Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers: @Gaster

"I just don't understand it. I can't see it that way. Magic is life. It's what keeps me alive. It's what allows me to maintain this form. It allows me to breathe air. There's so many things I wouldn't be able to do without magic. It is what keeps me alive," Delbin said. "Non-magic users just don't understand I guess."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Jason Richardson, Werepyre
    Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers:
    @Noblejanobii

"There are many kinds of power, and most people strive to control at least one and sometimes all types of power." Jason said. "Magic, knowledge, wisdom, physical strength, currency, and more. All of them are forms of power, and all of them have been sought after by those who wish to control them. For many of us, magic is more than power, but to others, it is just another way to elevate you over everyone else."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"That's... that's madness! It's like the people back home but... different." Delbin sighed and scratched his head. "Why can't everyone just be content with what they have?" Delbin paused for a second before shaking his head. "I am quite the hypocrite for saying that, now that I think about it. I did leave my home and strand myself here because I wanted to see more of the world, learn more of its people, and... well I wasn't content with my life at home, constantly being told I had to have a female mate." Delbin tilted his head to the side. "I guess that's kind of similar to the greed for power, yeah?"
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers:
    @Noblejanobii

"Similar, yes, but not the same." Jason said. "You didn't leave to seek knowledge in order to control knowledge, you didn't leave to seek wisdom or magic or anything else that fell under power in order to control, contain, or abuse it in any way. You're not being greedy about it, you're wanting to better yourself without tearing others down, and that's how the world should work."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"No, I guess not. But I'm still being greedy, in a sense." Delbin sighed. "I left my people because I was attracted to men and forsook them solely based on that preference. I wanted the freedom to choose and once I got a taste of it I wanted more. It's so nice here, and with everything I have experienced so far, I cannot wait to experience more. I can only imagine what might happen to me in the future! It gets me so excited! But I always want more and more, because I will never be satisfied, I think."
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers:
    @Noblejanobii

"The reason for it means everything." Jason said. "I don't mean this as an insult or anything, but you seem to look at the world the way a child would. That's why you want more. Some people want more for malicious reasons. One reason is good, the other reason is not, but both people want the same thing and go about it the same way, are both people selfish, evil, or anything else along those lines?"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"My people would argue yes because neither is satisfied with what has been provided to them. Personally, I think they are both selfish, but inherently evil? No. But one must be careful. Someone can truly have good intentions but be inherently evil, and while the same cannot necessarily be said for the opposite role, we must be constantly aware of all possibilities, for without this knowledge, we, as a world, will fall."
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers:
    @Noblejanobii

"And that is why you should always check yourself in everything you do. There is a degree to which it's okay to be selfish, especially for the right reason, but you have to watch out for that thin line."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"Is wanting to date a man so badly that you forsake your people crossing that line?" Delbin asked softly. "I wonder what shame I brought to my family in doing so. Maybe I brought none at all or maybe I brought tons. I tend not to think about it but I do wonder sometimes."
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers:
    @Noblejanobii

"I can't tell you if that is or isn't." Jason said. "You have to decide for yourself if it was the right choice. Ask yourself if they were being selfish as well, if you would've been miserable living that way, and any other questions you can think of that would pertain to that. Whether or not it was the right choice depends on how you answer those questions."