Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

What do you think would happen if your Pokémon came along to the grocery store?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

I hate writer's block....
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week, inspired by Super Mario Odyssey:

What would your characters do on a trip around the world?

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

I shouldn't have watched that scary movie...

Hello everybody! Here is my text for the prompt of this week. It's a true story (all the dialogues happened in French so I translated them into English in my text, but otherwise it's a true story).

Spoiler:
    In 2016, from February 17 until and including February 19, when I was in the last year of the high school, I participated in a spiritual retreat with some of my classmates and two of my teachers.
    On February 17 evening, we watched the movie "Of Gods and Men" in its French version. I didn't understand everything in this movie, but the elements I understood triggered a panic attack for me. So, when the movie had finished and when my classmates had left the room, I came closer to one of my teachers. I was breathing so fast that she said : "It looks like you have just come back from a marathon!". I answered her that I was stressed because of the movie. So, we left the room and we went upstairs together. While we were going upstairs, she said to me : "What is this breathing? And you are so pale!".
    When we arrived near the bedrooms, she advised me to take a shower so that I could calm down, and she said to me : "Good night, sweet dreams, no stress and remember to breathe deeply and slowly if you are stressed". So, I wished her a good night and sweet dreams.
    Then, I took a shower, I brushed my teeth, I wrote in my diary, I set my alarm (on my original Nintendo DS) so that it would ring at 7 AM and I went to bed. It was midnight.

That night was terrible for me. First, I was still stressed due to the movie. Thanks to the deep breathing exercises, I ended up calming down and falling asleep. Not for a long time : I woke up suddenly because I remembered that I had set the alarm. Effectively, alarms are very stressful for me. Usually, I don't use them, but that night, I decided to set an alarm because it was late when I went to bed and I had to wake up early the next morning.
    So, I woke up, I checked the time, I fell asleep again, then I woke up again because I was afraid of the alarm, I checked the time, I fell asleep again, and so on until I had to go to the bathroom. It was 5:30 AM. So, I went to the bathroom, I did my business and I flushed the toilet, but the flush continued to make noise for over half an hour. As a result, I couldn't fall asleep again. When the flush stopped making noise, there was less than an hour left before the alarm. Consequently, I couldn't sleep because I was too afraid of the alarm. Finally, at 6:40 AM, I got up and I disabled the alarm.

@EmeraldSky
    Last edited by Cleobel; 01-06-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

6. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Hello everybody! Here is my text for the prompt of this week. It's a true story (all the dialogues happened in French so I translated them into English in my text, but otherwise it's a true story).

Spoiler:
    In 2016, from February 17 until and including February 19, when I was in the last year of the high school, I participated in a spiritual retreat with some of my classmates and two of my teachers.
    On February 17 evening, we watched the movie "Of Gods and Men" in its French version. I didn't understand everything in this movie, but the elements I understood triggered a panic attack for me. So, when the movie had finished and when my classmates had left the room, I came closer to one of my teachers. I was breathing so fast that she said : "It looks like you have just come back from a marathon!". I answered her that I was stressed because of the movie. So, we left the room and we went upstairs together. While we were going upstairs, she said to me : "What is this breathing? And you are so pale!".
    When we arrived near the bedrooms, she advised me to take a shower so that I could calm down, and she said to me : "Good night, sweet dreams, no stress and remember to breathe deeply and slowly if you are stressed". So, I wished her a good night and sweet dreams.
    Then, I took a shower, I brushed my teeth, I wrote in my diary, I set my alarm (on my original Nintendo DS) so that it would ring at 7 AM and I went to bed. It was midnight.

That night was terrible for me. First, I was still stressed due to the movie. Thanks to the deep breathing exercises, I ended up calming down and falling asleep. Not for a long time : I woke up suddenly because I remembered that I had set the alarm. Effectively, alarms are very stressful for me. Usually, I don't use them, but that night, I decided to set an alarm because it was late when I went to bed and I had to wake up early the next morning.
    So, I woke up, I checked the time, I fell asleep again, then I woke up again because I was afraid of the alarm, I checked the time, I fell asleep again, and so on until I had to go to the bathroom. It was 5:30 AM. So, I went to the bathroom, I did my business and I flushed the toilet, but the flush continued to make noise for over half an hour. As a result, I couldn't fall asleep again. When the flush stopped making noise, there was less than an hour left before the alarm. Consequently, I couldn't sleep because I was too afraid of the alarm. Finally, at 6:40 AM, I got up and I disabled the alarm.

@EmeraldSky
    I have the same problem with alarms if I know I have to wake up for something important! I use an alarm every day so that is fine, but when I am worried about sleeping through my alarm I tend to wake up every hour or two! I haven't heard of that movie but I looked it up on Wikipedia and it seems like it could be quite confronting.
    GCEA

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

Thanks for your answer! Alarms are even worse if you use the radio as your alarm--the music cutting on always jarred me awake.
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 11-02-2017 at 03:01 PM.

10. This post has been liked by:

Thanks for reading my text and for your replies, @Pokemon Trainer Sarah and @EmeraldSky!

Sarah, I wasn't worried about sleeping through the alarm, I was afraid of the sound of the alarm (maybe my text wasn't clear enough). Anyway, I'm sorry about your problem with alarms. :/
    EmeraldSky, I'm sorry about your problem with the radio. :/

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

I'm over it now, but it was a real annoyance when I was younger.

@EmeraldSky It's a good thing that you are over it now.