Glacier University of Snowpoint City

Glacier University of Snowpoint City

Greetings, and welcome to the prestigious Glaceon University. Situated in the heart of Snowpoint City, only those who can withstand the cold temperatures will be able to thrive here. To test your mettle, there is an introductory test that will challenge your very understanding of Ice-type Pokémon.

Successful Students
    The following students have performed exceptionally in all of the challenges, and as such they have earned a place on this Wall of Fame.

Azura Evley
    Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Challenge #1:Design an Ice-Type

Your induction challenge is to design an Ice-type form for any Pokémon, provided that it isn't already an Ice-type or that it doesn't already have an Ice-type form (such as Sandshrew, Rotom or Arceus). You can do this through either a picture, or even just a description of key characteristics.
    Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-02-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Challenge #2: Puzzle Couplet

One trait we find admirable here is the ability to look at something perceptively, taking into account all of the information you have already learned. To test just how resourceful you are, the next challenge is a pair of puzzles that rely on your understanding of Ice-type Pokémon and trivia. The first of these puzzles is a wordsearch, which can be found in the link here. The second puzzle is a crossword, which is in the spoiler below. There are two versions; the first includes punctuation, whereas the second doesn't. Send me a private message containing the answers once you've completed the puzzles.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-02-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Challenge #3: Visual Puzzles

Puzzles involving your brain can be tricky, but so too can those that serve to test your eyesight. We will be looking to see if students can think on their feet and put any skills they have to use to solve more puzzling challenges. The first of these is a jigsaw, which can be located in the link here. Next up is a puzzle inspired by a fellow institute's; Cubchoo and Snorunt, being the rascals they are, have found themselves lost at a beach, which is far from their ideal climate. Find them before the heat makes them faint! You can search using the picture in the spoiler below. I must warn you, they've blended in quite well, so please be vigilant during your search. Like the previous challenge, once completed send me a private message with pictures to show you've solved these puzzles.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-08-2017 at 09:25 PM.

New Students:
    1. Azura - @azura evley
    Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-02-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Yay! Glaceon U is open!

🍁Orange Fluff Ball❄️ azura evley's Avatar
    glaceon, how much time do i have for each challenge?
    VVV DO NOT CLICK ME VVV

🌺🌺
    ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Quote Originally Posted by azura evley View Post
    glaceon, how much time do i have for each challenge?
    You've got until Monday the 10th, so exactly one week.

🍁Orange Fluff Ball❄️ azura evley's Avatar
    made a ice quilava
    IMG_7117.jpg
    the light blue thing that replaced the fire is supposed to be ice, i tried

edit: im pretty sure the 'here' link for challenge 2 isn't the right link
    Last edited by azura evley; 04-07-2017 at 01:32 AM.
    VVV DO NOT CLICK ME VVV

🌺🌺
    ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Quote Originally Posted by azura evley View Post
    made a ice quilava
    IMG_7117.jpg
    the light blue thing that replaced the fire is supposed to be ice, i tried

edit: im pretty sure the 'here' link for challenge 2 isn't the right link
    That's a great drawing, and a really good idea. Just to pry further, are there any reasons why Quilava developed into an Ice-type Pokémon, and are its stats noticeably different?

Oh my, I'm so sorry that the link is faulty. That'll be sorted as soon as I can realise what went wrong. My apologies for that.

EDIT: The wordsearch is proving to be more trouble than it's worth, so simply ignore that part of the challenge right now. I'm really sorry that it's not working.
    Last edited by Professor Glaceon; 04-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.