Are you a Pokémon artist and want to be part of a giant collaborative project? Then check this out!
The Pokémon community is one that is very vast and diverse. And while there is no one way to capture it all in one shape, medium, or another, we here at PXR thought we would try. That’s why we’re officially launching the PXR Pokémon Artist Collab project! It’s something Mikey and I have been working on over the past few months and we’re excited to unveil to the public so let’s give you guys the rundown.
What is it?
This is a project inspired by the Shonen Jump covers that feature all of the recent characters all together. In an effort to bring together Pokémon artists from all corners of the fandom, we wanted to put together a gigantic collaborative effort that artists could contribute to. Thus, this project was born! And the best part is, pretty much anyone can contribute to this project. So long as you’re a fan of Pokémon, you’re allowed to contribute however you can! You don’t need to be a fanfiction writer, comic author, or habitual Pokémon artist. All we ask is that you’re a fan!
Below are a couple examples of how we are hoping the final product will look, but it’s largely dependent on how many people participate.
What are the rules to participate?
As with any project, there are a few rules that you need to follow in order to participate in this project. If you do not follow them, your entry will not be included, simple as that.
The rules are as follows:
- An artist may submit up to 3 characters to be included in the image.
- The characters have to be of your own original creations and cannot be pre-existing characters within the Pokémon universe (i.e. Ash Ketchum).
- Characters must be related to Pokémon in some way but do not have to be Pokémon themselves. This means that humans as trainers or rangers, etc., are allowed. Fusions, Pokésonas, Crossbreeds, Variants, Gijinkas, etc. are all allowed as well.
- Any art or characters submitted to the project must be SFW.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for NSFW related content and artists will not be permitted to resubmit if they violate this rule.
- Images submitted to the project need to be full body pictures. There are no rules on how the characters are posed so long as it is SFW.
- Images must be saved as a .PNG with a transparent background. They must also have a 300dpi resolution as we will likely need to resize the images when putting everything together.
- Please submit your images or questions to [email protected]
What is the schedule for this project?
While nothing is set in stone, here is our current tentative schedule:
- Submissions are open starting in October through the end of November.
- Background is designed and all images put together by NobleJanobii in late November/early December.
- Final project is released sometime during the month of December.
You can also find all of this information on our official Carrd site for the project: here. We hope you consider participating and look forward to seeing your entries soon!