My New Artwork - The legendary Pokémon

Hello everyone, I made a new Pokémon Artwork about Articuno, it reminds me a lot of the League of Legends Anivia in which I had also done
    A drawing, with the different than the Articuno is much easier to draw. Simpler strokes.
    Hope you like it was done recently without sketch and using as main chalk material. Feel free to criticize, compliment, state your opinion or show your fan art :)

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I know you stated this was done without a sketch, but I feel you could have benefited a lot more if you had done a rough sketch beforehand; for Articuno. I like that you used chalk as a medium, so kudos for trying something different than usual. c: I do, however, wonder the point in sketching Articuno was if you were just going to ignore the sketch lines when colouring with the chalk (you seemed to colour outside the sketch lines?). In this case I think it might have been better to do a light sketch of Articuno, so it's barely visible, and then create the outlines with the blue chalk itself. Since you've gone over the sketch lines with the blue chalk anyway, it looks a little awkward to me to see the grey sketch lines beneath.

But your anatomy on Articuno is pretty well done, and I do like your use of colours in the background. The warm hue of the clouds do work well with the cooler tones of Articuno. I actually hate chalk myself. xD It smudges and gets everywhere and ugh. In my opinion chalk works much better as an abstract medium rather than in detailed drawings.

Good job! :D

3. This post has been liked by:

I agree with Gemma that sketches are always best! I mean, I'm not saying I'm a master because I'm certainly not, but I always do a block-out first, then go over that with a proper sketch, then go over that with lineart. But since you covered up the lineart anyway, like Lunar Latias said, a light sketch which wouldn't have shown up under the chalk would have been good to stick with.

Overall it's a really nice picture! Also agreeing with Gemma, the use of chalk is both brave and awesome. :D It's great to experiment with different mediums. It's also good for figuring out what you don't want to be drawing with in the future. XD

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I know you stated this was done without a sketch, but I feel you could have benefited a lot more if you had done a rough sketch beforehand; for Articuno. I like that you used chalk as a medium, so kudos for trying something different than usual. c: I do, however, wonder the point in sketching Articuno was if you were just going to ignore the sketch lines when colouring with the chalk (you seemed to colour outside the sketch lines?). In this case I think it might have been better to do a light sketch of Articuno, so it's barely visible, and then create the outlines with the blue chalk itself. Since you've gone over the sketch lines with the blue chalk anyway, it looks a little awkward to me to see the grey sketch lines beneath.

But your anatomy on Articuno is pretty well done, and I do like your use of colours in the background. The warm hue of the clouds do work well with the cooler tones of Articuno. I actually hate chalk myself. xD It smudges and gets everywhere and ugh. In my opinion chalk works much better as an abstract medium rather than in detailed drawings.

Good job! :D
    Hello friend, I love your comment !!! Thank you for the compliment, I'm very happy. I've been doing a drawing of Anivia with sketch once and I ended up spoiling the drawing I think because I put a lot of details and a lot of cracks, so I was afraid to do it wrong again with Articuno, so this time I tried to get lighter in the fill.
    As for the sketch, that's why I should have sketched it before, mainly because the plume on his chest and his head I was surprised at first.
    Chalk xD spot too much and charcoal pencil is much worse.
    I found this character simple, but I admit it is very rare and difficult to make a good drawing from the beginning without a sketch, getting it right at first is difficult, so much so that my drawing was not perfect

*Very good your sign friend happy new year...

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I agree with Gemma that sketches are always best! I mean, I'm not saying I'm a master because I'm certainly not, but I always do a block-out first, then go over that with a proper sketch, then go over that with lineart. But since you covered up the lineart anyway, like Lunar Latias said, a light sketch which wouldn't have shown up under the chalk would have been good to stick with.

Overall it's a really nice picture! Also agreeing with Gemma, the use of chalk is both brave and awesome. :D It's great to experiment with different mediums. It's also good for figuring out what you don't want to be drawing with in the future. XD

I agree with you, sketch is the main and is something more professional, in this drawing I went over everything, sketch, light, shadow ... in fact I just wanted to see if I could do without sketch. The anivia yes I drew another day I started with the sketch ... They are distant brothers xD

e.jpg

articuno.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GaryGBA View Post
    I agree with you, sketch is the main and is something more professional, in this drawing I went over everything, sketch, light, shadow ... in fact I just wanted to see if I could do without sketch. The anivia yes I drew another day I started with the sketch ... They are distant brothers xD

e.jpg

articuno.jpg
    Haha, it did turn out pretty well considering there's no sketch! I always rely on sketches so you're braver than I!

On an unrelated note, on the forum we tend to avoid double-posting by editing the previous post. :] You can quote multiple people at once by pressing the button on the first, then the button on the second. :D You can quote multiple people in a single post by using that first one. ^^ Alternatively you can use the @ symbol followed by usernames to respond to people. :]

10. This post has been liked by: