Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Would Wind users still be able to sling lightning around, considering how lightning comes from storms (and yes I know there's more SCIENCE to it but shhh I do not know much science)? NGL, I was planning for most of Hadran's offensive repertoire to be lightning-based.
    I would definitely be okay with that. It makes sense and I wouldn't mind if that's a force of nature shared by both Fire and Wind Guilds.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I would definitely be okay with that. It makes sense and I wouldn't mind if that's a force of nature shared by both Fire and Wind Guilds.
    Excellent. And thanks for the complements on the orphi and whatnot. Sorry I didn't say so before, I'm a bit distracted at the moment. xD

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

This is going to be the opening situation. It will also give you and your character a few options to work with as an opening. Right now, this kind of thing is open to discussion, but generally, I think this would be a good way for things to get started.

Prologue: A Drum of War Has Thundered

The newly unified Dyrin, under the leadership of King Vrell, has now set their sights upon the small continent of Mavi to further pursue the expansion of the Platinum Empire to make the Royal Decree a universal law and ordinance. The collective Mavi Allegiance, the united nations of Mavi, have rejected Vrell's decree of unification even under the threat of war. In light of this refusal, tacticians and military generals on both sides are anticipating heavy naval conflict. Mavi, knowing too well what would happen if the Crusade took over, has called upon its own warriors, as well as the Circle, to assist with the defense.

But not all is harmonious within Dyrin either. A few of the cities and regions within were reluctant to join the Platinum Crusade in the first place. A few of them have been harboring exit strategy plans and have been offering safe haven to remnants of the original Dyrin Rebellion forces, as well as the lost barbarian tribes. Many of these forces are scattered and desire a resurfacing of a second resistance, but simply lack the military strength and leadership. And with their magical resources stripped away, they need outside help to be able to rise up once again.

Lonoxia and Junera: Darkwater Wetlands - These two cities in the Darkwater Wetlands were only just recently admitted to the Vrell Empire. Junera has taken a very passive stance when it comes to supplying the Empire, while Lonoxia has done their absolute best to avoid getting involved at all. Their relation to the Empire is shaky at best, and where there is a will to backstab the Empire, all they are missing is the proverbial knife and opportunity to do it. The Circle of Guilds is not ignorant of this information, and could potentially use it to their advantage.

In addition, humans make up a very small percentage in this region. The denizens of this area do not at all take a liking to the new decree that puts humans in a higher caste than the rest of them.

Tyanis: Icehorn - Tyanis was home to many barbarian tribes that only lost the war due to weaker weaponry and lack of siege equipment. In wake of Vrell's war, a large portion of Tyanis was left in ruins before the barbarians were forced to surrender and become slaves. Only three barbarian tribes remain: The Wildlanders, The Snowhand, and the Frostfoot. The resentment of these tribes is like black powder, simply waiting for the spark to ignite their vengeance. Humans have occupied many of the Icehorn and Southmarch lands to the resentment of the barbarian tribes, and they desire whatever help they can get take back their homelands.

Savire and Ianku: Slven Forest - Despite the war that technically unified Dyrin, Savire and Ianku are homes to pirates, swindlers, mysterious mages, and other shady and shadowy characters that certainly don't care for formal politics or even most laws. The conquering of these towns was done with only a pen to avoid all out bloodshed, but for many of the rogues, assassins, and smugglers of this area, it would take much more than simple ink to put an end to their ways. The people of this area have very little liking for King Vrell, and would not be above being the proverbial dagger in the dark when it comes to countering his internal operations. With the Crusade's actions getting to be more and more overbearing to their ways, it may spell an opportunity for the Circle if they play their hands right.

So just as a means to get started, your character could be deployed in one of these three "opportunity" Dyrin areas to rally and instigate a second resistance movement, or if you prefer things a bit more low-key, helping Mavi with defenses and unification is another possibility.

As the RP progresses, I'm going to do a kind of summary and situational update that will change depending on how things play out and what kinds of actions people have taken. I feel it would not only help with keeping a summary for those that might have fallen behind, but it would also build the story along and allow people to feel like they're making big storyline-changing decisions and actions.

Also, any issues with the RP starting on Wednesday, 6/8/2016? Seems like most people are done with their characters, but if people have intentions of making some more, just let me know and I could hold off a bit on it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sounds good to me, though I can't decide what I want Rima to do.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I'm thinking of making another character, but I may not do it, and I'm good with starting Wednesday.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaster View Post
    I'm thinking of making another character, but I may not do it, and I'm good with starting Wednesday.
    I was contemplating it too but idk. What do you think, Neo? want me to make another character or nah?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm fine with starting then.

Anyone not going to be starting in Dyrin? Hadran's probably going to be avoiding the entire continent (not risking throwing her life away when people are depending on her, etc etc) for a while, but while she's likeliest to be in Skybound City, I can conceivably move her anywhere that the Wind Guild would have a presence.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Senior Moderator

Arryn is currently in the circle library seeing if there are any magical artifact at all that could give any of the resistance factions a shot in the arm, or if that sounds too late game for your taste, trying to figure out where to start in ending the Platinum Crusade.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Hmm... I might have Valryssa go to Icehorn, actually. Might be fun considering her personality, dealing with barbarians xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Everywhere and nowhere. Behind the Fourth Wall and in your very mind.
    Okay, Tazz told me about this and it piqued my interest. I have a few questions:
    1) Can I perhaps port over a character from another game/RP? I speak, of course, about DTG, the forum game which got me to join this forum in the first place through meeting Tazz and hearing about here, and then Tazz conscripting me to join in on the ERR vs. STD threads.

2) If said port is accepted, can I have a few... unconventional ideas integrated into said character? A fairly big part of my original concept for the DTG character I have tentative plans to port over was fourth wall breaking, and porting said character here would naturally greatly tone down that aspect but I couldn't be faithful to the character without it. Plus, he'd get mad at me if I made a version of him without fourth wall breaking or at least occasional medium awareness jokes. (Crystal [said character] is weird, as is his general existence.) I mean, I could probably do it, but it'd feel wrong to me. (I mean, I can always create another character with the same name and same general characteristics but dissociate him in my mind from the one in DTG. Don't be afraid to reject the whole thing if it breaks with your concept of this world/RP.) Actually, scratch that. I can just fork the character idea in my mind, make a new character concept without the fourth wall breaking. The fourth wall awareness probably wouldn't work, and although I'll be mildly put out at losing an opportunity for Crys' signature wall-shattering humor, this does look interesting. I'd have to actually write a backstory instead of handwaving that he appeared one day, but I suppose that can't be helped. Alternatively, I can just make a new character, shouldn't be too hard.

3) How far does the water guild's magics go? I can't really make an instance of Crystal without throwing in some sort of crystal-related magic, and although ice does work (magically unmelting room-temperature ice, anyone?) crystals in general would also be cool. I'm fairly set on water at this point (assuming I find the time to join) and know fire also has earth under its umbrella, but still have faint hopes that crystals other than magically-whammied ice could be used.

...Heh. Hello there. Not much of a signature, is this? Well, blame the guy who wrote it for not spending much time on here. Alternatively, blame Tazz for introducing him to this place.