Epilogue: The Creation Collapses

Escalation of commitment.

What started as a few heated battles turned into a vicious, all out war. Regardless of what happened and how much pain they endured, Jonathan, Dylan, Fox, and Hemlock did what they could to cause as much structural damage to the Trick House's dreamworld by destroying its last cities and defeating the last of the Trick Master's guardians and emissaries. Despite his attempts to keep his last creation intact, the Trick Master's missions had failed and had collapsed before his eyes. He knew that soon, there would be nothing left in the wake of this chaos. Those that had fallen into his Trick House Underground would be free to leave, and he knew they would all warn everyone else about the dangers of heading into the Trick House. He was even well aware he could face dire litigation in addition to it all.

However, he had sensed that those responsible for this collapse had help. He knew it was impossible for them to have been able to do this on their own and he recognized the signs that he was betrayed.

It was Jirachi's plan to flee to Jonathan once the dreamworld wonderland had collapsed...

...but it never happened. After she realized they were successful in causing the collapse but before she could retreat, the Trick Master had realized there was no saving his creations from destruction. Despite the harsh reality that was about to set in once again, he knew he could start again. He knew she was behind the reason why Jonathan and the others had gained the power and control that they did in a world that should have left them in wonder, mystery, and confusion. It couldn't have been luck. And so, while Jirachi thought the Trick Master would be distracted and crestfallen about his destroyed creations, he caught on to her plan of trying to escape with the last and final wish. Before she could, he spent that third and final wish. But before he even uttered a word, Jirachi knew it was going to be a request she would forever regret having to fulfill...

"I want to begin again. I want my power to expand into the rest of the real world, far beyond even just this basement. Grant me my wish!"

Jirachi had been willing to be erased by giving the third wish to Jonathan to avoid having such a thing happen, but it was too late and she knew what dire circumstances that would be created from it. Jirachi pleaded with the Trick Master to reconsider, but he refused, wishing and desiring something far more wondrous and fantastical than what Arceus had created. He hungered to create something better, something more incredible and astounding, something that would be entirely his. He thirsted to pull the world Arceus forged and humanity built upon completely apart piece by piece, replacing it entirely with his creation. Nothing would ever be the same.

Unfortunately for everyone, Jirachi could not restrain herself from granting that last and final wish. She knew she would live, having fulfilled her master's desires, but the cost and consequences of it would be something she would feel traumatized for.

Before she fell back into her slumber, she had granted the Trick Master's third and final wish. She would not be awake to see what bedlam would become of it, but she hoped that somehow, someway, he would be merciful with the power he had gained or at least learn compassion and be wise and responsible with the gift he had been given.

But that hope slipped away just as Jirachi's consciousness did...