Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[RP] Hoenn Enigma - Seeds of Secrets

Hoenn Enigma - Seeds of Secrets

THE WRONG TURN

Hoenn, Route 110.

For the longest time, the Trick House, owned by the seemingly anonymous and enigmatic "Trick Master," has been a local attraction that tests the wit and ingenuity of passing trainers and rewards them for successfully solving the puzzles within. Often described as a perplexing fun house, most trainers came and went never suspecting a thing and found it makes for a simple conversational piece among those that come upon it.

You were one of many trainers that were curious enough to see what the Trick House was about, and decided to test your wit against it...

...but while navigating the perplexing mazes and obstacles, you took a wrong turn, found a hidden staircase that descended further downward, and ended up discovering the Trick House was home to a stranger perplexing fun house the further underground someone went. As you tried to discover more about it, it became almost like an illogical dream wonderland labyrinth, where one door seemingly opened up into a whole new hidden world outside with meadows and plains, but then became something entirely different when a person tried to turn back the way they came from. Suddenly, the way you came in was no longer the exit...

You suddenly became very lost, and your conception of reality and logic has been rendered useless. Simply trying to head upstairs or dig your way out hasn't been working at all and instead leads into strange and bewildering rooms and areas that defy reality. Every turn you make leaves you wondering if you're making progress escaping, or simply descending hopelessly deeper and deeper into an enigmatic Buneary hole.

But you've discovered you haven't been the only one to discover the darker passage and descend into the darker, stranger, and deeper secrets of the Trick House. The discovery of Pokémon in these strange, impossible "rooms" was a welcome sight at first, until you discovered they were once humans. Other rooms contained fantastical creatures seemingly out of a fairytale, but they too were trainers just like you, and some of them are still searching for a way out while others have completely given up. But they all gave you the same warning:

"Don't eat or drink anything!"

However, the clock is ticking. The many hours you've spent lost in the Trick House Underground can easily become days, which will lead to starvation if you refuse to eat and drink the seemingly tempting but unsettlingly strange fruits, foods, and beverages found in many of the fantastical but strange areas of the Trick House Underground... if that's even where you still are...

All the while, questions keep coming to mind. Who really is the Trick Master? Is he even human, or is he hiding an even darker secret about himself and what he has created here? And what is the purpose and meaning behind the Trick House Underground? Or maybe those questions were never meant to be solved...

It's up to you... to still find a way to escape with or without your humanity... or brave it out and try and discover the hidden secrets and real meaning of the whole Trick House to save everyone still trapped inside it...

KNOWN DISCOVERIES

Even though you don't know very much about the Trick House underground, you know at least these things:

• Getting transformed seems to be a common occurrence in the Trick Room Underground. Eating or drinking anything will transform you, and the same goes for your Pokémon too! However, it's been a while since you all last ate, and obviously you don't want yourself and your Pokémon to starve. Meanwhile, that's not the only way you might find yourself as no longer human. Maybe there's a way to reverse the inevitable transformations... maybe not... but who knows for sure?
    • The Trick House Underground is essentially a nonsensical wonderland that defies reality and instead feels more like the craziest dream you've ever endured... only now it's real. Doors will open up to outside worlds where you can breathe underwater, potentially sprout wings and fly, walk on walls, and other similar wonders. However, bear in mind that there are both captivating rooms and horrifying ones. But you never know what vital nooks and crannies of the Trick House Underground may contain clues...
    • Mirrors, doors, and elevators have especially weird effects that contain interchangeably different passageways or exits to "outside" areas. Books, papers, and anything with text will often have cryptic, strange, and bewildering messages.
    • As grim as it might sound, dying doesn't really seem to be an escape from the Trick House Underground as some of the new "residents" have told you. You'll simply wake up somewhere else inside it... possibly as something or someone else!

Of course, you're bound to discover more strange rules that the Trick House Underground follows. But by piecing together the puzzle, maybe you'll find the solution that finally sets everyone free...

RULES

• Follow the basic Pokémon Crossroads rules and the RP rules.
    • God-modding is very loose on this one. As long as it doesn't get too ridiculous, the more you let your imagination run wild, the better, and it's allowed to go pretty far on this one, just so as long as it's not detrimental to other RPers.
    • No direct bunnying, although you can slightly influence what happens to other people.
    • Keep it PG-13 and under. Some areas of the Trick House Underground can be dark and scary, but they're not excessively gory, vulgar, or perverted.

Also, include your character's name in the header, as well as their... "location." This also helps other RPers (however that happens) to find you and interact with your character.

[SIGN UP THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE]

Senior Administrator

Jonathan Bradshaw - Currently as a Cinccino
    The Art Gallery

"Trick Master is fantastic."
    "Trick Master is awesome."
    "Trick Master is the greatest."

Screw you, Trick Master!

I was so sick of seeing this kind of crap everywhere. For the past four weeks, I've been barely able to cling onto my sanity with this place and the ridiculous things it's done to me. But I was dead-set on trying to find a way out of here... because the only other option was to give up.

Those three lines of nonsensical, egotistical crap were on the museum plaque for a painting of a blue banana with fireworks shooting off in the background. As I looked away, seeing as how thing this was totally useless, I saw the rest of this art gallery didn't make sense either, and for now, I seemed to be the only one in here. There was a pink and white checkerboard pattern over all of the floor, walls, and ceiling, and it was disorienting as hell and seemed to wobble a bit. Meanwhile, none of these pictures made sense either. Part of me just felt like finding another door just to change the channel.

I took a few steps, slowly waddling along as a Cinccino because I was still not used to this plushy chinchilla form in the first place. I tried to make head or tails of the next painting. It kind of looked like Slateport City, but I was pretty sure it wasn't, because I highly doubted Slateport City ever melted the way this one did, was raining clocks and hourglasses, and once had the beach crowded with purple Marills dressed in tuxedos. On the plaque...

"There comes a time when a Fletchinder will want to tie your shoes. But you won't understand it. You it but won't understand. Y T BT WNT NDRSTND."

Oh, why the hell did I ever enter this stupid place...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sloane Jackson-Human
    The Food Court

It just had to be the food court. It couldn't be an art gallery or a lake or the center of Hell. Nope. It had to be a food court.

Sloane's stomach growled loudly and she wrapped her stomach around her arms with a sigh. She had brought food with her, of course, but she was attempting to ration it for now. She had to find a way out before she transformed into… well who knows. She had seen quite a lot since her arrival and it had only been a day. Sloane felt her stomach growl again as a ever tempting smell of Olivine Pasta wafted past her nose. Dear Arceus, they had discovered her weakness.

"Maybe just a little bit wouldn't-" Sloane felt a sharp pinching on her neck followed by intense pain. "Ow!" Sloane's hand flew to her neck where she realized what had happened. Shaymin released Sloane's neck and nuzzled her hand a little. "You're right, Shay, I can't eat just yet. Come on, let's find a way out of here." Sloane quickly moved away from the pasta stand in search of an exit.

Dylan Thomas-Windup Togetic
    Apple Orchard

Dylan let out a silent sigh as he was carried through the large apple orchard. He hadn't been able to speak for hours and it seemed like he couldn't remember what his own voice sounded like. Still, at least he had his Pokemon still with him, even if they did look… odd. Oh well, at least they weren't entirely different Pokemon. That would be very confusing for both Dylan and probably the Pokemon themselves.

They had been stuck in this apple orchard for a while and Dylan wasn't sure of an exit in sight. It didn't really matter except they'd need water sooner or later and he'd rather find it sooner rather than later. Still, the Apple orchard seemed to go on forever and Dylan knew that it was only a matter of time before they'd have to try and find another way. This whole dang place was a made, a never ending maze. And Dylan hated it.

Fox Oleander- Mermaid
    A Lake

"I'm gonna strangle that man." Fox swam in angry circles in the lake she was stuck in. She had been "pacing" for the past hour and venting to no one about her angers. She hated the trick master so much right now. Fox would kill him. She would. She was a mermaid and it was his fault. He would die a slow painful death. That was ensured as far as she was concerned.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Xavier Hundres
    A small island in an ocean

Xavier stared at the rock in front of him. When he'd gone through that last tunnel he'd found himself under water next to this island, which only had two trees. Both were gigantic and had an elevator door at their base. Except one elevator was blue and the other was red. In the sand had been a rock. So, like any normal person turned twig, he'd sat down and had a wonderfully intellectual debate with the rock to prove that water was in fact, wet. and then went on to prove that lost pens lived in a secret society under everyone's houses. When He'd done this the rock then proceeded to promise to tell him which elevator to go through if Xavier could beat the rock at a staring contest.

So Xavier stared, only he kept having trouble find the rock's eyes. It didn't really seem to have a mouth or nose either. In fact, it just looked like a normal rock. But of course that was silly, normal rocks couldn't debate about the wetness of water. so Xavier stared.

Joshua Kanz
    Thesky

Josh sat on the edge of his cloud, pondering the sea below him. It appeared to be full of rather angry looking monkeys all writing very rude letters on type writers. He closed his eye and put his head in his hands. "oh man, this is one messed up trick house. Those guys must've been crazy to think the tricks here were easy to get through." He opened his eyes and found that the monkeys had decided to write angry E-mails one computers instead. Getting up he turned and walked across the island of cloud, wondering how the trick master had made such a place.

VPP

Senior Administrator

Jonathan Bradshaw - Cinccino
    The Art Gallery

Every painting and description here made absolutely no sense. But then again, that was with everything around here. I needed... no, I had to find a way to crack the system behind this place. Otherwise it would make me a drooling lunatic and I'd end up just as cuckoo as everything else in this Wonderland Hell. It had been a whole damn month and I was no closer to getting out of here than the day I stupidly stumbled into this flaming cesspool.

I came to the exit door of the art gallery, figuring there was absolutely no point in being here right now. I got so fed up that after standing on the tips of my toes to reach the brass door knob in the shape of a clover, I opened the door, and saw it opened up into a black, dark subway with dirty walls and flickering lights. Perfect. I really didn't feel like walking around as a fluffy chinchilla in a dingy place like that and make myself a living, filthy dust bunny in the process. I shut the door, knowing even just doing that would change the room behind it when I opened the door again.

Second time I opened it, there was a small kitchen in yellow and green with a strobe light. Nope, didn't feel like dealing with that either. Out of annoyed cynical impatience, I repeated the process and cycled through what felt like a dozen rooms, starting from the dingy subway, the lemon/lime kitchen, an upside down pool hall, a warped outside basketball court, a magazine printing press that was splattered in sticky bubble gum, a purple planetarium with plush Pokémon all over the place, an indoor pool that was filled with what looked like grape soda, a furniture store where everything was floating in the air, and then back to the subway again.

But then I noticed the pattern and I cycled through the whole thing again. Subway, kitchen, pool hall, basketball court, printing press, planetarium, swimming pool, furniture store. I did the whole cycle four times and finally confirmed there was a solid pattern to it. I then got an idea.

Write it down and graffiti up the walls if you have to!

But I didn't have a damn pen or marker. And I needed a real pen or marker, not one I found here that would look like a pen, but shoot bubbles before playing jazz and then cause whatever I wrote to turn into noodles.

I badly needed to find a human trainer. Or at least someone who had a pen or writing tool from the outside world, or else forget it, I couldn't map out this place. But for the first time in months, the idea of mapping this whole place out for everyone, including myself, might have been our first, real lead. We could write down what rooms led to what other rooms, and maybe even write down what these damn trick foods did.

But holy crap, it was going to be a lot of work...

Administrator

Brian Evans -Currently: Human

*sighs* Where did I end up now. This city looks almost as if it's in ruins. Then again this isn't the worst thing I've seen here these last few days since I got trapped here in this place. I wonder if any each of these doors actually lead inside the building...or if it's just gonna be another fun house room.

It'd had almost been a full day since either Brian or his Eevee had had much to eat or drink. Food and water supplies are starting to run low. Both of them have heard the warnings since arriving. It's almost impossible to miss it since everywhere they've been they have seen some message or heard it about the Trick Master. How "not to eat or drink anything." Some even coming from what he thought were stone statues. One of the crazier ones was from a leaf that fell on his shoulder...or at least he thought it was. Getting that hungry or dehydrated can really play tricks on the mind.

It's been two days now and I'm still no where even close to finding any clues as to what's going on here or even a way out. Ugh, the things I've seen since then. I'd rather not remember any of it, but it's all bound to show up again at some point. There's almost really nothing here either. This place is just...quiet. Lonely and feels rather cold. Makes me feel like I shouldn't be here long.

This place is already creeping me out. It's way too quiet here. Almost no place to really sit or rest here either. Knowing this place from what I've seen here the last few days. I can't just sit in the middle of the road here even in an town empty as this. I think we better move on. Find a place so Eevee and I can rest. One of these doors has to lead somewhere. Let's just try this building...if the...door would just....OPEN! Brian was ramming the door trying to force it open.* The door suddenly slams open as if it were never jammed. "Oh great....not another one of these places...."

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Grape Soda Swimming Pool

Unfortunately, I was just going to have to abandon the idea of writing directional guide graffiti until I had an actual pen or permanent marker to scribble on the walls with. For now, I decided to go with the swimming pool room, but like hell I was going to jump into it. Besides the weird and sticky contents that would stick like paste on my Cinccino fur, the tiles on the floor were a strange mix of yellow, pink, and white. Meanwhile, I found what looked like a random blue sock puppet with googly eyes just sitting on the-

"HELP ME! it screamed.

Oh good lord, that thing was actually someone living. I approached it and saw that yep, it was a living and sentient sock puppet. I imagined this poor soul was a human at one point and obviously ate or drank something terrible.

"Did the grape soda turn you into that?" I asked the sock puppet while looking at it curiously.

"YES!" it screamed. "What was I thinking!?"

That made two of us. Who the heck drinks even normal pool water intentionally? In any case, they definitely wouldn't have a marker on them, but I figured I'd help him or her out.

"Name's Jonathan," I introduced myself. "I've been stuck in this hellhole for about a month. Last thing I ate was a cinnamon bun, and that turned me into this."

"I'm... Sonya," the sock puppet replied. "You... wouldn't happen to have more of those cinnamon buns, would you? Oh, please tell me you do!"

I shook my head to tell her no, but that also got me thinking. If we did find some food or drink that changed people into something... relatively normal and decent, it wouldn't be a bad idea to stockpile that stuff. I was sure Sonya would WAY RATHER be a Cinccino than this blue, ungodly sock puppet.

"I'll let you eat the first thing we find," I told her, knowing just about anything would be better than a sock puppet. "Hopefully it'll turn you into something better than this."

"Oh thank you, you're my guardian angel!" She rejoiced very happily.

I decided to pick up Sonya and carry her with me until we found something else for her to eat. I figured just about anything would be a heck of an improvement over this.

"You got lucky with that cinnamon bun," Sonya told me. "You're really cute and fluffy."

"It's almost disturbing what passes for luck around here," I told her, knowing on a normal day, being turned into a Cinccino would have been a catastrophic shocker instead. "How long have you been stuck in this place?"

"Two months," she muttered, sounding grim about it. "Well, I mean two months stuck in this pool room. It's been five months since I walked down the strange staircase."

Ugh, that sounded like torture. Well, I decided to head to the exit door of this place with her, and hopefully we'd be able to find her and change her into something better than this thing.

Xavier Hundres - Twig
    A small island in an ocean

"FINE! DON"T TELL ME THEN!" Xavier shouted at the rock. He grabbed it and attempted to through it into the water. Being a twig didn't really help this measure and the rock responded by stubbornly staying where it was. "Look, can you tell me which door is better anyway? I know you won the staring contest, but I really need to get out of here."
    "What, you think your too good for me now?"
    "Fine. I'll just choose one." He stormed over to the red door and kicked it. Nothing. So he went over to the blue door and kicked it. This time the red door opened with a satisfied sigh. "What are you so happy about?" Xavier demanded, entering the elevator. It sure looked a lot like a death trap, with spikes on the walls and all, but he wasn't about to go reason with the blue door. "Alright red elevator, bring me up and out of here!" The elevator decided that it had had its floor long enough, and dropped it along with Xavier, who really would have preferred to the elevator to have kept its floor. "You got to be kidding meeeee!"

Joshua Kanz - Human
    The sky

Joshua looked at the bookshelf. Why was there a bookshelf on this cloud island? And why was it full of harry potter fanfiction? What even was harry potter fanfiction? They didn't all seem to be fanfiction though. Two large books stood out against the rest. One was called the "Monster book of Monsters" and the other "The friendly book of friends" So rowan grabbed the monster book, believing that this was another trick of the house. When he opened the book though, all there was was a black screen that would occasionally flash a picture.

"Whoa, that's cool." Joshua's stomach rumbled at that point and an image of a bakery appeared. his hand moved involuntarily and touched the screen, he could almost smell the food. Then suddenly he COULD smell the food. He looked up from the book and found himself standing behind the counter in a uniform that said, "Good bread for hungry customers! on it. "This is one weird house." He murmured.
    Last edited by Morzone; 02-16-2016 at 04:29 AM.

VPP

Senior Administrator

The Food Court
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii (Sloane)

Food... food... food... I used another exit door, opening and closing it again and again to cycle through next room options. Definitely not the creepy doll factory, nope on the garbage dump, still no on the room filled with rubber balls, but when the door opened up into a food court, I figured that was perfect. Sonya's days of being an idiotic sock puppet would soon be over!

...She just had to hope it wouldn't be something even worse....

I carried Sonya into the large food court, which seemed fairly normal, save for the fact that the places to eat had strange names and logos for places like Haxy Snax, 1974, The Quadratic Formula, and Spanky's. Well, we sure didn't have to worry about finding a place to sit down. Everything was empty except for... a human!?

"Whoa, look at that!" I told Sonya, seeing a human wearing a black shirt, blue jeans and with what looked to be... wow, was that a Shaymin? "She must have just gotten here!"

"Please, I hate being like this!" Sonya shouted. "I don't care what I get changed into, just let me eat something!"

"Okay, okay," I assured Sonya, quickly turning toward the human and calling out to her. "Hey, miss, hold on for a second! I mean... don't go anywhere, I'll be with you in a moment!"

I wanted to help Sonya but if that human had a permanent marker or just some kind of writing tool, it would be a godsend for my graffiti plan. Meanwhile, that girl must have thought this was absolutely insane. Here I was, a fluffy Cinccino, shouting nonsense to her while carrying around a dumb, blue sock puppet like it was my best friend. Whatever, Sonya needed serious help, and fast.

I decided to go with Spanky's first. It didn't take long until I found a can full of... Super Sappy Pop Cola. Good lord, I had no aspiration to mess with stuff that had a name like that. I cracked it open, and fed it to Sonya. Or at least I thought I did by dumping it down her... "mouth." Once she got a good guzzle of it, I let her go and hoped something good would come out of it.

She then began to change, growing bigger, still blue for some reason before getting some green lily pad thing on her head, eventually morphing into what looked like... a Lotad.

"Oh, it worked..." Sonya muttered, a bit shocked she was actually capable of drinking as a sock puppet. "But..."

"But what?" I asked, thinking she should have been elated.

"Oh, let me try something else," she sighed. "Lotads are kind of ugly and weird. I want to be something cute like you!"

She had to be kidding. If she was really going to make me do this, I was going to...

...and then I came up with a brilliant idea!

"Hey, hey miss!" I shouted to the Shaymin girl with the blue jeans, trying to look as absolutely adorable as a Cinccino ever could. "Would you happen to have a pen or marker? You know, one from the real world that doesn't do stupid stuff like the ones in this psychotic wonderland do? We're going to write down what everything in this food court changes people into, so everyone can pick something nice and avoid the nasty stuff!"

Oh, it was brilliant! Maybe the cute looks and charm would actually be useful this time!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sloane Jackson- Human
    Food Court
    Affected Roleplayers: @Neo Emolga

Sloane felt her stomach growl again and groaned loudly. Where was a door when you desperately needed one! Sloane let out a long sigh and decided it was best to quit her complaining for now. She just needed to take her mind off of this place. Just for a little while. But what to do? Sloane placed her bag on a nearby table and unzipped it, pulling out a black pen and her journal. Rezipping up her bag, Sloane slipped it back over her shoulders and began to write as she walked.

The story was about as random and chaotic as the world Sloane had recently found herself in. It was much harder to distract herself from this place than she thought. However, she didn't really mind that either. Her stomach hadn't growled in a while, which was somewhat of a relief. Still, this was not a tactic that would work for long. Sloane was beginning to regret not bringing a book or something.

"Hey, miss, hold on for a second! I mean... don't go anywhere, I'll be with you in a moment!"

Sloane looked up from her work to see a Cinccino with a sock puppet. Well… definitely not the weirdest thing she had seen so far in her one day in this land of trickery. Still, kind of a weird sight. Sloane sighed and pulled one of the chairs from a nearby table to sit down in. Sloane let Shaymin crawl off her shoulder to the table beside her and simply shrugged when the unspoken question passed between the two.

The Cincinno came back momentarily and requested a writing utensil that was from the real world. Well, good thing she had plenty of those.

"Uh… yeah," Sloane said, showing the pen in her hand. "Do you have a preference? I've got markers as well and another pad of paper if that's best for you."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire