Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Legend of the Dragon Mirrors (IC) (Private)

Open wide the door of heaven!
    On a black cloud I ride in splendour,
    Bidding the whirlwind drive before me,
    Causing the rainstorm to lay the dust.

- Ch'u Yuan, c. 200 BCE

Hu Chao moutains were one of the most famous places in Longzaru to travel through. Many towering pillars made of quartz sandstones climbed high into the sky, looming over the lush wet forests below. Pathways wove through the pillars, worn down by many travelers wanting to see the white pillars before moving onward through Longzaru. An occasional pond or creek broke up the undergrowth and pathways winding through the woods.

There was an uneasiness in the air, as many provinces in Longzaru were poised to go to war. There seemed to be something else that was wrong, rumours of dark powers that originated from desert lands to the east, where not a single tree could be found. But in a place like Hu Chao, one could forget their troubles for a while.

A man strode through the trees, stopping occsaionally to admire the quartz pillars or to peer into a creek. He was tall, but lean and a little on the thin side, wearing many layers of patterned robes that were bronze and cream in colour. He also wore a particularily eye-catching scarf around his head, bright blue and gold, with a large patch of his hair sticking out of the back of the makeshift turban like a horse's mane. The head wrap also came down over one eye, covering a part of his rather fox-like face. Though relaxed, there was an air of mischeif in his one visible eye, grinning open-mouthed and toothy over a chin covered in playful stubble. Less mischevious, at his side, were a pair of rather long, gently curved s-shaped swords.
    Last edited by Jacket; 01-26-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK! SPEED SHOCK! SOUND SHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Omashu, a humble kingdom -- neither too powerful, nor easily bested in conquest -- was one of these provinces with higher-than-average military readiness. The people were so used to seeing soldiers patrolling their streets, the wonder of imminent conflict with the other provinces or kingdoms became a question of when rather than if. It's lovely architecture and culture granted it the favour (and currencies) of many tourists every year, and that amount nearly tripled during its Lotus Fair. Omashu had potential, but too many things held it back from becoming a great hegemony like the Imperial Dynasty of Wu -- the governing kingdom in the Northern Province.

Some blame the lax attitude toward criminals, and think the soldiers spend too much time snatching thieves instead of expanding Omashu's borders. Its theocratic conservative culture also doesn't help, and Priestess Oma will have no "heresy" within her borders during her reign. However, even the Great Priestess couldn't be everywhere at once, which meant that on this day, little Leifang would be able to slip past the border patrol easily and leave Omashu, getting up to her usual mischief. Her usual activity? Meeting with the Metal Hermit, and sharpening her skills before heading towards Hu Chao.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 01-29-2016 at 05:39 PM.

It would not be a normal day for Leifang if what she saw was indeed true.

In the distance, she could see the white pillars of Hu Chao, the tiger's claws reaching toward the sky. It wouldn't be the only think in the sky today, though. It was difficult to miss the oddity. With a yell, a person-shaped blob sailed through the sky, body outstretched like a cat or a weasel. The screaming continued before the figure crashed down into the trees. If were any other day, the little fighter could just move onward and forget such a thing happened. Yet, the... thing arced high over where Metal Hermit lived.
    Last edited by Jacket; 01-29-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Leifang stopped for a split second, confused and curious. As far as she knew, the Metal Hermit would only train her. Hell, she was probably the only one who knew he existed! But then, why was a flying...thing, hovering near where her sifu lived? Well, she would find out as her stride resumed and gained in speed. Faster, faster, until she broke out into a sprint. She hadn't fully mastered the Swiftwind Step technique nor the Footwood variant that would allow her to traverse large measures of distance using the trees, much like the legendary Tengu who are said to have warred with Omashu long ago. Hopefully, whoever it was hanging around her teacher's home wasn't a bandit, though she knew he wouldn't have too much trouble dealing with a common ruffian, despite his age.

After hearing tree branches shatter on impact, she'd hear him hit the ground a short distance away from her sifu's home. At least it sounded like the Metal Hermit wasn't in any real danger. Before the front of her sifu's humble home, she'd see a rather rowdy-looking tramp lying face down in the dirt. He didn't look much older than she, so if need be, combat would likely be swift and in her favor.

Leifang arrived just in time to see the Metal hermit's home was rather unmolested, but that there was some sort of vagabond sprawled out flatly, kissing the earth. Oh! Of course! It was a trap. The hermit would leave his abode to find an unresponsive person lying on his property, and when he tried to aid the stranger -- BOOM! He'd be attacked and robbed! Now, she thought, was the time to strike!

"Hidden Art: Cuffs of Binding!" she cried, as her hands became encased with steel after she smashed them into the ground. Moments later, the steel cases would fly towards the stranger and bind his hands. Only a truly skilled artist would be able to break free, and even then, Leifang was already upon him. Rather than chime in with something cheesy like "Don't move, criminal or I'll end you!", she chose to wait silently. She crouched behind some rocks, expecting the kid to be dazed after his trap was found out.

It seemed that the ruffian was dazed as he was detained rather easily, arms shackled at the small of his back. He was covered in leaves and dirt from his incredible fall, surrounded by a few broken branches and stones. "Ow." He drew his foal-like legs up under him, then arched his back, and wormed his way to a sitting up position. "Old man... hits like a bear... " He attempted to look around, the scarf about his head having come a little loose and fallen around both of his eyes. He shook his shaggy head in an attempt to dislodge the cloth that obscured his vision. He then raised his voice. "Oh yeah, old man?! I didn't want to enter your place anyway! It looks like a dump!"

He sat there, waiting for a reply. When didn't receive one, he rolled back on his behind.

"Alright," He called out, before letting out a winded cough. "I heard you call out, where are you? Can you undo these?" After shouting, he drew his mouth in a straight line.
    Last edited by Jacket; 01-30-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Leifang emerged slowly from her hiding spot, her small frame inching towards the criminal. "Get that stupid look off your face!" she spat. Before ranting, her memory reminded her that this fellow said something about the Metal Hermit hitting like a bear. "And you attacked my Sifu! Then you insult his dojo!" The guy didn't look like an Omashite, or even like anyone from the Blessed Continent. Lerifang had heard stories of the Far Lands, where great nations of sand merchants lived, selling their wares and generally living in peace. But was this guy from the Far Lands? Were they even real?

"I will undo the restraints", she said flatly. With an odd hand sign, the metal cuffs melted into a liquid and seeped into the earth, where it would be absorbed by the terrain and rejoin the earth's foundation. "Where I will send you, no restraints will be needed. You'll get a ten second head start, criminal."

He gingerly rubbed his wrists, before reaching up and re-tying his head scarf, listening to her words. After her threat, he shot up to a standing position. Though he seemed young, he was rather tall and awkward looking, with spidery limbs.

"Criminal!" He spat in a scandalized tone, one of his hands gingerly going to his chest, pressing against it. "I didn't attack anybody, I was simply asking harmless questions! I perhaps, got a little too hands-on, when your sifu punched me." His Longzarian dialect was a little shaky, tainted with a strange accent that accentuated his vowels. He didn't seem to know what sifu meant either, pronouncing it 'shee-foo'.

"I am a simple traveler looking for fortune, nothing more!" He waggled a finger in her face.

What was this guy's deal? All Leifang wanted to do was spend time with her sifu. She was starting to worry that he might be in danger since he'd show up by now. Two screaming youths outside of his house? That's enough to wake anyone up! So, Leifang was somewhat correct. The Far Lands could be real or fake, but this fool was definitely not from the neighbourhood! He pretty much confirmed his status as 'criminal' once he said he was a simple traveller looking for fortune. That's what bandits do! They travel from forest to forest, setting up traps, and setting upon unsuspecting travellers. If he was, in fact, a peaceful traveller, he'd know how to pronounce sifu properly, since the Martial Way was pretty well-known all over Longzaru, at least on the Blessed Continent.

This is going to be the best practice I've had in a long time! Wasting no time and ignoring the patronising finger the bandit waged in her face, Leifang's fists curled and began shaking. "Ironstrider Style: Twin Piston Punch!" Both her fists would introduce themselves to the criminal's stomach, knocking the wind out of him and sending him back a few yards, knocking over several trees before he slid to a halt on the unforgiving forest gound.