised the Hermit as well, though he was more curious about this ability than in fear of it. Once the rocky rain ceased, he scratched his head in a slight stupor mixed with curiosity. Like a child seeing a strange animal for the first time. "What was that, bandit? A new art? Did you cultivate your spirit into your sword? I'll admit, I'm impressed. I didn't think you had any concept of the Way. Even Leifang hasn't reached the cultivation stage yet." That remark earned the Hermit a death glare from his female pupil. "Oh. Sorry Leifang." So, the lands to the east have something to offer. I see. It's been ages since I've had a worthy opponent!

The sword dropped to the crowd with a light clatter, the tendrils of light disappearing as soon as they came. The boy's eyes opened when he was addressed, and he sat up quickly.

"It's not the Way," He reached to his torso, ruffling his own clothes, sounding a little distressed. He reached down and grabbed the handle of his sword. He kept his eyes on the sifu. "Uh-uhm," He nervously stumbled to to the sheath for his sword, then sheathed it - though it took the boy two tries. "Are we still sparring?"

The Metal Hermit arched an eyebrow, then stroked his beard for a few moments. "Then if it is not the Way, what is it? Chi? Even the greatest of cultivators and artists only had but so many Chi techniques, and I've not seen a technique like that in all my years as a student of the Arts. Perhaps an illusion from your sand-kin?"

"It's probably one of his thief techniques, sifu." Leifang spat. "Oh well, I guess that means we have to get rid of him. I'll do the honours!"

"Wait, Leifang!" Her sifu ordered, making her stop so fast there was a slight lurch in her feet. "The fight is not over. This match will continue! Metal Art: Iron Flurry!" With a deep inhale, a few seconds of holding, and a dramatic exhale, the Metal Hermit's mouth produced hundreds of tiny iron pellets, all headed for the confused sand-dweller.