Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    Underworld
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii

Kritana sighed and pulled Kora into a hug for the first time ever. "Kora, please don't cry." he said softly. "Look, I know you won't want to hear this, but if another wave hits and it's as strong as you fear, then resting won't help me, only Tyler can, and I'm not even 100% sure about that because, to my memory, we've never needed to revive a Mage." he sighed and pulled away from the hug, looking deep into her eyes, tears showing in his own. "You're the closest friend I've had in my entire life, and the best employee I ever had, I know you only want what's best for me, and I appreciate that. I promise, after we sort everything back out I'll go back on vacation with you, I'll even do it without so much as an earpiece to keep me in contact with anyone down here, but we need as many hands helping with this as possible, because we've never had a tragedy this big before, not even a scheduled one, and we don't know who's going to be revived when, and I can't extend their lives to the right degree if they're revived before we can get them through. I'll even let you choose what part of the job I do so that I don't overwork myself."

Castor Spellman
    Enchanter, Alternate Universe First Incarnation
    Paris, France
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii, @Awasfriend

Castor nodded. "Then it's a plan." he said. "When we do this, we'll let them know not to look if they can't handle it and to make sure children can't see it before we show any of you three. We don't want to traumatize anyone just to show the Mages here in good light."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    The Underworld
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997

Kora froze up when Kritana hugged her. Slowly moving to return the embrace, Kora wasn't sure what to think. She listened quietly, sniffling every once in a while. He was offering so much as compensation, Kora felt as if she couldn't believe her ears. But Kritana was right, they needed all the hands on deck they could get. Even though she didn't want to risk Kritana hurting himself again, she could tell her wasn't going to budge on the issue. She smiled kindly and nodded. "All right. Maybe we can put you with the other employees in the center where they're extending people's lives. That won't be too tough right?" she asked.

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Paris, France and London, England
    Affected RP'ers: @AWA1997 @Awasfriend

"Mhm I see what's going on here. But we can't put a "mature" warning on a broadcast. At least, I don't think. Maybe have someone say they're about to kill the rogue mages, and that one is already down. State that it's a proof that the mages mean no harm and will not allow rogues like these to torment the world anymore?" Jude proposed as he popped into existence.

"Oh great it's parallel universe Chronos," Visions mumbled as he crossed his arms.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    London, England
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Awasfriend

After Jude told him what the pink vial did, Tyler immediately nodded.

"Way better plan than what I was doing," Tyler told Jude, figuring getting the water mage to help with it would be a good idea. "I doubt Kritana would want me to keep making revived humans immune to disease, so let's definitely go with this instead."

The right thing to do, in Tyler's opinion, would be to remove the plague, not make everyone immune to disease entirely, but given the situation, it was as though Tyler's powers were too strong and having a batch of humans completely resistant to disease was likely doing way more than what Kritana would ever find permissible.

Marx Hunfree
    Fire mage (posing as superhuman)
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Noblejanobii

Marx stood up, some of the previous fire burning in his eyes again. "We should probably head back to New York. Let's collect ourselves and get some information before striking out again The sun was setting, which meant it would still be mid afternoon back on the US east coast.

Rowan Summers
    Music mage
    Edmonton, Canada
    Affected Rp'ers: Noblejanobii

After some time Rowan found that, anxious as he was, sleep fought to close his eyes. SO he snoozed quietly in his room while out in the main area Vivi was busy humming away cheerfully, doing some cleaning. She hadn't really expected guests, and while she never turned them away if she could help it, it would be nice to have the house a little tidier. Then she could go upstairs and prepare a spectacular show. The thought of it excited her.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-14-2017 at 03:39 PM.

VPP

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    Underworld

Kritana nodded. "You're the boss right now, Kora." he said. "You know what needs done right now better than anyone here, including me, so whatever it is that you need me to do, I'll do, as long as I'm actually doing something to help fix this issue." He added, smiling, before heading to where the Shadows Mage assigned him.

Castor Spellman
    Enchanter, Alternate Universe First Incarnation
    Paris, France
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii, @Awasfriend

"That's what I meant, have someone explain the situation and what's going to happen at the beginning of the broadcast, and give them enough time to get children and anyone squeamish away from it. There will probably be some people who see it because they can't get away, but it's better than everyone seeing it."
    Last edited by AWA1997; 04-15-2017 at 08:42 PM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    London, England
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Awasfriend

Jude chuckled. "I doubt Kritana will mind if it's only a few. And if he does then oh well. Now let's see, where did that water mage get off too? It might be faster if we have an item enchanted with her blood. You wouldn't happen to have such an item? If not, I can attempt to locate her," he suggested. Truthfully, Jude had some idea of where the water mage was but given that he'd rip open the space time if he traveled there it was not ideal.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Affected RP'ers: @Morzone

"Right, we've got some valuable information about them even if we didn't catch any. I may have fought alongside them but it gave me some interesting intel that I think our bosses might want to know about." Elizabeth stood up next to Marx and drew a knife from her boot. She slit her wrists and formed wings from her blood. Flapping them a little, she glanced at Marx. "I probably won't be able to keep up with you but I'll get there when I get there. Unless you would rather carry me."

Kora Lolita
    Shadows Mage
    The Underworld
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997

Kora nodded, watching Kritana walk off. In all candor, she really wanted him to stay close to her, but the soul sorting stations could get a little rowdy, like when a bunch of people have their flights cancelled at once. It wouldn't be the first time if fights broke out between the souls waiting in line. Kora did not really want Kritana in the middle of that if a fight broke out. At least in the center the souls would probably be a bit calmer and there were much more staff there to help Kritana. Kora stepped back into her station and started to sort through souls again, directing them. It seemed like the wave had slowed considerably, so at least the influx of souls was no longer growing. Though Kora noticed a few souls popping back into existence while waiting in line. Not good. That meant Tyler was reaching them first before their lives could be extended.

Jude Audrey
    Fate Mage
    Paris, France
    Affected RP'ers: AWA1997 and Awasfriend

"Okay I think that sounds like a good solution," Jude answered. "So are we ready to start? Or are there any more preparations that must be made?"

"Um I just thought of a possible problem. So, Maddie is supposed to be dead after I... carve her up," Madder stated, "but when Madeline died, her body literally like poofed. I have no doubt ours will too. Is there anything we can do about that? Is there like an illusion or something we can do to disguise that?"
    / / / / / / / /

Kritana Sephtis
    Death Mage
    Underworld

Kritana honestly wasn't too happy with being put on this job, he wanted to be helping getting people through, but he needed to help somehow, and it was the only way he could convince Kora to let him do so. As such, he started working as best as he could, finding them on the lists and writing in the margins when they got in to the underworld and having them wear bracelets that would track when they were revived. He might not be able to get exact with this method, but it was the fastest method he had at his disposal where he could get close to it, and speed was of the utmost importance at the moment.

Nicholas Flamel
    Alchemy Mage
    Paris, France

Nick thought for a moment. "If I knew what it looked like I might be able to simulate it." he rummaged through his bag and pulled out some vials, most seemingly empty. "Let's see, I would need something to hide her from view, so..." he took some of the vials that didn't appear empty and mixed the contents, which reacted violently for a moment before calming down. He then poured some on his hand, causing it to become invisible once fully covered. "Ok, if we do this right, we can make it look like she vanished like that, but I'm not sure what the 'poof' looks like, so that may not be enough."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Madder Hatter
    Second Madness Mage Incarnation from Another Universe
    Paris, France
    Affected RPers: @AWA1997 @Awasfriend

Madder paused and thought it over. The alchemy mage had whipped that up pretty quickly. Maybe he could see what their poof looked like then simulate it with Maddie after? It could work. But could it be whipped up so quickly? Madder turned to Nicholas.

"How fast can you create a potion based on seeing one of us go poof? You whipped that together pretty quickly. Maddox and I can try to describe it to you as best we can but unless you see it, our descriptions probably won't be sufficient."
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    London, England

"I find it's best to stay on good terms with Kritana," Tyler snickered. "We've had disagreements before and sometimes it goes on longer than it really should have."

"As for anything enchanted, nope," Tyler replied to Jude. "See if you can get that water mage over here when you get a free moment. Some days, trying to work with regular humans is tough. They're so fragile in some ways, but giving them even just a bit more than what they're usually used to and they'll go off the walls."

In this case, immunity from disease was that "more than what they're usually used to." To some, they'd test their luck too much and get killed from something else. It was the reason why Tyler, despite the good-hearted temptations, couldn't just wipe away everything that kept the balances in check. He hated cancer, AIDS, malaria, and all the others, but if they were wiped, along with every other ways people could die, they would just multiply and the entire world would collapse. And then there was that constant fear that humans had of the unknown and being terrified of what happens after death when really, it wasn't all that bad. But until one knew the truth, it could petrify them.

The balance between life and death was shaky as well. When could Tyler and Kritana decide when it was "not someone's time?" There were times when even Jude had to step in and decide if it wasn't what fate intended.