Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh great people complaining about the electoral college even though this is the fourth time it's happened. You should be complaining about gerrymandering if anything but that's just from the perspective of someone who has been studying this slowmotion train wreck for two years.

I will apologize in advance if i seem a bit salty but quite honestly I just am so tired about people complaining about him being elected. It'd be one thing if this were a class but like I went to a book festival following the election and except for two panels THAT IS ALL THEY TALKED ABOUT. I was so pissed, still am. And then, as if to run salt in that wound, a Trump protest broke out in the middle of it. Like props for using your first amendment rights, good on you there, but that infuriated me because I did not drive four hours and pay a bunch of money to hear about what I've been studying for two years. I just wanted to scream for like half the festival.

Anyway, having gotten that disclaimer out of the way, for me it seems like most of America still is complaining about him being president. Hate to break it to you folks holding out but odds are we're stuck with him so take a note from Elsa and let it go. Now, if you voted, you can complain all you want about his current policies. I'd want to complain too if I didn't know enough people to have a civil discussion with (perks of the major). If you didn't vote, well then just ask Neo what I think about you people. Unless you can't vote, in which case, eh you're in the middle ground I guess.

Nevertheless, the point is, all I see is people complaining about him. EVERYWHERE. And while certain people certainly are entitled to that, at this point I'm so sick of it I'm just indifferent to anything Trump does. Like when he first got elected I just went "oh well now we're stuck with him". And like I said in a previous thread, I gotta give him some credit, he is actually doing what he said he would do.

Since we've never had a case like this before I can't really see where this is going but with incidents like BREXIT and other examples floating around in the past few years, it's still a wonder to me why people don't educate themselves on certain issues before they speak up. And I'm not saying none of you did, but on my college campus, a lot of people haven't and it drives me nuts because they won't let someone who has spent two years of their life already analyzing this Cheeto and is now about to spend four more years doing it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Oh great people complaining about the electoral college even though this is the fourth time it's happened. You should be complaining about gerrymandering if anything but that's just from the perspective of someone who has been studying this slowmotion train wreck for two years.

I will apologize in advance if i seem a bit salty but quite honestly I just am so tired about people complaining about him being elected. It'd be one thing if this were a class but like I went to a book festival following the election and except for two panels THAT IS ALL THEY TALKED ABOUT. I was so pissed, still am. And then, as if to run salt in that wound, a Trump protest broke out in the middle of it. Like props for using your first amendment rights, good on you there, but that infuriated me because I did not drive four hours and pay a bunch of money to hear about what I've been studying for two years. I just wanted to scream for like half the festival.

Anyway, having gotten that disclaimer out of the way, for me it seems like most of America still is complaining about him being president. Hate to break it to you folks holding out but odds are we're stuck with him so take a note from Elsa and let it go. Now, if you voted, you can complain all you want about his current policies. I'd want to complain too if I didn't know enough people to have a civil discussion with (perks of the major). If you didn't vote, well then just ask Neo what I think about you people. Unless you can't vote, in which case, eh you're in the middle ground I guess.

Nevertheless, the point is, all I see is people complaining about him. EVERYWHERE. And while certain people certainly are entitled to that, at this point I'm so sick of it I'm just indifferent to anything Trump does. Like when he first got elected I just went "oh well now we're stuck with him". And like I said in a previous thread, I gotta give him some credit, he is actually doing what he said he would do.

Since we've never had a case like this before I can't really see where this is going but with incidents like BREXIT and other examples floating around in the past few years, it's still a wonder to me why people don't educate themselves on certain issues before they speak up. And I'm not saying none of you did, but on my college campus, a lot of people haven't and it drives me nuts because they won't let someone who has spent two years of their life already analyzing this Cheeto and is now about to spend four more years doing it.
    I understand your frustration. I can’t fault you for that. I think the biggest issue is that people don’t understand how such a disrespectful, selfish man was elected to govern the lives of many. I think that worries a lot of people, including myself. But hey, I wish him nothing but the best.
    τι ζωή

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I understand your frustration. I can’t fault you for that. I think the biggest issue is that people don’t understand how such a disrespectful, selfish man was elected to govern the lives of many. I think that worries a lot of people, including myself. But hey, I wish him nothing but the best.
    I agree, I think people aren't not as educated on issues such as this as they should be. It worries me as well, don't take my previous post the wrong way. I'm just tired of hearing people complain, ESPECIALLY if they are able and didn't vote. It grinds my gears. I pay thousands of dollars to hear about it and study it. I kind of don't want to hear about it outside of that, especially when I take a vacation explicitly to get away from it.
    / / / / / / / /

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I agree, I think people aren't not as educated on issues such as this as they should be. It worries me as well, don't take my previous post the wrong way. I'm just tired of hearing people complain, ESPECIALLY if they are able and didn't vote. It grinds my gears. I pay thousands of dollars to hear about it and study it. I kind of don't want to hear about it outside of that, especially when I take a vacation explicitly to get away from it.
    If one doesn't vote, it's best to stay quiet. You were quiet when you had a chance to use your voice and didn't, so why choose to use your voice after the fact, you know?

The complaining does get exhausting. I'm sure it'll eventually simmer down with time. The complaints are always more prevalent during the first 100 days, no matter who's in office.
    τι ζωή

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    If one doesn't vote, it's best to stay quiet. You were quiet when you had a chance to use your voice and didn't, so why choose to use your voice after the fact, you know?

The complaining does get exhausting. I'm sure it'll eventually simmer down with time. The complaints are always more prevalent during the first 100 days, no matter who's in office.
    I'm glad someone agrees. Now if they can't vote, that's a different story. I have friends that are 17 who can't vote because of where they live and that's fine, because they still know what they're talking about and if they could vote they would have,

This is true. I often forget that fact. The last time we had a first 100 days I was in middle school so I did not pay much attention at the time, understandably.
    / / / / / / / /

8. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Yeah, if you can’t vote, that’s different. If that’s the case, I encourage civil discussions. Research and ready yourself so that you may use your voice when you’re legally able to.
    τι ζωή

10. This post has been liked by:

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    I don't know, I think I'd rather listen to an informed non-voter than a voter who voted without a lot of knowledge on the issues. If they made the conscious decision to not vote because they disliked both candidates who are we to silence them, or ignore them? I've never understood that position. It's one thing if someone didn't vote because they didn't care, and then complain because they didn't like the outcome. It's completely different if someone makes the choice to abstain because they don't support either candidate. It was the biggest game of would you rather, and some people just didn't see the benefit in playing. One of my friends put it to me pretty well when he said "Would you rather be shot in the face or stabbed in the back?" At the end of the day the distinction is minimal. The only difference is the group of people whining.

Look at some of the more vocal people who are anti-Trump. Steve Harvey got a lot of flack for having a conversation with Trump, Jennifer Holiday said that people were threatening her life if she performed at the inaugural ball. Chrisette Michelle got blasted by her peers and fans alike and had a track for one of Spike Lee's new netflix projects removed for following through with her word and performing at the ball.

It's just as bad with the average person. The alt-right and extreme left are standing on either side of the aisle and calling each other names instead of trying to meet in the middle and finding common ground.

It's a symptom of the world as a whole, we're spending more time with our ears closed and our mouths open than the other way around

12. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie Mistake View Post
    I don't know, I think I'd rather listen to an informed non-voter than a voter who voted without a lot of knowledge on the issues. If they made the conscious decision to not vote because they disliked both candidates who are we to silence them, or ignore them? I've never understood that position. It's one thing if someone didn't vote because they didn't care, and then complain because they didn't like the outcome. It's completely different if someone makes the choice to abstain because they don't support either candidate. It was the biggest game of would you rather, and some people just didn't see the benefit in playing. One of my friends put it to me pretty well when he said "Would you rather be shot in the face or stabbed in the back?" At the end of the day the distinction is minimal. The only difference is the group of people whining.

Look at some of the more vocal people who are anti-Trump. Steve Harvey got a lot of flack for having a conversation with Trump, Jennifer Holiday said that people were threatening her life if she performed at the inaugural ball. Chrisette Michelle got blasted by her peers and fans alike and had a track for one of Spike Lee's new netflix projects removed for following through with her word and performing at the ball.

It's just as bad with the average person. The alt-right and extreme left are standing on either side of the aisle and calling each other names instead of trying to meet in the middle and finding common ground.

It's a symptom of the world as a whole, we're spending more time with our ears closed and our mouths open than the other way around
    If one legitimately is informed and ultimately decides that he/she would rather not vote, I have to respect that. I think I'm speaking more about those that don't care, don't vote, then pretend to care by complaining.

I could've been clearer, that's my fault.
    τι ζωή

14. This post has been liked by: