Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Jade Araceli.
    Devon Building.
    ARPers: Rustboro people.

Once the present threat was gone, Jade signalled Asteria to land. The Togekiss touched down on the edge of the group; when Jade got off, she could clearly see the look of worry on her partner’s face. A quick once-over of the gathered Trainers quickly revealed the reason: one of them, a boy who looked too unfit to even be alive in this environment, had taken a Poison Sting.

However, Jade had little enough time to worry about that; she had to pay attention to what the girl they’d risked their lives for was saying. “So,” she said, once Hadley had finished saying her piece, “you’re a caravaner.” There was no accusation in her tone; more of an odd wistfulness. So many of them didn’t come back, all of whom were deeply missed.

<She’s a healer, too,> Asteria interjected. <If Enja wants to go with her, I say we go.>

After nodding to Asteria, Jade turned to Enja. “Asteria says go, and I think we don’t have a better plan. Both of us need technology and relative calm to be of any use. You can do what you like, but the more the better in the way of safety."

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Just Another Man Trying to Get By Grsspkmnmaster's Avatar
    Marleena Aller
    Fallarbor Town

Walking back up a hill behind the Pokemon Center, I started the trek up towards the Admin's house. Since the plague had started, and most of the infrastructure of the town had gone to pieces, there was a lot of chaos. However, we had found one guy who had a good idea how to fix everything up. His name was Samuel McDaniel, a civic engineer. Most of us joked about putting "Civic Engineer Extraordinaire" on the sign to his office, but only because he had certainly deserved it. He had studied in Johto, even worked on some of their public projects before getting called back to help deal with the Blackout. He was a friendly face around the community, and once we had figured out what this disaster was, it was fairly obvious that he should be put in charge of rebuilding all the stuff we needed to survive. He organized the work on the farms, though his big project was getting the generator for the town up and running.

I walked up the hill to the small camper which was parked at the top of the hill. A wooden sign staked in the ground read simply, "Samuel McDaniel, Civic Engineer". A little ways beneath the sign someone had painted "Town Admin" in black, though the lettering wasn't as neat as the rest of the sign. I walked up to the camper, leaves crunching under the feet of my boots. The camper as small and simple, but as always, it was lit brightly from the inside. I stepped up to the door and knocked twice, rapping my knuckles against the sheet metal door. I heard some stirring before Samuel's voice beckoned me in.

I stepped in and up the small stairway, turning to the home and makeshift office. Samuel stood with his back to me, hunched over his writing desk. He was one of the older residents in Fallarbor, but no one ever held it against him or mentioned it. His greying hair was tied back into a ponytail, his plaid shirt covered by the dirty blue jean-overalls which he almost never took off. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing arms that looked like they belonged on a younger man, muscles showing through the tanned skin. This wasn't a man who stood behind a computer and just directed. He built the things he designed. At least, when he had time and the patience for it. His Alakazam was sitting on the corner of the desk, apparently looking over the designs for the new irrigation setup we were supposed to install over the winter. It was a ways out, but there never could be too much planning in this town. Samuel turned around, "Oh, sorry to keep you waiting. Was just looking over these plans here." He wiped his already clean hands on a towel hanging off his shoulder, probably just from habit, before stretching it out to me for a handshake. "So, what brings you to my office?" His cheeriness seemed so off kilter from the situation, but I enjoyed it for once.

I shook his hand. "Admin, I heard the electrical crews need parts from New Mauville in order to fix the generators, but that no one really wants to make the trip. I was thinking I could go. Proteus and I could make the trip." I walked past him to point at a map of Hoenn on the wall. "I was thinking, we could circle around the base of Mt. Chimney, head towards Lavaridge and see if I can stay there in case I need to rest up from anything that happens between here and there. Then I head down to Mauville, and New Mauville's right around the corner. As long as those other towns haven't been wiped out, it shouldn't be too tricky." My finger traced the route I described, Samuel raising an eyebrow, one hand wrapped around his mouth in a pondering gesture. He thought it over for a bit. "Well, I suppose it could work... but I'd rather you don't go the trek alone. You'll need at least some good equipment to take you out that far." He sighed, "But I don't know what I have to spare, most of my supplies are either being used, or being taken apart in order to fix other things." However, he walked past me, sifting through boxes as if looking for anything which he could give me for my journey.

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Jin Leix
    Route 113, to Fallarbor Town.
    ARPers: N/A

The ash he had walked on and disturbed the way there was steadily being covered back up by the time Jin made it back to the house again. He wasn't bothering with it at all now: He'd prefer the Pokemon Center to a few shoddy healing items. He was fast in his pace, though not running: Running attracted bad attention.

Percival kept along, trying to keep Jin's pace. Being wounded like he was didn't make for a fun time in doing that, though he wasn't Paralyzed. If he was Paralyzed by that Thunder, then Jin would have had a rough day defending himself from any ambushes or the like. That wasn't the case, thankfully.

Doubly thankfully, Jin wasn't stupid. He'd run the hell away from whoever was trying to make him have a bad day, not stick around. He was smart enough to think twice about attacking a Weedle, in fear of the swarm of Beedrill that would result, so to speak.

On the other hand, it was likely that his trip back would be as uneventful as the trip forward, up until the Magneton appeared. It was also true that Jin succeeded in capturing another partner, which was a life-saving find. Or could be one, if he could utilize it properly.

And it didn't die on the trip there. It was barely capable of levitating after what Percival put it through. Granted, it was one tough cookie, though that was bonus on Jin's list. He wanted Tough Cookies on his side of the playing field.

If his team died, he died, and tough cookies were hard to kill.

(OOC: Short post is Short, bleh.)

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!