Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kyle
    Inside the Slateport Mart
    Arpers: SpinelWolf, The Operator

"I was only hiding in an attempt to avoid conflict, not that I can't handle it," she then said. "But after fighting for so long one's body can only take so much more. I was hoping that perhaps we could get a much needed breather." After another moment she spoke again.

"My name is Spinel, and my partner here is Rayner."

Kyle looked back at her. "Kyle and my friend here is Gaia." Gaia growled a low contented growl and called a greeting. "She is probably a bit nicer than me, and I'm sure you could handle yourself, but you still looked pretty d@mn scared, and didn't exactly choose the most tactical position granted it would have made decent cover for an ambush if you planned on showing immediate aggression, but not for any other tactical purpose. Seriously, I don't think anyone wouldn't check to see if anyone was hiding there at some point."

He shrugged, "Sorry about that anyhow, it wasn't my intention to be rude." He thought for a moment. "And sorry about the lecture."

He turned to "Weirdo One." "Ready to head out?"
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Grassy_Aggron
    Enja Nirr/Jade
    Edge of Route 116/Entry of Rustburo City ---> Devon Corporation Ruins
    Affected RPers: None so far.

Enja peered at the remains of the towering industrial giant that scarred the landscape in the distance. "Scar" perhaps not being quite the right word, as the building had been built with an architecture even she could appreciate. Grand and imposing but also welcoming as any castle gate, she knew the steeple was not as she had once seen it, that it would only be a mockery of itself until it could be restored. Perhaps, in time, she could restore the once illustrious city itself. Devon had been a very innovative company that tried to balance both nature and mankind, finding a happy medium between the two. Its studies into dream technology had later been expanded on into the Dream World in another region, and its innovations with Pokeballs were well known alongside the Apricorns in Johto. She hadn't had the honor of working there, but the company she had worked for, Innoventions Inc., had taken on one of their problems and...well, sort of figured it out. They had made great progress until the Blackout happened.

She sighed. Her company had tried so hard to stay afloat as things happened. The main headquarters in Sootopolis City, had lost contact with the branch - her branch - situated in Slateport City, and as power had been lost, eventually, even their generator had failed, although she had made sure to take some precautions for the data to ensure its survival and eventual use. Now, however, she needed to establish contact. She knew, deep in her heart, that some of the isolated areas had to have suffered less damage and would be supporting technology...and if she could find a way to contact the main company, perhaps she could find out more information. When the Blackouts had happened, every company had shifted focus to trying to find a cure.

Devon was tasked with researching the Pokemon.

The Space Center turned its focus on seeing if the sun had anything to do with it.

Silph Co. was tasked with creating a cure.

Innoventions Inc. had to supply the needed materials.

Pokemon Centers and Marts had to do the distribution.

Gyms and the Elite 4, along with police, had to keep order.

Add on every other company, and it quickly began to develop into a worldwide effort. But the moment the order was lost, the chain of command began to collapse. Centers and Marts were overrun for a cure that, to her knowledge, never was developed. Devon collapsed here, and couldn't continue its research which had already proven to be helpful in slowing the disease. The Space Center went quiet as contact was lost with the rest of the world. Her company, in Slateport anyway, had power for the longest amount of time and held off looters, but even that went under.

She had to find a way to help. Because of the disorder she couldn't do anything for those that needed it, and one by one had watched her coworkers scatter or die. She knew some of them still had to be alive, and she was hunting for them, and any other engineers or specially talented people she could find. The more on a team, the better chances of getting things up and running again. To find a cure would take ingenious minds and technology that was present but broken.

<Enja, the building may have materials we need,> a soft mind touched her own, and she turned to look at her Aggron, a massive beast with a grey, rocky body and a metallic, triceratops helmet as well as armor. Unlike most, however, Jade's armor was a distinct green, as she had fed her fake emeralds since she was an Aron. Her Lairon phase had been a bit humorous, splotched with both normal steel and green tinted ones...Clearly, the most awkward of phases.

"I know," her voice came back in a soft whisper, "so let's go, Jade. Anything I can get my hands on, I could use it to fix. They had computers here. I don't hold any hope they work anymore, but if I can repair them..."

<We can find much needed answers.>

"Yes, exactly. Follow close." They began their quick move, armor and overalls, across the street, staying close to the rusting iron fence. She was quiet, and Jade equally so - the Aggron had learned to be light on her feet and stealthy, although maintaining a careful nature. I miss my workshop being by the ocean, but there may be hope for it yet...

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Jade Araceli.
    Rustboro Pokemon Center -> Devon Building.
    ARPers: Grassy_Aggron (Enja), possibly Phantasm.Angel (Perry) and Sieses (Alexei).

For several minutes, Jade methodically picked through the scraps that had been left in the Pokemon Center. She found a few cans of vegetables, which were welcome but not necessary to someone who had come prepared, but she did find something of value - a Super Potion. She recognized the orange canister peeping out of a pile of discarded latex gloves immediately. Much to her delight, it was still full of valuable healing solution. She quickly packed it into her bag and kept searching.

After Jade had finished with the supply room, she moved on to the others. Her hopes were low, but she found herself a bit disappointed even then. All of the emergency radios had been swiped, which was frustrating. She had been hoping to find one so that she could get a hold of other people. As much as she liked Asteria's company, having others to live with in this hellhole could be pleasant, and she could always leave if she found that she had come so far as to resent all human company.

Something glinted in the dim twilight, catching Jade's eye. She bent down and picked it up - some sort of keycard. It wasn't anything from the Pokemon Center, but it looked like it might be important. On the offchance any doors were still operational, that was. Part of her was tempted to leave it behind, but she decided not to. It wasn't going to be a burden, after all, and maybe it would come in handy.

Once Jade stepped outside the Center, she released Asteria again. The Togekiss tilted her head. "Did you find anything good?"

"Some canned vegetables," Jade listed, "a Super Potion, and some sort of keycard. No luck with the radio, though. Looks like Devon's the next best choice. They made Pokenavs once upon a time, after all."

"Good idea," Asteria said. "Do you want me to scout ahead again?"

Jade nodded. "Please."

With swift, graceful movements, Asteria took to the sky. When she returned, she looked a little nervous. "There's a girl out there, with an Aggron. She didn't seem very contentious, but it's impossible to tell for sure. They're right in front of the building. What should we do?"

For a few moments, Jade considered the options. "I'll go and talk to her. Stay airborne. If she gets hostile, blast the Aggron with your best Aura Sphere. Hopefully we can make friends. Sound good?"

"Okay," Asteria replied. "I'll be watching." Once more, she flew up, becoming just another Pokemon circling the city. Satisfied that she was in no imminent danger, Jade walked toward the Devon building. Sure enough, there was a girl there - although 'young woman' would be more accurate - with dark hair, a curious helmet, and a strange green Aggron.

Deciding that it would be safest to alert the other before approaching, Jade called out. "Hello, there." She held up her palms to show that they were empty. "My name's Jade. I'm trying to track down some form of long-range communication, and I have food that I can share if you'll help me. What do you say?"

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Perry Sterling
    Rustboro City, The Streets of Rustboro
    Affected RPers: Sieses

After much prodding on Chloe's part, her trainer reluctantly decided to investigate the source of the sound. After a final survey of the lobby of the Devon Corporation in case he had overlooked anything useful in the last five sweeps, Perry was ready to head out. But before he could take a second step, he felt a familiar tugging at his leg. He looked down to see his Pachirisu holding what appeared to be an old PokéNav and barely holding in her excitement about the find. Perry sighed and took it off of her paws, while Pickup was a useful ability to have after societal collapse, it did have the unfortunate effect of turning his Pokémon into a pack rat.

The trainer opened up the device without expecting much, and wasn't disappointed. Though their catchy jingles had pronounced otherwise, it was clear that the Pokémon Navigator, the so-called essential tool for trainers, could not survive the end of the world. The screen of the device was cracked down the middle, and when the display was pressed, colorful ripples shot out from the point of impact. Its power cell was dead and there was no way to recharge it with Hoenn's power plants abandoned. Still, Perry couldn't throw it away, not in front of Chloe at least, so he put it into his backpack while congratulating his Pachirisu on a useful find. It had the potential to be very useful, considering both the Match Call feature and the map installed in it, but the trainer couldn't begin to decide how he could fix it.

Picking up his Electric Pokémon and placing her on his shoulder before she could locate any more junk, the trainer walked through the door and out into the street. Chloe chattered quietly in his ear and pointed to the source of the noise she had heard, a boarded up building that once served as Rustboro's prestigious Trainer School. Knowing that stealth was not his strongest suit, Perry entered the front door of the building with his hands away from his body, palms out in what he hoped was the universal sign for "Please, don't kill me."

Perry and his Pokémon had done this many a time and had decided on a plan whenever they ventured into potential danger. If the situation turned threatening, Chloe would unleash a blinding Discharge attack and the duo would beat a hasty retreat. But instead of the pack of hockey-mask wearing bikers he had been expecting, the trainer found himself looking at a rather small girl sitting in her chair while a Houndoom stood at her side. Still, Perry and his Pachirisu didn't let their guard down. The girl's unreadable face was not altogether reassuring and the mere fact that she could raise a Pokémon known for its viciousness meant that there was little doubt that she was no victim.

As Chloe bristled on his shoulder, Perry stepped into the building's shade. "I come in peace," he said, feeling almost as lame as he sounded.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jacob
    Slateport City
    Affected RPers: Dragotech, Spinelwolf

I heard both people walk out of the store, and waited for them.

Shruikan gave me a strange look. A worrysome one.

Are you sure they can be trusted? If they attack us, I will struggle to take both of them.

I put my hand on his head, and scratched him behind the ears.

"There is safety in numbers," I said to him, "And if they turn on us, we run. We have run from plenty worse than these two."

I turned to face the two people.

"I'm Jacob. This is Shruikan." I said coldly. Even though I offered for them to travel with me, I didn't trust them. They hadn't earnt that.

"I am assuming you want to come with me, seeing as you have come out here straight after." I said, "I'm heading to the north gate now and leaving in an hour. If your there, thats fine and dandy. If not, good luck to you."

I walked north with Shruikan, straight to the gate. I had no possessions to collect, so all I had to do was wait.

Grassy_Aggron
    Enja Nirr/Jade
    Devon Building
    Affected RPers:
    Velocity (Jade Araceli)

It was certainly taller in person. Standing before the entrance of the building, the main doors had been busted down a long time ago, only closed in emergencies as the company was open 24/7...normally. Its great tan exterior had most of the windows broken, vines creeping up more on the side facing the grass than the weed infested, cracked stone pathways that bordered it, East and South. Up on the very highest floor and overhanging them was a great stone beast, mouth open and wings spread. It was a Dragonite statue, meant to show both courage and power, but also to be respected. That was what the Devon Corporation was, and always would be. When humanity and Pokemon alike pulled themselves out of this chaos, it would be remembered as it was. She began to take a step when her companion's voice breached her mind.

<We have company...>

Enja turned, noticing the woman approaching. She was younger than herself, but built very tall and muscular...and had an extremely noticeable knife on her left hip. Before she could respond, she called out a greeting, lifting her hands in the universal sign of no ill harm. What caught her interest was what she had to say next. "My name's Jade. I'm trying to track down some form of long-range communication, and I have food that I can share if you'll help me. What do you say?"

Enja couldn't help but start laughing. "Your name is Jade? How ironic! My Aggron's name is Jade!" Her companion seemed to offer a sheepish grin at that outburst. "Hi there! My name is Enja Niir. It's nice to meet you, although now I have to rename my friend here!" She held out her gloved hand for a handshake. "Seems we're both thinking about the same thing. I know one possible place to contact if we can get something working. I'm after the computers here. As for food, we can pool what we have, no problem! My Jade can always go out and hunt Zigzagoon if needed. I mean, I have some jerky I made from the last one she caught." She tapped her fanny pack. "It'll be nice having some help, seeing as I can't find any of my coworkers. Then again, I probably should have checked more areas...Hmm." In hindsight, probably a good idea.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Derek Chase
    Slateport Beach
    ARPers: Desperado (Quinn)

Derek smiled again, before plopping his pack down on the ground and rummaging through it, pulling out a can of tuna and some bread. He handed both to the trainer before saying,"Like I said, I already ate. But if you don't terribly mind, would you please tell me your names? I don't want to refer to you as 'trainer' and 'Wigglytuff.' We should also probably decide where to go, as I don't think just hanging around the beach, staring at the stars, is going to do much in terms of us not dying."

Meanwhile, Athena decided that she needed to redirect her excitement for a battle that wasn't going to happen into something more productive, and seeing the shiny star in her opposite number's hand gave her an idea. She plunged back into the waves and started rummaging under the waves, hoping to find something on or underneath the shallow seabed. Her ears gave her an advantage, allowing her to know where in the seabed there were likely to be things that would not appreciate her intrusion on their day.

Of course, she still liked to occasionally intrude on their day anyway (before ending it prematurely), but at least she knew what she was getting into.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Tya Pascol
    Rustboro City
    ARPers: N/A

Tya dragged herself over the border into Rustboro City. Heavily she collapsed on the concrete of the walkway that wound through the city before her and panted, hanging her head between her shoulders as her fringe reached for the ground. She expelled breaths at a constant and solid rate, trying to regain a sense of awareness before she planned to seek any sort of refuge. The looming towers around her seemed to provide the implication of safety, but she knew better than to immediately trust them. As well as safety, tall, suspicious buildings were also an open trap, beckoning weary travellers into their depths to corner them...lose them in an illusion of stability.

She was not going to fall for that again.

Pulling herself from the ground and becoming suddenly aware that predators could be lurking, she targeted a house not too far away, glued to the outskirts of the city. Many houses seemed to be grouped in the same general area, and it was in those abodes that she assumed she could find what she was always on the lookout for: supplies. Survival was not only something she sought for herself, but her companion as well. Supplies of any sort were difficult to come across, as most products were no longer manufactured. Society's collapse was only a few years in the past, however, so she was sure that plenty of the world's supplies were still in existence. She would have expected an overflow of them to be lying about somewhere, especially after more than half of the population dropped off the face of the earth without their worldly possessions, but scavengers had often proven her wrong on that front.

Wandering cautiously toward the house closest to her, Tya jumped when a taillow fluttered overhead, screeching a horrid call of what was presumably fear.

"The city is inhabited," a low, calm voice from behind her sounded, although she had not needed to hear the words to already suspect that they were accurate.

The sound of claws clicking on the concrete combined with the rustling of static fur brought her gaze to the side, where it flickered for but a second before returning to inspect her surroundings. "We won't be here long," she answered.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Jade Araceli.
    Devon Building.
    ARPers: Grassy_Aggron (Enja).

There was a small part of Jade that wondered uncharitably how such an excitable woman was surviving out here. Banishing the thought from her mind - looks could be deceiving - she gave Enja's hand a brisk shake. "It's good to meet you," she said, "although you don't have to change your companion's name on my account. That reminds me..." She whistled, prompting Asteria to swoop down and land beside Jade. The Togekiss waved a wing over her chest and dipped her head in a bow. "This is my friend Asteria."

It had been a while since Jade had met new people, so small talk was a bit tough for her. Moving into the building in the hopes of getting her new ally to follow, she said, "You mentioned coworkers and people you could contact. Were you a Devon employee? I don't know much about the company itself, save that they made devices like the Pokenav."

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Alexei Stratos
    Rustboro City - Pokémon Trainer School
    Affected RPers: Phantasm.Angel

Finally the door to the room opened and a huge man entered. At one point being as overweight as he was would have been reason to make fun of him, but the fact that he was still that overweight - despite the scarcity of food - meant that he was probably a really useful person to have a round.

Still, the girl had to question, was he really?

The girl’s eyes drifted off to his Pokémon - a Pachirisu, which wasn’t exactly the most violent of its typing. Still, they were still alive, weren’t they? That had to count for something, although Alex couldn’t think of what exactly that was.

“I come in peace,” the man said, holding his palms out in a manner that clearly stated that he didn’t want to get into a fight, thank you very much.

Alex allowed her brow to arch slightly as she took this in. He was a dork, of this she was sure, but that certainly didn’t mean he couldn’t still be useful. She had little doubt that he survived on cunning and not power, which would mean he probably wouldn’t mind having somebody with him who could fight off any threats. Furthermore, he could help the girl find food so that she could finally eat properly for the first time in years.

May as well get as much use out of him as she could before she set Killer on him, at any rate.

“Duly noted,” Alex said dryly. “Now, what other reasons do you have for coming here? While peace is well and good, I’m sure you have other motives as well.”

The girl shifted in her seat to a more serious pose, and drilled her emotionless gaze directly into the man. While there was no emotion to it, she found that most of the time people felt it better to answer her truthfully when under it, and so she saw no reason to stop now. Plus, if this man couldn’t handle one little look, then his continued existence was only a fluke that needed to be corrected as soon as possible.

The shadows shifted in the darkened corner of the room, because Killer knew as well as Alex that the answer to this question could very easily lead to the man being marked as useless, and that the girl would happily keep her promise to him.