Check out the latest update to Pokémon GO!
Several new Pokémon and features have been made available in the latest update to Pokémon GO. And trust us, this is a big update!
Trade evolutions have long been a staple of the franchise since the first Pokémon games ever released. However, due to trading not being a feature at the release of Pokémon GO, trade evolutions never made an appearance in the mobile game, until now. Trade evolutions are now available in Pokémon GO! Rather than requiring 100 candies to evolve Pokémon such as Haunter and Machoke, like in the past, trading certain Pokémon will result in no Candy cost to evolve them.
This means that all the following Pokémon can now evolve by trading:
New Unova Pokémon
In addition to the update for trade evolutions, several new Unovan Pokémon have been made available in the game! Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more are now appearing in the wild for you to catch. In addition, several new Pokémon are appearing in eggs. Venipede and Dwebble will be availabe in 2km eggs, Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet will be in 5km eggs, Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew will be in 10km eggs. Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
Another wave of regional exclusives is also now available. Here is the breakdown:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
So with all these new pokemon and the new method to evolve them, let’s get out and GO!