Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Oh please, people, let's not start fighting amongst ourselves, now!" I shouted to the rest of them.

It's just what those daft humans would want. If they saw this little squabble, they'd be jittering with glee.

I would have liked to get this discussion back on a civil track... before I had to heal everyone because everyone was beating each other up.

"Listen, we're all friends here, right?" I asked the group, but continuing before anyone answered anything. "I thought so. With that in mind, let's figure out who the real enemies are. Blocker is a real enemy. Those superhumans are the real enemy. And anyone who wants us all dead is obviously a real enemy. That's it! Not each other. Hey, what Araxie did is stuff I do all the time. Humans may be stupid creatures, but by golly, they sure are stupid in an interesting way! So of course I mingle with them to learn more about what these silly creatures are up to."

Except I usually did it as a squirrel, mouse, or a bird, but that was besides the point.

"Now then, I don't think the humans will listen to reason," I tried to convince the others. "After all, they were the ones who first declared war on us! They're the aggressors here, and we're simply out to defend ourselves! Now then, I'd like to make them learn it was a really bad idea to pick a fight with us and steal the magic powers only we were supposed to have. Good idea, huh?"

Of course it was a good idea.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Jude Audrey, and Adrian Black
    Writer Mage, Fate Mage, and the Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Jude sat silently as the brutes argued over bloodshed. When Rowan made his announcement, and then Tyler soon after, nobody seemed to notice or care, so the Fate Mage calmly stood up. His lips curled back into a snarl and he shouted above everywhere, "EVERYONE QUIET!" Jude waited for his requested silence patiently, which he received quickly. Jude looked over everyone and said, "A common war strategy is to turn allies against each other, and that is exactly what is happening here, is it not? I'll be honest when I'm saying everyone's thought processes of sacrifice and blood is quite barbaric. What are we? The Mongols? We are far more advanced and civilized than the humans are. Why are we lowering ourselves to the level of their ancestors? While I cannot risk disclosing much of the future to you all, I will say then, giving s sacrifice to the humans does not end well. We should avoid such a proposition at all costs. Instead, we should consider the Life Mage's proposition instead. I believe our best bet is to take on and take out the superhumans as well as the facilities that produce them in order to eliminate any threat to us."

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"Why, hello there! Name's Marx. That was some nice work you did there."

Elisabeth turned her head in interest as a masculine voice spoke to her. Who could possibly wish to speak with her? It was not the CEO or the earth superhuman. This voice was not either of theirs. It was a new, fresh voice that had never grazed her ears before. Elisabeth scanned the man, who called himself Marx, over. He was fairly dull looking, in her honest opinion, but then again, everyone did. However, his eyes seemed to hold a fire in them. They did say the eyes were the doorway to the soul. Mayhaps this man was a wielder of fire as she was a controller of blood? Elisabeth tucked her left leg behind her right leg and curtsied to Marx.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Marx. I am Elisabeth Scarlet, address me as you wish. I appreciate your compliment. I only recently received my abilities and have been practicing every chance I have received. Though it is possibly unwise to admit, this was the first time I used my abilities on a human, prior to this occasion I only practiced on insignificant creatures."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Mage Meeting, Egyptian Pyramids

At Jude's shout and speech Rowan sat down in a huff, still giving Adrian an evil eye. After a moment he calmed himself and looked over at Araxie, giving her a friendly smile. He tossed the space mage's note on to the table in case anyone else felt like reading the exact wording. "Do we know where any of the superhumans or where they're made are? Mingling most likely won't work, as there's a good chance the blocker has described us all to them by now."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    UN Headquarters

"I shall call you Liz. And not a worry, I attained my powers only recently as well." Twirling his finger, Marx created a flaming halo, which floated brightly over his own head. Out of the corner of his eye, Marx could see a few UN members watching them and whispering to each other. "Those scientists gave power over the flame. It's quite fun really, there's no feeling quite like being able to burn the things you hate into ashes."

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture
    Writing Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"I-If I may suggest something?" Araxie moved back to her seat and wiped her eyes. She looked around then said, "I know the Blocker recognized me on sight but, to be perfectly fair, I interacted with him a lot since we usually passed one another in New York as well as other places. Is it possible that he does not know at least one of us? Surely we have not introduced him to everybody just yet. If this is true, then we may have some element of surprise. It is also possible that they lack sufficient superhuman forces yet. Space said that they wished to create more before they officially challenged us. That suggests they do not have many right? Would they not all be kept in the same facility then?"

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

Elisabeth's eye twitched at the nicknamed but she thought it less of her to voice her complaints. At this moment in time, it appeared befriending this Marx character might be the best decision. They could both easily kill each other with their newfound powers and Elisabeth had no intention of such a thing occurring until she had tried herself against a Mage.

"Your power is much more destructive and arguably more useful than my own. Perhaps a combination of our abilities would be best suited in battle. I think it would be wise for my boss to collaborate with yours in the future."
    / / / / / / / /

A note landed on Araxie's lap, "blood, fire and one other, so far. The man representing the blocker claimed to be the CEO of Star Masses Health Co. that might be a start."

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

You had to love Jude.

"It's a good thing superhumans aren't too many in number," I told the rest of the crew. "Or at least not yet, but if we don't do anything about this mess very soon, there will be more of them crawling about thinking they can rule the world. So obviously, we need to find out where this facility is, destroy all of the research, and make sure no more of these freaks are created. Once we're sure they can't make more, then we go about wiping out the few that currently exist."

Now... how to do that without coming on too obvious.

"We need a double agent," I purposed. "One of us who can get in on the inside and act like a human that's interested in seeking out superhuman powers, or find someone already on the inside who we can bribe for their help. Only then are we going to be able to find this place."

If the research was destroyed and the creation of superhumans was no longer possible, humans would know their place. Heck, if it weren't for us, they never would have had those powers to begin with. To me, they were trying to steal what was rightfully ours, and they had absolutely no right to do that. If they didn't have our powers, that was just too bad. They managed to survive this long without them, so they didn't truly need them.

Heck, I didn't have Araxie's powers and I had no desire to steal them. Or Adrian's, or Jude's and so on. So why couldn't they just live and work with what they had rather than try to steal our stuff?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Arian Black, Araxie Scripture
    The Enchanter, writing Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

Araxie picked up the note in front of her and read it aloud.

"According to the space Mage, they have a fire and blood superhuman, as well as one that his powers are unknown. Maybe we could try and convince one of them we aren't all bad. Show them how we aren't truly evil. I think it would be difficult to send in a Mage."

"I agree," Arian said, "they might realize we already have powers and realize we're a Mage before we get the process to receive powers. Let's try and get someone inside first then if that doesn't work, we send someone in."
    / / / / / / / /

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Egyptian Temple

Rowan considered the idea. He wasn't sure how to go about either of them, but they seemed as good as any idea to him. Still, he had another question to ask. "Sounds as good an idea as we're going to get. But what do the rest of us do? We can't all stay in one place, we need separate places to hide. Especially if these superhumans are any good at tracking us."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire mage
    UN headquarters

"Why that sounds like a splendid Idea!" Marx said and laughed, though it sounded ever so slightly like a cackle. "I wouldn't really call him my boss though... More like a guide. I only really listen to him when I want too, otherwise all the fun would be ruined." Marx considered Elisabeth for a moment before asking, "Say, why'd you choose to become a super human? Got a grudge against a mage?"

VPP

Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Well, if we assume the lives of average humans, the Blocker will have to come out to find us since humans typically cannot tell the difference between us and them." Alma said. "So they may start to question his authority when he can't find any of us." she paused. "Though, that would also limit how much contact we can have with each other and if they do somehow find one of us, we won't get the news until it's too late to do anything."

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations

Dagan sighed and stood in the back of the room near a potted plant. He used his powers to manipulate the soil in the pot and let a small flower grow out of it. This power was useful, but not for what they wanted to use it for. It was a nurturing power, and he recognized it as such. He would never use it as a tool for war. It wasn't meant for that.

Bernie Sumner
    Space Mage
    Alaska

A note appeared in the soil in front of the third super human. "It seems you do not want to fight if this is the case simply nod, if not shake your head."
    Last edited by Awasfriend; 02-08-2016 at 04:37 PM.