I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Pokemon: A Game of Luck

Hey people!
    It has been a year since I finished writing my first fan fiction (if you are interested in reading PM me) and I have decided to pass the time by writing again.

So I would like to present:
    Pokemon: A Game of Luck

Enjoy!

Contents
    ~Prologue: Memories

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Prologue: Memories
    "I don't know why you keep challenging me." Lucy said, as she called her Dustox back to it's Pokeball. She didn't even try to hide the smile on her face. "I was born lucky. Every time you have been close to beating me, something has happened which stuffed you up. You can't win."
    Caden said nothing, as he stood up. The eight year old pulled out the Pokeball from his pocket, and pressed the button. A beam of red light emerged from the button, engulfing Altion, Caden's Trapinch.

"You are four years older than me," Caden said quietly, "Of course you are going to win. I just want to show I am just as good as you."

Lucy laughed, and walked over to her little brother, looking down on him.

"If you were really as good as me," Lucy said, smirking, "you would have beaten me at least once by now."

"Kid! Now isn't the time to go blank!" Said a voice from behind Caden. There was a gush of water, followed instantly by a flash of light, by Sear's Fire Blast. The attack evaporated most of the hydro pump, but what got through hit the Blaziken, knocking it down.

"Come on Sear!" Caden yelled hopelessly. The fire type wasn't going to be getting back up soon. He called Sear back to his Pokeball, and grabbed the last one left. Altion. In the ten years since the battle with Lucy which was imprinted into Caden's mind, Altion had evolved twice, now being a mighty Flygon.

"Your Blaziken held its ground well." Juan said, as his Kingdra swam in the water in front of him, "But it was never a fair match, against a water type. So what next?"

Cadem looked at the situation, and assessed it. The only Pokemon he had left, Altion, had a huge disadvantage, but there was no other option.

"What next?" He said, "Next, I will show you that if you know what you are doing, type advantages mean nothing."

Caden threw the Pokeball up above his head, as it split open, and white light erupted from it, taking the form of a dragon. Altion flew laps around the room above the heads of everyone.

"Ice beam!" Juan yelled. Kingdra's mouth opened as pale blue light poured from it, freezing everything it hit. The attack barely missed Altion, who continued to fly around the room.

"Nice job Altion," Caden yelled, "Now Sandstorm!"

Altion stopped moving for a few seconds, hovering in place, as sand began to fall from underneath his wings. He flew around the room, dropping more and more sand, and blowing it around the room until Caden was forced to put his goggles over his eyes.

"Now is your chance!" Caden yelled, "You can get close! Use Dragon tail!"

Altion flew up into the air, then diving down, and flipping forward. His tail glowed, as he slammed it into the water Pokemon. The water splashed everywhere, hitting the Flygon, as the Kingdra went underneath the water.

Flygon returned to Caden's side, as the sand began to clear. After a few seconds, Kingdra floated to the surface of the water, not moving. Juan called the Kingdra back to it's Pokeball, admitting defeat.

Half an hour later, the spectators had left, and Caden stood opposite Juan, who held in his palm, the rain badge. The final badge.

"You are extremely lucky, to be able to win under those circumstances." Juan laughed as he handed Caden the badge.

"Thanks," Caden said as he took the badge, "But it isn't luck. My sister got by on luck. I fight. And I keep fighting until I win."

"So this is your eight badge?" Juan asked, as he saw Caden put the badge with the other seven, "Do you plan on taking on the Pokemon League next?"

"Not exactly," Caden replied, as he turned to the door, "The Battle Frontier first. About time my sister and I had a rematch."