Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You shouldn't be afraid

What are your fears?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have two pretty big ones. The first is I'm afraid of the dark. When I was a kid I was forced to watch goosebumps at night by my "friends" and even though looking back it wasn't that scary, to a five year old it was terrifying. There's a reason I have never touched anything of that series since. Ever since if I don't have some sort of light illuminating the room, either through a window or a night light, I tend to start to freak out. It's stupid, yes, but I just have never been able to get over it. The second is dying without anyone knowing. I know that sounds strange but since most of you don't know who I am in real life, I'm afraid one day I'll just disappear and you'll never know what happened to me. And that absolutely terrifies me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Crippling debt. But if I saw I was running out of money, I'd stop using credit cards and take whatever scrappy job I could get to avoid it. I just hate owing money. Plenty of times, I even pay credit cards early just to clear out the balance to zero again (if it wasn't for the rewards points, I'd be using debit cards all the way). It feels refreshing in the same way brushing your teeth feels refreshing. And that was one big thing I didn't like about Animal Crossing. You get your own house, but boom, you have to pay off the debt. That instantly put me in an unhappy place. XP Debt, to me, feels like a curse, like a stain, and like an enrollment to temporary slavery. Until you don't owe that person anything, you're chained in an obligation. It's a sucky feeling.

I also fear death a bit. Like Noble said, it just feels very unsettling to think that after you die, sixty or so years later, you may never be remembered unless you manage to create some kind of legacy that gets passed on through time, like a famous book or piece of art. And most people aren't able to do that in their lifetime. Your headstone may be the only indication you ever existed and even that can wear down and disappear. What comes after death is also a question. As a Christian, I'd like to think I know, but there's always that uncertainty. I have hopes, but on the other hand, there's a side that tells me "be ready for anything." I've seen both sides of the coin and both fields of the debate and everyone's got valid points, but both sides can't be correct. So who is? All we can do is take our best guess with the limited information we have and hope for some kind of happiness in one way or another.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I don't fear death so much as the process of dying. Namely, dying of old age. That sounds absolutely horrific and I'm afraid I'll go that way. Especially if it comes with a disease that makes you lose your mind, forget who your family are...I hope I die well before that point. Death itself doesn't bother me in comparison, since it's not like I'll be around to care when I'm gone.

I've also recently (within this past year) become afraid of needles and medical stuff. I never was before, but after two times where I started passing out when I was getting needles I associate it with that and that causes the fear. This worries me, because it's one of the WORST things you can be afraid of. However, unlike a lot of people who are afraid of needles, I don't mind reading about it, seeing pictures of needles or anything like that. Just that I'll have to get one and pass out again...

I'm also really irrationally afraid of getting into a car accident. It's not the idea of dying that scares me, it's going through something horrific and being left (barely) alive.

I fear the future a lot too. It looks like things are just going to get worse for me.

I'd have to say my biggest fear is heights. Ironically enough, I went skydiving for a close friend's birthday a couple years ago. I think that alleviated the fear a bit, but it's still probably my biggest fear.

Other than heights, death is up there... I always claim that I'm not afraid to die, but I honestly believe that I am. It's daunting.
    τι ζωή

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I'm slightly scared of falling, but not heights. I actually like being in tall places :D subconsciously a crabrawler

I'm creeped out by cockroaches, I can't even kill it with slippers or probs even touch them with a ten-foot pole XD

I'm afraid of the dark. It's just an unsettling feeling, but it gets worse by factors including horror movies and games. It got worse one time because of Slendy XD but once I learned about 5N@F, Slendy was pushed aside (tho it's still scaring me just a little). My phobia of the dark is currently calm, but it can easily agitated but even a glimpse of one of them 5N@F peeps (interestingly, I have not seen them yet, tho I know one when I see one).

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

7. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Senior Moderator

I am afraid of the things in the dark.

And elevators.

Elevators are ****ing evil m8

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Dying's a big one, well actually it's more of a question of how that might happen. point being if im gunna go i want it done quick not drowning or falling from some high place or you know something of the sort. also got a pretty solid fear of heights very, very solid. the last one being spiders, i mean a lot of creepy crawlies get to me, i hate incects but spiders are the absolute worst, doesnt even have to be a big poisonous one to make me B line towards the closest fire source.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

You know what's funny? Ever since identifying and opening up as agnostic leaning on atheistic, I've been less afraid of death and pondered it less than I ever had. Always worrying if I would really be accepted into heaven despite not agreeing with so much of the bible...**** that, I dont want to waste time worrying about that anymore.

I have a mild fear of heights too, but its more of an exhilarating fear. I get a bit of a rush from it, really. I got over that thanks to being on one of those really big bungee swings at the Six Flags I live close to. x]

Elevators make me uneasy sometimes too, but I dont think about it tbh

I cant say I fear terribly much...I've not experienced much true fear in my life. I've been fortunate enough to be really well-off and in safe communities.

Though...actually, I am afraid of intruders and break-ins. Really big fear of mine tbh

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Though...actually, I am afraid of intruders and break-ins. Really big fear of mine tbh
    I used to be a little more concerned about that, but I can honestly say getting a shotgun for home protection helped alleviate that. I have used it at the range to be familiar with how it works and how best to aim and fire it and HOLY CRAP, just a few shells will rip that paper target to ribbons. I have to change out the target after five shells because there's BARELY ANYTHING LEFT. Next time I go, I should show a few pictures of the before and after. XD

If I were to see an intruder is armed with a gun of their own and already in the house, down they go. Not even going to play around with that. Them bringing a weapon into my home is a threat in itself. But if they're not armed with a gun of their own, I would tell them to drop everything and get on the floor while the police get there to bag their sorry butt. Hopefully this scenario never happens, but I'm ready in case it does.

12. This post has been liked by: