Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Moderator

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Interlude: The Harmony of Ash, Misty, and Brock

As the boat stopped at a port to refuel for the rest of the journey to Cianwood City, Jasmine met the group on the upper deck. "If it's okay, I'm going to go get some supplies on shore--it'll be at least another day before we reach Cianwood."

"Sure--the Pokemart's not far from the dock." Ash replied as he watched people come and go from the harbor.

"I did hear the captain say that if you wanted to get off the boat and explore a little, you could, but to be back here by sunset." Jasmine went on.

She pointed out a series of caves in the distance. "If you have a surfing Pokemon, you can explore the Whirl Islands, where it is said that the dragon bird Pokemon Lugia roosts."

Ash was surprised. "Really?"

"Should I play 'The Ballad of the Chosen One' for Jasmine?" Brock smiled.

"I don't think I've heard your song retelling the legend of Shamouti Island--even though I was the one that bugged you to write it and play it." Misty confessed, just as Jasmine returned with a Pokemart bag filled with potions and other Pokemon medicines.

"What's going on? Jasmine asked.

"Brock is a master singer, storyteller, and multi-instrumentalist, often setting legends and folktales to music." Misty explained as Brock retrieved his guitar and started tuning up. "One of the songs he's written tells an ancient legend from the far off Orange Islands that features Lugia."

"Okay..." Brock settled in a chair before the others, guitar in hand. "Far away from here, in a place called Shamouti Island, an ancient prophecy serves as both a warning and a promise of hope." he explains over a relaxed melody. "Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice and lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to ash."

He then announces "O Chosen One!" over a D major chord, making Jasmine jump. "Into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea..."

---------

"Aurora! Come on out!" Misty called, revealing a majestic blue plesiosaur-like Pokemon with a large shell on its back on the water.

"A Lapras is a great idea for exploring the Whirl Island caves." Jasmine smiled, Brock's song about Lugia still fresh in her mind. "But the maps of the caves don't say which one is Lugia's roost."

She turned to leave. "Enjoy exploring the caves...I'll be on the boat waiting for you."

"Okay!" Ash replied as he climbed aboard Aurora. "We'll be back by sunset!"

"Now, which cave do you guys think Lugia roosts in?" Misty asked as she unrolled a chart depicting four of the main caves that were closest to the port.

"That one!" Ash pointed out the cave on the top right of the chart.

"All right, we'll start there." Misty smiled as Aurora dutifully swam to the cave in question.

---------

"Whoa!" Ash gasped as the group emerged from the cave entrance onto a large cliff overlooking a huge waterfall.

"Unless you see a ladder, a zipline, or some other way of getting down, we'll have to turn back." Brock cautioned as he looked around the cliff, which was dotted with more cave entrances.

"Silly! There's a winding path to the bottom right here!" Misty grinned, gesturing to a stone pathway that zigzagged down the cliff to an alcove near the waterfall.

"Lead on, O Fearless Leader." Brock grinned as Misty led the way down the path.

The group emerged in a large room that mostly consisted of a large pool, where Ash noticed the eight Kimono Girls were gathered. "You guys! It's me!"

Sakura looked over and smiled when she saw Ash waving at her. "Ash, Misty, Brock, what a surprise! We were about to begin a naming ceremony for the resident Lugia of this cave, Aminta."

"Wait, Legendary Pokemon can reproduce?" Misty was surprised.

"Of course they can--they're no different than other Pokemon." Sayo explained. "While many of them have not been documented raising young, Lugia is one of the very few Legendaries whose reproductive cycle has been extensively researched."

"Lugia only have one or two chicks at a time, so when a baby is born, it is a time of celebration." Kuni went on. "The families of Lugia that roam in this area are named as a sign of their duty to guard and protect people all around the world."

Sayo smiled as the mother Lugia elegantly swam out into the large pool, her chick not far behind her. "Hail and well met, Aminta--we send our rejoicings and well wishes on the hatching of your child."

Te lei ze cra riou te ze... Sakura next started a holy song, reverently kneeling on the rock overlooking the pool where the mother Lugia and the chick nuzzled each other.

Cra riou ze te riou rei neu, riou ze...
    Va rei ze te, neu te riou te cra
    Riou rei cra riou ze rei va ze rei...
    Va neu va rei, va neu va ze rei!
    Cra riou cra neu te rei cra riou ze lei va
    Lei va neu cra te lei lei!

Te lei ze cra riou te ze... the other Kimono Girls joined in as they each set a censer of incense in the water as a symbolic offering to mother and child.
    Cra riou ze te riou rei neu, riou ze...
    Va rei ze te, neu te riou te cra
    Riou rei cra riou ze rei va ze rei...
    Va neu va rei, va neu va ze rei!
    Cra riou cra neu te rei cra riou ze lei va
    Lei va neu cra te lei lei!

Before Sakura could begin the second part of the ceremony, a loud crash got her attention. "What on earth?"

"Team Rocket!" Ash gasped when he saw Jessie, James, and Meowth float into the cave on what remained of their boat from before.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on this Legendary Pokemon!" Ash warned. Tintri sparking and Brock drawing his bow emphasized his point.

James smirked. "You and what army, hat-twerp?"

Ash heaved a relieved sigh as the Kimono Girls each summoned their Eeveelution partners. "Me and THAT army!"

Hold, Young Master. Aminta interrupted. It is forbidden to battle in this sacred place, so I will deal with these intruders.

After waiting for the chick to paddle into an alcove where it would be safe, Aminta charged a ball of blue energy and fired at Team Rocket, sending them flying through a large crack in the cave ceiling with a ping.

Is it safe to come out? the Lugia chick asked.

Those rogues will not trouble us any more...it's safe. Aminta replied as the chick paddled out before the group again.

"As I was saying before we were rudely interrupted..." Sakura began as the Kimono Girls recalled their Pokemon and Brock had put his bow away. "For your brave act in wanting to protect the young Lugia, Ash...we will allow you to give the chick a name."

Ash thought for a moment for a suitable name for the chick, but the sun streaming in through the crack gave him an idea. "Helios...his name is Helios."

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 08-16-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"