Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    Quinn
    Slateport City - Beach
    ARPers: Death's Spook (Derek)

As Quinn was leaving the beach to enter the actual city, he saw another person come forward. At least he wasn't the only person near the oceans. Yet, he spread his arms out as if he was going to give him a hug...?

"Hi! I'm Derek," he informed. "Are you looking for something?" It seemed he would be happy to help, but Quinn thought it a little...suspicious. Rarely anybody randomly comes up to you and asks if you want help anymore. Well, people do, but it usually seems that they have an ulterior motive. Although... Derek does seem like he wants to help just for the sheer... joy of it. The only thing that was holding Quinn back from accepting was the fear that he'd loot him. Yet, his Wigglytuff has been known to do it from time-to-time yet he still trusts her.

"I'm looking for supplies," Quinn answered. "I was just heading into the city itself to see if there were any loose supplies there." Well, if this mystery man did have some evil intentions, Quinn might as well milk his help for some supplies before he possibly turns. Before he decided to start heading towards Slateport, he felt a tugging on his shirt. It turned out to be his Wigglytuff, Custard, asking for his attention. It let out a quiet "Wiggly!" of happiness, indicating that she found something. It turned out to be a red, star-like jewel that she found. "Did you steal that?" Quinn asked his partner.

"Wiggly!" (No.)

"Alright, good..." He turned back to Derek. "So, would you mind helping out, Derek?"

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jacob
    Slate port Market>Slateport Pokemart
    Affected RPers: Spinelwolf, Dragotech

"I guess we are going hungry tonight." I said to Shruikan, who gave me a solemn look. This situation was becoming more and more common. Suddenly I had an idea.

"It is obvious Slateport has nothing for us. Why don't we leave?" I said, "I heard rumours of a Cycling road north of here. It used to act as a highway to Mauville. Probably still does. If we are lucky, we might find a bike there."

Shruikan barked happily. Luckily not too loud.

"We will head to the Pokemart first," I said, "See if there is anything."

Truth be told, I didn't have much faith in there being anything better in Mauville, or any of the other cities. But I was tired of constantly telling Shruikan we wouldn't be eating. He seemed happier than usual at the thought of somewhere new, and I hoped we wouldn't find something disappointing elsewhere.

We walked south, still making sure we weren't seen, and found the old Pokemart. But something was off. I went to turn the door, and found it unlocked. It could have been unlocked 6 months ago. Or 6 minutes. Either way I wasn't taking any chances.

"Swords Dance, Shruikan." I whispered, "Be ready to use Night Slash if need be."

I pushed open the door and walked in, finding a young man dressed in grey, with a Rampardos, peering over the counter.

"Be ready," I whispered to Shruikan.

"I guess the Pokemart was the obvious choice for food?l I said to the young man as I looked around at the empty shelves.

Spinel
    Slateport City - Poké Mart
    ARPers: Dragotech, The Operator

The young trainer took a deep breath when she heard the door open. She had her back flat against the wall behind the counter, her companion flat on his stomach on the tilted floor. The fire-type took a could quick sniffs and with a fore paw he moved a loose tile out of the way as quietly as he could. His trainer looked over to see that there were some items that were hidden in a shallow hole. Some length of rope and oran berries. Both would come in handy so she quickly took the items and placed them in her shoulder bag.

She then went still, hearing heavy footsteps heading in their direction. Again she flattened herself best she could behind the counter against the wall, but neither she nor her Pokémon could remain hidden when something looked over the counter. When the young woman looked up she saw red eyes staring down at her and her partner. For a moment they just stared until the dinosaur like Pokémon turned slightly and gave a call, most likely to its trainer. She heard a male voice sound in response, and she cursed under her breath. The Typhlosion huffed a bit, not happy about this situation either. What felt like longer than a mere moment later another set of eyes peered over the counter, and when their eyes met she tensed. It wasn't visible, at least not until another male voice called out. She couldn't help but feel fear tightening up her chest. One-on-one would normally be no problem, but now with someone at the only exit it could cause trouble.

"What do you want to do?" the fire-type asked his trainer quietly. "Stay and see if we can form alliances or fight our way out?"

The trainer took a deep breath to calm some of her nerves. The odds of getting out unharmed were not in their favor. Even if they couldn't form an alliance they could at least attempt to make a bargain for safe passage in the least. She was tired of fighting and repairing the damages to her clothing and equipment that came with the fighting.

"We all probably should have learned by now that the Mart would be completely bare. Guess we can't shake that little bit of hope that there is something of value left," she then said aloud, replying to the second male voice before standing. It was then that she learned that the other man was accompanied by an Absol. "I do hope that we can be civil. I cannot speak for either of you, but I for one would like a break from the constant fighting."

The Typhlosion was fully standing when his trainer finished speaking. He might not be able to see who all was was in the room, but he had a good idea were everyone was due to their scents and the sounds of their breathing. He didn't have his neck flame lit and looked rather calm, not wanting to provoke the other Pokémon by appearing to be in an aggressive state. Best not to start a fight that they weren't sure they could walk away from.

~Spin

Lv 100 @ 310
    VPP | ASB | Pokémon Y Team | YouTube
    Profile Picture/Avatar art drawn by Moro-Wolf on deviantart.com

Alexei Stratos
    Rustboro City - Pokémon Trainer School
    Affected RPers: Phantasm.Angel

Unfortunately for Alex, it seemed that the place had indeed been looted previously by somebody else. The most interesting thing she could find was an old radio, which she was fairly certain was useless without power. Still, she stuck the thing in her pocket, for if she found a power source she’d then be able to see if there were any large groups of people in one place. She hoped that there was, because she really wanted a challenge.

Feeling particularly defeated by this lack of loot, the girl fell into an uncomfortable chair and sighed. It really was lonely without other people around, she would admit, but what she missed most was battling. There was a time when she would travel the regions, participating in various tournaments held for various reasons. No matter how badly she did she was always hailed a prodigy for even qualifying, which only increased her drive for battle.

It was in one of these tournaments where she’d first seen her opponent fall to the Blackout, and though it had horrified her at the time, the man’s death (or coma, as it has been at the time) only made the victory more sweet to her. Eventually the thrill of killing her opponents replaced the praise as her reasons for battling.

The girl certainly knew that Killer had worked at bringing this feeling out in herself, for this had become all too clear when the hellhound had killed her old Breloom for not finishing off an opponent, and then proceeded to do it himself. With this memory in her mind, Alex wasted no time in scratching the bloodthirsty hound behind the ears for being such a good companion, and it was during this act that the beast let out three quick (and quite) barks, which was code for saying that somebody was approaching.

“Now remember, Killer,” the girl said with a dark smile, “we need to see if they’re useful to us first. If they are, you can kill them later. Got it?”

The hound gave her a reproving look, but didn’t question orders as he went and rolled up into a ball in a particularly dark corner of the room. Alex didn’t get up from her seat, but her eyes darted between the single door and window in the room so that she wouldn’t miss the newcomer’s entrance.

Kyle
    Inside the Slateport Mart
    Arpers: SpinelWolf, The Operator

Kyle looked at the young woman hiding behind the counter. He was fairly unsure what to do. He was definitely certain the building was not clear now though.

"I guess the Pokemart was the obvious choice for food?" Kyle looked over at the door. He shrugged and nodded. "Yeah, pretty much... Doesn't seem to be much food here." Kyle said under his breath.

"We all probably should have learned by now that the Mart would be completely bare. Guess we can't shake that little bit of hope that there is something of value left," the woman began, "I do hope that we can be civil. I cannot speak for either of you, but I for one would like a break from the constant fighting."

Kyle looked down at her, "Honestly, I don't feel like fighting today, you Gaia?" The Rampardos shook her head. She walked up and took a look at the strange Absol.

Kyle walked around keeping an eye on his Rampardos. He looked at some trash and debris and saw a little bit of something. A Full Heal? He slid it into his pocket and kept looking to see if there was anything at all edible.

Gaia standing near the Absol still cocked her head to the side grinning and called out a short greeting. She then moved to her trainer's side sniffing at shelves hopefully. She listened to the sound of her complaining stomach.
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Derek Chase
    Slateport Beach
    ARPers: Desperado (Quinn)

Derek smiled: this was already going so much better than his last conversation. Granted, he doubted that very much could go worse; that Camerupt's trainer looked quite disturbing, dead. It would have been a sobering reminder that these days, it would have been entirely possible for Derek to be six feet under instead, except that Derek was never the type to allow such things to sadden or frighten him.

Speaking of fright, the top Athena's tail was creeping towards the Wigglytuff across from Derek, completely indiscernible from the waves in the evening light unless one happened to be looking for it. Fortunately, Derek was an astute person, and he figured that Athena would attempt hostile action on the assumption that everyone else was better off dismembered. So, Derek smiled and called out,"Come on out from the waves, Athena, and meet our new friends."

Athena jumped from underneath the waves, completely shocked (and slightly annoyed, though it didn't show) that she didn't have to kill the Wigglytuff, and by extension, the trainer in front of her. She regained her composure quickly, though, and gave a slight smile, seeming completely normal.

Derek smiled at the not hostile trainer talking to him,"Athena and I have been wandering around. Unfortunately, there's been more than one unfortunate accident, so we have some non perishable food. I just ate fish with Athena, so do you want a bite to eat before we begin?"
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jacob
    Slateport Pokemart
    Dragotech, Spinelwolf

The blade on Shruikan's head was encased in shadows, and he was ready to attack, like I said.
    "Shruikan, they're fine." I said. The shadows disappeared and Shruikan sat down looking at the other Pokemon.

"So there is nothing here?" I said, "Damn it. I am leaving and wanted some supplies. I guess we are going hungry for a little while."

I walked towards the door and opened it.

"I am going to try and find a bike at the Cycling Road, and get out of here. I have been in Slateport for a while an there has been nothing." I said, "You guys can tag along if you like. I don't mind."

I walked out of the store closing the door behind me.

Kyle
    Inside the Slateport Mart
    Arpers: SpinelWolf, The Operator

Kyle looked over at Gaia, "You wanna go follow Weirdo One?" The Rampardos gave off a shrug and then a nod. "All right... Let's go..." Kyle took a moment to stop and look at the woman. "You want to come too? We all may need the extra hand now-a-days and seeing as you were hiding behind the counter... Yeah... you may want to come too for personal safeties sake."

Kyle walked out the door with his Rampardos grinning subtly. Apparently Slateport wasn't going to be one of her favorite places in the world. She was ready to move on to another place and maybe catch a bite to eat.
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Spinel
    Slateport City - Poké Mart
    ARPers: Dragotech, The Operator

In all honesty the trainer wasn't surprised when the two men decided to leave as soon as they saw how torn up and barren the Mart was. Though was surprised her was the offer to travel with them. She had been made that offer before, though rarely, and it always lead to something unpleasant. Namely those who offered to travel with her decided to turn against her and just use her. If it wasn't for the Typhosion that traveled with her then she would have been dead long ago. But instead of letting memories come forth she then turned her attention to the trainer who had entered first, the one with the Rampardos.

"You want to come too? We all may need the extra hand now-a-days and seeing as you were hiding behind the counter... Yeah... you may want to come too for personal safeties sake."

The brunette crossed her arms. She wasn't too surprised, but that didn't mean she was any less annoyed. Just because she was a young woman a lot of other trainers thought she was defenseless. She could hold her own just fine, even with some hidden altercations. Having a Typhlosion to back her up was just a beneficial bonus.

"Don't take it to heart, young one," the fire-type spoke, nuzzling her shoulder. "We both know you can take care of yourself, and that's all that really matters."

The female trainer sighed before she then jumped over the counter, not bothering going around it like her partner did just a moment later. Leaving the city wasn't a bad idea, and changing locations in a group could be safer than doing so alone. So she'd take the offer, if only for a while. She'd keep an eye on the other trainers and their Pokémon, however.

"I was only hiding in an attempt to avoid conflict, not that I can't handle it," she then said. "But after fighting for so long one's body can only take so much more. I was hoping that perhaps we could get a much needed breather." After another moment she spoke again.

"My name is Spinel, and my partner here is Rayner."

~Spin

Lv 100 @ 310
    VPP | ASB | Pokémon Y Team | YouTube
    Profile Picture/Avatar art drawn by Moro-Wolf on deviantart.com

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    Quinn
    Slateport City - Beach
    ARPers: Death's Spook (Derek)

Quinn saw a blue mouse pop out from some water and walked toward his new ally. At first glance, it looked like it was surprised that Derek was with him and not alone. But a second look proved him wrong by showing Quinn that the Azumarill was smiling. It didn't seem normal, though. Why would it be(e) so shocked to see someone new? Even in the apocalypse, it shouldn't be too surprising to see your friend talking to a random stranger about... about... Well, about anything, really. It could be all for survival. He shrugged off the thought about the Azumarill giving him a slightly dirty look and responded.

"Sure, it's probably a good idea to do so, first," Quinn replied. Food is a big priority (It doesn't have negative priority or a priority of 0, it has a priority of +2 if you know what I mean. ;D), even more so than any other need. Well, except for healing items, but he DOESN'T HAVE THAT, NOW DOES HE?

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]