Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

(RP) Pokemon: The Song of the Elements

@AWA1997; @Morzone; @Trainer17; @Chakramaster;

Let's begin this adventure!

The city of Argenta is one of the world's busiest, with bustling mining and trading industries, as well as the many tourists that come to explore the mountains yearly. But the city's icon is its tallest peak, Mt. Luna

You arrive in the bustling city after receiving an urgent message from Brock, the city's resident minstrel. While normally happy and awe inspiring to see in his magnificent purple, red, and gold costume, the tone of his message had a kind of urgency that seems very out of character for him.

As you approach the town square, you can:

--visit the tavern (?) (rumors and possible information)
    --visit the city temple (!/?) (the cleric Joy provides healing and blessings on people, things, and Pokemon alike)
    --visit the marketplace ($)
    --visit the adventurer's guild (!) (Brock said he would be waiting for you here)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Vaugn D. Saul
    Argenta Ports (Outer City)
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1 x Broken Dragon Handle Sword
    - 1000 Gold
    - A gourd holding wine

"Vaugn, I need your assistance, come to the Adventurer's Guild and I'll explain in detail..."

"It's too cryptic of a message, even from the Minstrel of Argenta. Just what the heck is going on?" Vaugn sighed as he walked towards the Adventurers' Guild.

Many thoughts raced across his mind, but there was only one he could focus on at the moment. Meeting up with the City's Minstrel and find out what's really bothering him. The day was cloudy, with a little bit of sunshine here and there. The city itself was huge, and bustling with people as it has always been, and it didn't look like trouble was spewing anytime soon. But Vaugn had to be on guard.

"I need some weapons...but I don't want to attract any form of attention before I meet Brock. Hmm...the Tavern sounds like a good place to start. I might get some info on what's going on from the citizen's mouth. I could get some wine as well, am already running low on it at the moment! This city is quite the hub and their wine are no exception!" Vaugn smirked a bit.

"...How many adventurers did Brock gather besides me? Crap! I better be not the last one to turn up! I better get things done fast and head to the Guild!", Vaugn exclaimed, as he rushed towards the tavern with haste...
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17: The Shining Diamond was one of the busiest taverns in the region, filled with travelers, adventurers and merchants of every stripe swapping stories from the road or rumors from across the world as they enjoyed a hot meal and the many beers, wines, and ales on offer.

At first, the rumors don't seem too promising as to a lead as to why the minstrel of Argenta would become so frightened-- a cleric has spent all his wealth on magical weapons and armor; the labyrinth known as "The Wing" is haunted by the ghosts of dragons; and the barkeep is especially happy about a rumor that an elven caravan is expected to arrive, carrying the finest ales and mulled wines ever produced.

Just then, an elven warrior passes on an intriguing rumor: "The trees have said that the wizard Lysandre seeks the Celestial Harp of Rainbows to raise an undead army."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    1000 gold.
    Dagger.

Endentho headed towards the guild, wanting to know what was going on as soon as possible and not fond of visiting taverns for information. He silently wondered why the minstrel would want to speak with him, but knew answers would come with time.

(Sorry for the short post, I'll try to get better about that.)
    Last edited by AWA1997; 02-21-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Senior Moderator

@AWA1997: The adventurer's guild of Argenta was buzzing with activity as adventurers of all stripes swapped war stories or perused the job board for a suitable quest.

But among the many warriors, mages, rangers, clerics and rogues was a brown haired boy with tan skin wearing a magnificent purple, red, and gold costume. Just the purple alone would clue an adventurer that this particular minstrel was a high minstrel, and very skilled with music, storytelling, and the ancient art of spellsong. Many of the adventurers present were wondering why the famed Brock of Argenta was not filled with his usual joie de vivre and playing an uneasy melody on his harp.

Just then, he looked up at the brown haired rogue towering over him. "Oh, hello!" he began, his trademark smile returning to his face. "Are you maybe an adventurer that answered my plea for help?"

Administrator

*bare with me...still trying to get used to this play style compared to the other RP. xD just now starting to take part in all these.*

Isaac Nash

Isaac knowing how he may not have the chance to stop back by. He must get to the guild as soon as possible, but he decides to check out the marketplace instead. Even something small to help with the upcoming journey will of help in the future. Who knows what this meeting with Brock will truly hold for us?

(I'm sure since it's just starting small posts are ok. Not like we could really go into super long details yet anyway lol)

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

@Chakramaster: The marketplace is bustling with activity--the calls of the merchants, the chatter of people talking, the jingling of coins changing hands, and the occasional Pokemon cry and giggling child. But the most notably absent sounds are one of Brock's instruments and his voice, singing of some brave hero, love lost or love found, or a wily trickster.

As you stroll through the marketplace, you notice the general store (general items), the smithy (weapons and armor), and the alchemist (helpful potions and charms) do not look busy.

Vaugn D. Saul
    The Shining Diamond
    Argenta
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1000 Gold
    - A gourd holding wine

It didn't take too long before Vaugn appeared before a rustic looking tavern. Albeit the looks; this place was crowded with drunkards and people from various races mingling together. A place which knows no discrimination and which houses the best wines and ale to boot!

"Eh...so this the Shining Diamond huh? Well I better not waste anymore time. Time to take down some information!" Vaugn grunted as he entered the tavern.

Opening the doors let Vaugn into a whole new world. Rumors, tips, and and any adventurers info; this was the place for all! Vaugn only had one interest. WINE. Something that would aid him in battles perhaps? There were three bits of info that was passed around at this point of time.

A cleric who spent his wealth on weapons and armors

A haunted labyrinth, The Wing

An elven caravan carrying ales and wines

But of course Vaugn would go after the last option. He rushed over to the barkeep to obtain more info on this ale caravan when he overheard a new rumor..

"...Lysandre? Celestial Harp of what?.."Vaugn stared blankly for a while...

"Oh damn! I've not enough time! Oi barkeep! Tell me about this elven ale seller and pronto!", Vaugn exclaimed, "...and tell a little bit about this labyrinth I'm hearing about, does it house any riches or treasures?!"... Vaugn let out an evil grin...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator

@Trainer17:

"All I know is the caravan from the elven city is due to arrive in two weeks." the barkeep stammered.

"The caravan is from my home city of Lantalos--and yes, the spirits brewed there are as good as they are claimed to be." the elven warrior smiled, slightly bemused in the brash young fighter.

She went on to tell him "The labyrinth known as 'The Wing' is only one of eight elemental labyrinths--collecting the jewels within will power up the legendary Celestial Harp of Rainbows to equal even the Great Lord Arceus. The reason the resident minstrel here is shaken is because he knows the wizard Lysandre wishes to use the harp for an evil purpose--raising an undead army. It was Meloetta that commanded him to seek out other adventurers for the perilous journey--because no great hero ever fought alone."

Vaugn D. Saul
    The Shining Diamond
    Argenta
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1000 Gold
    - A gourd holding wine

"TWO WEEKS?! DAMMIT!", Vaugn yelled as he grabbed his head.

"I don't have that much time! To the hell with the ale! I might come across your homeland during my travels...Lantelos was it? So I'll leave that to fate for now..." Vaugn sighed heavily. He was hopeful he could get a bit of a sample at least. But good things don't come that fast and doesn't last long either.

"...woah woah woah! Hold on my lady. 8 frigging stones?! Power of Arceus...good almighty, is this why Brock is so shaken! That fool! How can us adventurers suffice for this undertaking?! We're going after a freaking wizard. Is he mad? Though...my skills and power would go tenfold and I'd technically be a pro by then..." Vaugn thought for a while.

"That's settled then. We head for the labyrinth first. This saving the world ideology is the least concern for the likes of me. Treasures and riches. I follow them to the end of the world. You wait world. VAUGN IS IN THE HOUSE!..." Vaugn smirked as he made his way towards his next ideal location; the marketplace...

God knows what or who he will encounter there...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk