Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers: @Gaster

"Says the guy who can fly!" Delbin hit Jason's back lightly. "That's not fair. You can't not enjoy flying, it's great!" Delbin looked around and watched as one of the clouds drew closer. He reached out and let his fingers run through it. Sure enough, there wasn't much to it, but Delbin could feel all the water particles in the cloud, and that was pretty cool feeling.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Lightthroat Hadran Lurel
    Wind Guild (High Speaker)
    Lesonia, Raya (Shadow Guild chapter meeting)
    ARP’ers: @Saraibre Ryu, @Alphys

Hazy’s affirmation reassured Hadran a bit. It wasn’t like Hadran expected the Storm Kyte to behave like an idiot, but she liked making sure that everyone was on the same page.

“Follow me, now - and remember, everyone, we are here as allies and friends!” Hadran called. “No drawn weapons or displays of force unless there is a clear and present danger to you or someone else.”

That said, she opened the door. Much to her surprise, it looked like the full contingent of Shadow Guild members had already arrived. A very quiet, nagging voice in the back of her head suggested that she was walking into an ambush; she suggested that the voice bind its wings and hurl itself off a cliff. She was never going to get anywhere being suspicious of every little thing.

“Hello, esteemed Shadow Guild members,” she said, allowing the feathers of her wings to ruffle a bit so that she had more presence. “My name is Lightthroat Lurel, and as you know, I am the High Speaker of the Wind Guild.” She then introduced the rest of her Guildmates one by one. “May I ask who is presiding over this meeting?” Not having that information grated her, but she hadn’t been told much besides the meeting location and purpose. She wasn’t sure whether that was due to habitual Shadow Guild secrecy, someone wanting her to look a little silly, or just something being overlooked somewhere along the line.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Jason Richardson, Werepyre
    Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

"I am very capable of not enjoying it. For me, it's just like walking. Nothing really special about it."

Valryssa Scarlet, Dragon
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora, Raya
    [Destination: Tyanis, Dyrin]

@Gaster

Valryssa looked over Izuru a second time, working from her toes to the top of her head.

“You’ll do, I suppose,” she finally said with a curt nod. Tilting her chip up, she continued, “I’m known as Valryssa Scarlet within the Guild, but you may refer to me as Valryssa or ma’am—nothing more, nothing less.”

She emphasized the last part; one (more) thing that irritated her was nicknames, and unfortunately her name seemed a natural target for such treatment.

“Since we are traveling together, I would like a brief overview of your abilities and talents, particularly your capacity with magic and—”

“Mistress Valryssa!”

Valryssa stiffened at the call, recognizing the voice with a flash of irritation. She closed her eyes to reign in what little patience she had and turned on her heel, spotting the culprit easily. A barefoot young man was shouldering his way through the crowd, waving his hand at the duo near the Kindred Flames. He looked human, with bronzed skin (most of it exposed as per his culture) and short-cropped dark hair; what gave away his identity, however, was the pair of ebony horns rising from his temples.

He was one of Valryssa’s students, a bright-eyed, over-eager Ifrit named Bahram. While he had more enthusiasm for his education than half of his fellow apprentices, Valryssa found him to be overbearing and honestly annoying at times. Still, he put up with her, and she couldn’t help but be a little impressed by that. At times. Now, however…

“Bahram!” Valryssa raised her voice. “You buffoon! What are you doing here? Can’t you see that I’m busy at the moment?!”

Bahram skidded to a halt, the pure-white smile on his face slipping into shock. But only briefly. It returned when the Ifrit bowed his head. “Of course, Mistress—we’ve been alerted of your mission and—

“Then why are you here?” she demanded, lip curling. A relic of her days as a dragon, when she could properly bare her teeth.

He looked confused for a moment before saying, “Oh, well… I’m coming along, too.”
    “You?!” Valryssa blinked. Bahram, of all people? Granted, he was a prodigy among the Guild’s hopefuls, but he was a greenhorn in every sense of the word. The Ifrit had little if any experience in the outside world, and was about as naďve as a newly-hatched chocobo.

“Yes, ma’am,” the youth straightened, shouldering a pack that Valryssa had failed to notice earlier. “The higher-ups think that this is a great first mission for me! And it’s even better that I get to go with you!”

The buffoon grinned from ear to ear, oblivious as ever to Valryssa’s bristling. The dragon knew of the dread most of the students held concerning her teaching and personality, but in all her experience Bahram was the only one who actually enjoyed her. Dumb or simply innocent, she couldn’t decide.

Valryssa sniffed and straightened her spine, regaining her composure. At this point, she couldn’t disagree with the Guild’s decision—but when she came back, she would be sure to give them a piece of her mind. For now… at least she could keep a closer eye on this one’s education.

“So be it…” she grudgingly accepted. “But Bahram, you are as late as ever!”

Bahram flinched, but his smile turned sheepish. “Sorry… Had a hard time packing.”

She looked down at what he was carrying… which wasn’t much. “…Is that all? Don’t tell me that’s what you intend to wear to the Icehorn.”

He looked down at his bare chest and feet and frowned. “What’s wrong with this?”

Valryssa growled, and rubbed at her temples—a habit she had picked up from the humans. “We don’t have time for this! We’ll pick you up something in the Skybound City, but for now we should get going. We’re to meet up with an Ice Mage, and I’d rather not keep them waiting.”

Turning to Izuru, Valryssa said, “Izuru, this is an apprentice of mine—and apparently another companion for this quest. His name is Bahram. And Bahram, this is Izuru.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” Bahram bowed, his ever-present smile growing wider.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Rima Omarah
    Shadow Guild
    Lesonia, Raya (Shadow Guild Chapter Meeting)
    Affected RPers: @Velocity, @Saraibre Ryu

Rima raised her eyebrows as the wind guild members entered. She spotted the High Speaker immediately and began to make adjustments to her location to watch the High Speaker closely. As Rima did so, a few of the members of the Shadow Guild shifted somewhat awkwardly. The High Speaker's question as to who was to preside hung in the air with the obvious unspoken complaint of uninformancy. Little did these Wind Guild members realize there was a good reason for it. Had it been any other branch that was hosting this meeting, there would have been a higher chance that the presider would have been announced to them, but not this branch. No no. The presider, or presiders depending on if one of them decided to show up, remained very low key due to social stigmas. Rima shifted her attention slightly away from the High Speaker as the members parted, allowing a cloaked woman to step through them.

"I apologize for the secrecy, High Speaker. It's not the usual manner of the Shadow Guild to keep presiders secret. However, it was a concern that you might not attend our meeting should you know my true species." The woman lowered her cloak's hood to reveal the obvious markings of a succubus. "Social stigmas are the downfall of society nowadays. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Saryus Vitalastor. I am one of the two leaders of the local Shadow Guild chapter. My partner sends his regards, but he chose not to attend today's meeting for much of the same reasons I chose not to reveal myself as the presider until now. He hopes that you will not take this as an insult, but given the rising tensions against his species nowadays, he has felt less safe, even within our own guild. We've already had to take extreme precautions for his safety after two different attempts at his life, one of which was committed by a member of his own guild." Saryus paused to take a breath, as if the memories seemed to physically pain her. "Nevertheless, my partner hopes that our meeting today will allow for us to make strides against the tyranny over us currently and is pleased you chose to attend today."

You had to be blind if you couldn't read between the lines Lady Saryus was drawing. While it was a fairly well known fact within the Shadow Guild, very few outside of the guild itself knew about the Lady or her partner. Lady Saryus and her partner, Lord Benjamin, were two of the most formidable fighters within the Shadow Guild. Both coming from species that weren't exactly well known for their successful use of magic, the fact that they were able to surpass so many and oversee their own branch of the guild was very impressive. However, it also made quite a few enemies, especially in these times. The problem with Lady Saryus and Lord Benjamin was that they came from highly scorned species, something that was out of their control but they could still be attacked for. It would be no surprise to any Shadow Guild member that people were after Lord Benjamin, given he what he was. In fact, it was probably more surprising that there had not been more attempts rather than actually having been an attempt. Lord Benjamin had done well in breaking down barriers within the Shadow Guild and caused many to be more open to diversity within it, but that didn't change the fact that other species and the other gullds would not be as open to his presence. With the recent rise in attacks against his species, it seemed like only a matter of time before Lord Benjamin would be forced to go into hiding. After all, one could only do so much when they were a human.

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"Exactly! You can walk and fly! Treasure that and enjoy it because not everyone can do both or either. There was a time when I could not walk or run or ride a horse or jump. All I could do was swim. So I really treasure my mobility now because there's some people out there who can enjoy it."
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"Think of it this way. You've been able to swim your whole life, so now you treasure being able to do the other stuff. I've been able to do all three for 90% percent of my life. It's lost its luster over the last 90 years."

Izuru Natsume, Kitsune
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora, Raya.
    Affected RPers: @FedoraChar

Izuru smiled at the new arrival. "Nice meet you." she said. She looked up at Valryssa. "You ask about abilities." she said. "I use illusions good, change appearance, and do lots things with fire. Teacher say I advanced for for my training."

((Oh it's going to be so great to see how Valryssa takes Izuru's lack of speaking skills here XD))

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Delbin Kawa, Encantado
    Water Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

"Did you not hear me earlier? I treasure everything I can do! Swimming, walking, and everything else! Not everyone can do it so I treasure it for them. So you should too!" Delbin threw his hands in the air before scrambling to grab back onto Jason. He didn't want to be sent flying since he didn't exactly have wings or anything to enable him to fly. Delbin paused then said, "Hey, I sense a heavy storm coming towards us from the north. Be careful since the amount of water in it means it's probably a thunderstorm and I don't think either of us is too keen on being struck by lightning."
    / / / / / / / /

Shadow Guild
    Flying over Dyrin

Jason nodded. "About how long would you say we have before we come across it?" he asked. "I'd like to stay up here and out of sight as long as possible before we have to land."

((The irony that she just made fun of the attendee, asking him if he spoke “Common” xDDDD But yes, it will drive her nuts xD))

Valryssa Scarlet, Dragon
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora, Raya
    [Destination: Tyanis, Dyrin]
    @Gaster

Valryssa returned from preparing the gateway, in time for Izuru to answer her question (the one before Bahram’s annoying interruption). The Kitsune’s reply, however, made Valryssa stop short.

“…You ‘use illusions good’…,” the dragon repeated slowly, eyebrow slowly rising. By the scales of Yelgaboth, the Kitsune could hardly speak! She was stuck with a greenhorn AND a tongue-tied fox. What on Ariel was the Guild thinking?!?! Oh, they were going to get an earful when this was all said and done. They might as well prepare themselves with water-mages for the inferno she would eventually unleash on them.

“Um, I think she means—,” Braham started.

“I KNOW WHAT SHE MEANT!” Valryssa barked at him. Turning on her heel back to the Flames, she hissed, “Let’s get this over with, I’m already sick of both of you!”

Before Braham could offer any interjections, the dragon lady had already stepped through the Flames, and was gone from their sight. The Ifrit sighed and turned to Izuru, smiling apologetically.

“Ladies—er, foxes— first?” he gestured.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

((I figured. And that irony's why I thought it'd be so great XD To be fair, what she lacks in speech skills, she makes up in magic use, and that's with her being self taught for 3/4 of her life, so Valryssa shouldn't complain too much XD))

Izuru Natsume, Kitsune
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora, Raya.
    Affected RPers: @FedoraChar

Izuru's ears and tails drooped at Valryssa's outburst, then even more when she voiced how she felt about the two, but perked up a bit at Braham's curtesy. "Thank you." she said politely as she walked through the fire behind the dragon.
    Last edited by AWA1997; 06-25-2016 at 03:22 AM.