So, ripping my Masters of Cinema from Pe2k, are you? I see how it is..

(loljk, I ain't care.)

Anyways, I think I'll do a review on Disney/Marvel's The Avengers just for something to do.

Movie Name:

MARVEL
The Avengers

Rating:

PG

Genre:

Action Sci-fi Adventure

Summary:

Loki, God of Mischief, and brother to Thor, God of Thunder, after being banished from Asgaard, finds himself in search of the mystical artifact known as the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube). Commanding a legion of space warriors known as the Chitauri, Loki invades Earth and threatens to rule over the citizens of Earth. In a desperate attempt to save the planet, Col. Nick Fury of S.H.E.I.L.D turns to the heroes of Earth and attempts to bring them together to protect the planet in a mission known as the Avengers Initiative. However, Col. Fury soon learns that the heroes have their own agendas, causing volatile (and rather comical) situations. Will the likes of Captain America, Iron-Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, and even The Incredible Hulk be able to overcome their differences to defeat the insatiable Loki? Or Will the God of Mischief conquer the planet, and usher in an Era of Darkness?

Your Thoughts:

At first, I had my doubts that Disney would to anything good with Marvel. But, I have since been proven wrong. The Avengers turned out to be an amazing film. Any comic book junkie, or movie-goer will be pleased with it. Being an avid reader and follower of the Marvel Universe, I can safely say that Marvel/Disney have done a great job with this film. Anywhere from Casting (which I was skeptical about Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner) to Production and Story (Loved the Thanos teaser at the end credits.)

Pros:
~ Good Story
~ Good Comic Value
~ Great Visual Effects
~ Scarlett Johansson.
~ Maria Hill is totally Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother.
Cons:
~ Lack of Antman and Wasp
~ Lack of Thanos as the Initial Villain due to the involvement of the Chitauri and the Cosmic Cube.

Favourite part:

Spoiler:

-Lightning flashes and Loki appears to be nervous-
Steve Rodgers: What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?
Loki: I'm not overly fond of what follows.

Spoiler:

Bruce Banner: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.
Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgaard and he is my brother!
Black Widow: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: ... He's adopted.

Rating out of 10:

9.5 out of 10

Links: