Thread: Silly Stories!

Silly Stories!

SILLY STORIES!

They're fun. I promise.

Grace. What are you doing.
    8D Well, I wanted to introduce you guys to silly stories! Now, these are a type of story that I used to do as a kid with my brothers. But they were different back then, and have evolved into something much better and rather amusing. I used to do them all the time with one of my friends, and I wanted to share how to do it with everyone because it is fun.

Okay, well you got me interested. What do we do?
    A silly story is essentially a story that two people write. It can include more than two people, but typically I only wrote them with one other person. What you do is that you write a little, then copy and paste a few words, and the next person continues on from that and doesn't get to see the rest of what you wrote, apart from part of the line you showed them. This is likely confusing and without detail just yet, but I'll explain properly in a second.

Origins of these stories
    Me and my brothers used to grab a regular piece of lined paper, and write a few lines, and then, for instance, on the fourth or so line, we would only write a few words. We would then fold the paper over so you couldn't see anything of what they just wrote except the few words of the fourth line, which the next person would continue on from and write a few lines, then fold it over again so only a few words of their fourth or so lines could be seen. We would continue this until we had a full page, then unfold everything and read it all together. It used to be very incoherent and rather hilarious.

How to play it with a person online
    So this is the way me and my friend worked it out:
    1. Chat on an IM messenger.
    2. Open up Word, or a program like word, such as OpenOffice or Wordpad. Notepad is balls, so don't use that.
    3. Decide on a set few characters to use for your silly story, so you have SOME coherency to your story.** This does not mean you cannot add more characters as the story progresses.
    4. One person starts, and writes a few lines. Let's say they write two lines, and then on the third line, they write a few words. This is an example using Ash, Misty and Brock.
      Spoiler:
    5. The first person copies "not very inclined to" and pastes it into the chat window, then posts it so the person they are playing with can see the few words they have to go off. You do not show your partner the other text you have written of the story so far, because that is the whole point.
    6. The second person copies and pastes "not very inclined to" into their word document, at the top of the page, and then start a new paragraph which is the continuation of the few words that they were given to go off.
      Spoiler:
    7. After the second person writes their li'l paragraph, say two lines, the words on the third line ("a piece of paper so she could") are copied and pasted into the first person's document again, so they can continue it in their document the same way the second person continued on from the first person's excerpt before.
      Spoiler:
    8. This process repeats until the two players decide to finish up the story, and then you may copy and paste your paragraphs in order of how you wrote them. Do not copy the other person's isolated few words that you had to continue off, since that will be at the end of their paragraph. i.e. The second person does not copy "not very inclined to," as the first person already has that in their paragraph. This is why I leave a space between the words you continue off and the paragraph you write. It's easier to just select the paragraph and not have any double copy and pasting.
    9. When the whole story has been posted in the IM window, what I always do is highlight the story and then copy it and paste it into the document you just used for writing your part of the silly story. Then you erase all the timestamps that the chat leaves, and read it!

This can be extremely amusing. Especially when characters end up sabotaging themselves.

**Coherency point: Yes, it is a silly story, and it can be as random and weird as you like, but it is good to have SOME sort of consistency because otherwise, it might not be as funny. If you have no set characters to roll with, you start talking about other characters and it causes the story to become more random, but not nearly as funny. It might also be a good idea to have a very, very loose plot, such as "they go on an adventure to save a princess" or something, as this can provide good grounding for a direction the story can go in and progress in funny ways. That being said, do NOT place too many restrictions on your story, as then it can become too scripted. Finding the right balance is generally easy, but might take a few tries. x)

Also, do not put a limit on the amount of lines you can write before you do that last line with the few words you copy and paste to your partner. Sometimes I have written maaaany lines, and it's worked out just as great, especially if you get on an roll of rambling. Remember, the aim of the story is to be as funny as possible, so make it RANDOM!

Okay, I think I get it...can you show me an example?
    BUT OF COURSE! Me and DHPflareon, my awesome Swedish friend, did a silly story just last night. It was his first one, and my...I dunno, 40th/50th probably? Who knows. XD Anyway, I shall post it in the post below.

So that's pretty much it for silly stories! I would LOOOOOOOOVE to see people's silly stories they write with friends. You can, of course, do it with more than just two people, as it follows the same structure but everyone takes it in turns. Pretty simple. So! Post them in this thread for all to see, or feel free to create your own thread just like a normal story to show people! 8D Doesn't matter! If me and DHPflareon do more silly stories, I'll post a thread with a continuation of them, sort of like very inconsistent "chapters" of one long silly story. XD Another thing you can do is little illustrations to go with them, which can be very fun as well!

If you have any questions, let me know! 8D

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 03-24-2016 at 03:29 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Example story:

Silly Story: The Adventures of Two Flareon, a Pikachu and a Sneasel

By Suicune's Fire and DHPflareon

Suicune's parts are bolded, and DHPflareon's parts aren't.

Nova, flareon - DHP
    Seth, pikachu - DHP
    Dusty, flareon - Grace
    Zhol, sneasel - Grace

One day, Dusty was walking along and she ran into a tree. “How dare this tree be in my way!” she yelled, and suddenly the tree burst into flames. She stared at it in horror and narrowed her eyes, turning to Zhol. “ZHOL! Quick! Put out the fire!” Zhol obeyed and raced to Dusty’s side, but instead of using ice to put the flames out, she threw a

rock and it missed Seth´s head by a few inches. The pikachu looked at her with an angry face. “Why are you throwing rocks at me!

It hurts!” yelled Nova, and Dusty stopped throwing rocks and stared. “Oh..sorry.” She put the rocks down and cleared her throat. “Anyway, where to now?” Suddenly lightning bolts raced across the sky. Dusty’s eyes grew larger than melons and she stared up, spotting a pikachu flying after the lightning. “What the heck?” she questioned, before realising that the pikachu was flying directly toward her! “AAAHHH!” she yelled, but didn’t think to move before

the flareon fell into the water and disappeared with a big *Splosh*

Nova landed in the pond. He began to swim hopelessly about, and at one stage Dusty thought he was about to drown. “I’LL SAVE YOU!” she yelped and then stopped right before she was about to walk into the water. “Oh no wait. I won’t. Because you

told me that you heard a voice in your head and you are afraid of

yellow spiders with funny looking faces!” Everyone gasped and looked at Seth. “What?!” he grumbled, crossing his arms. “I have weird fears, okay?” Dusty rolled her eyes and pointed to water. “Well at least my fear is logical!” Zhol only shook her head. “I think we should keep moving,” she told everyone seriously, and they all looked at her. “Why?” Dusty asked. “Because,” Zhol continued, “we have to find the sacred key that will lead us to the magical

kingdom of Arilia and there we will find the orb of wisdom that we can use to

clean out the lake with.” Zhol didn’t know what he was talking about. “I cleaned that lake out a few days ago because it was overrun with magikarp,” she told him angrily, and Nova only expelled a fireball in their direction. “Come on, let’s keep moving!” So they crossed the lake and Dusty almost fell in. “Hurry up!” Seth yelled. “You’re being really

stupid, you know that? why would she like you when you are so mean” Seth just grunted and walked away leaving a frustrated Nova behind. He walked slowly towards

the door, mesmerised by the inscription beside it which read: “Dusty, if you do not do what I say, you will have another baby eevee.” Suddenly Dusty whirled around and glared at Nova with fiery eyes. “WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!” she exclaimed, lighting on fire suddenly. “DID YOU PUT THAT THERE?!” But Nova didn’t know what she was talking about! “No, no, that wasn’t me, I swear!” he protested, but Dusty knew better than to trust him after he had done it the first time. “I. DON’T. WANT. MORE. KIDS!” she exclaimed, stomping towards him. Nova cowered against the door, but suddenly the door opened and he fell through. Dusty chased him into the room and found herself on a great big bed of

flowers. She spun her head around and saw Nova sleeping near a tree not far from her “How did I end up here?”

he thought to himself. “And I thought getting a random fridge was weird...” Seth glanced around and tried to inspect the room a little. “Did someone kidnap me?” Suddenly the wall collapsed and a tank rolled in with Nova in the front seat. “Jump on!” he yelled, and Seth, bewildered by the random intrusion, could only stare in confusion. Suddenly Dusty

appeared from behind and tackled him sending him flying and face plant the ground. Nova got up and

began to do a little dance. “Uhh...what are you doing?” asked Dusty, and Nova narrowed his eyes. “I’m...not sure...” he said, and stopped dancing. “We’re almost there!” called Zhol and Seth from up ahead, and pointed to where the castle stood, looming over them. “What are we going to find there?” asked Dusty, and Nova turned to her dramatically. “DEATH.” Suddenly the ground began to shake, and from it emerged a giant

red demon with a bloody apron and a giant clever. The demon grinned and ran towards them. "Mmmm…fresh meat!"

And I am soooo hungry,” he said. Nova only narrowed his eyes and looked to the others. Dusty shrugged. “HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS?!” yelled Seth, and threw his sword (which his bigger than him) at the Butcher. The snorlax with a large apron only caught the sword and swallowed it whole, saying, “Look! I trained to be a sword swallower when I was just a munchlax.” Dusty growled at him and shot a fireball his way. However, that only made him

angrier and his red body began to glow with a sinister red light. He swung the clever towards Seth who parried it with an iron tail of his own but he was sent flying and landed safely a few feet away. Nova fired a plasma bolt but it missed its target and

hit Nova in the face. “AHH THAT HURT!” He screamed and was sent backwards, rolling multiple times and collecting tiny pachirisu along the way which got lodged in his bushy tail. “What the heck. Where did they come from?” asked Dusty with a raised eyebrow, sort of confused. “I DON’T KNOW, BUT HELP ME FIGHT!” yelled Nova, and Dusty rolled

to the left the cleaver missing her by a few inches. “We got to finish this thing off now!” Seth Shouted and began to build up lightning in his body. He fired off a giant thunderbolt that hit the demons clever, zapping it with so much electricity the he exploded.

Everyone cheered and clapped, and Nova and Dusty had a flareon party. Everyone was invited, and Zhol and Seth dressed up like flareons. They burnt all the cupcakes and the day ended with Dusty chasing Nova like a maniac because she really wanted fresh, golden-brown baked goods. Not burnt ones.

THE END!
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 03-24-2016 at 03:34 AM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. DHPflareon's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHA NICE PICTURE I LOVE IT!

XD THANK YOU I WORKED SOOOO HARD ON IT. Spent all of a few minutes doing it. XD

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Notepad is balls, so don't use that.
    XDDDDDDDDDD Straight and to the point. Excellently done!

This definitely does seem like it would result in some pretty fantastic stories. I should try this some time.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Hahahahahahahahaha XDXDXD Oh god, I love these! They're like Mad Libs, but better XD

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    XDDDDDDDDDD Straight and to the point. Excellently done!

This definitely does seem like it would result in some pretty fantastic stories. I should try this some time.
    XD No sugar-coating required!

YAAAAAAY! I know right? XD I can tell you now that it does. Indeed it does. You should! 8DD

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha XDXDXD Oh god, I love these! They're like Mad Libs, but better XD
    XDDD Hahah, awesome! lol I just had to go Google "mad libs" BUT YES, THESE ARE BETTER! XD

~SF.

This. This is freakin' hilarious! And a fun idea! ^^ I totally want to try this with someone sometime! :D

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Haha awesome! XD We could do one together sometime if you like! I reeeeeeeally wanna read one that someone has done. xD

~SF.