Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

These guides are so amazingly in depth! It's crazy, I've been working with graphics and colors for a while now and I kind of felt these concepts and art aspects behind the scenes, but never really thought about them until you pointed them out and brought them much more into the open. Like the whole shading of yellow thing. I kind of accepted the mustard colors that came out of it and just decided to roll with it. It definitely comes up when you do the shading on a Pikachu picture. Like you mentioned, it's best not to go too dark on that kind of shading or yeah, you get some ugly colors coming up.

But yeah, this is definitely a great guide that yearns to be studied and put into practice. You've definitely opened my eyes a lot more to this stuff and it's definitely something I want to try out the next time I make an art piece.

Thanks for making this! It definitely looks like it took quite a bit of time to write up and piece together, but I definitely think this will help a lot of people get better. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    These guides are so amazingly in depth! It's crazy, I've been working with graphics and colors for a while now and I kind of felt these concepts and art aspects behind the scenes, but never really thought about them until you pointed them out and brought them much more into the open. Like the whole shading of yellow thing. I kind of accepted the mustard colors that came out of it and just decided to roll with it. It definitely comes up when you do the shading on a Pikachu picture. Like you mentioned, it's best not to go too dark on that kind of shading or yeah, you get some ugly colors coming up.

But yeah, this is definitely a great guide that yearns to be studied and put into practice. You've definitely opened my eyes a lot more to this stuff and it's definitely something I want to try out the next time I make an art piece.

Thanks for making this! It definitely looks like it took quite a bit of time to write up and piece together, but I definitely think this will help a lot of people get better. :3
    Yeah, this guide and the other comic one I did both took a few hours each! I try to be clear with my thoughts, so hopefully everything went through well!

A lot of this is something that most artists tend to figure out instinctively over time, but for newer artists- it's something that I find really useful to be shown to them so they don't spend that entire phase with ugly yellows. xD They're definitely things to keep in mind while working.

Art is very subjective, but these theories and guidelines have existed for a reason- because they generally produce very eye-pleasing results! I think everyone should brush up on at least basic color theory. It goes a long way!

3. This post has been liked by: