Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar

COD Ghosts Multiplayer Reveal

What's up PXR! So I don't know if I'm the only FPS'er here but they just revealed the Multi-player for COD Ghosts, and I for one am extremely excited. The depth in which the MP was given has me itching to get my hands on it. The customizablity that they've added is almost on par with an MMO.

They've given you the ability to customize your character with up to 20,000 variations, and I'm sure more with DLC content.

A Fully customizable Loadout where they've taken the idea of a Pick 10 from Black Ops II and added more Perks, more Guns and more Scorestreaks

Dynamic, as opposed to Static environments, in the release video they show a gas pump exploding and collapsing the roof creating more cover, or a missile knocking a bus off of a ravine

And possibly my favorite addition, Squads, Instead of having multiple classes and multiple loadouts, you have a squad of soldiers, each fully customizable for specific situations. Create a Sniper class with a ghillie suite, or a "ninja" class covered in black facepaint and black gear. The best part is that they have squad multiplayer games, where you can bring in each member of your customized squad and face another players customized squad. Taking a 1V1 game and turning it into 6V6 with 5 AI contolled partners.

Speaking of the AI, it was explained that they added a more MLG style algorithm, with drop shots, jump shots, and strategies based on the type of Loadout you've given

I know a lot of people don't like FPS games and a few of those who do like them prefer the realism of Battlefield over the almost arcade style of COD, but I thought I'd put this up to see if anybody else was excited as I was

MP Trailer:
    Spoiler:

And a little bonus video of myself using a sniper rifle in a very unsniperish manner:
    Spoiler:

Soooooo glad I have this and PS4 pre ordered. I'm excited for all the changes they've added. I think they did an awesome job and listened to players for once. I've been waiting for a customize-able character on there since CoD: Modern Warfare. I'll be back in the US when this comes out and it's probably going to take up most of my leave. I want it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Q for Quick View Post
    Soooooo glad I have this and PS4 pre ordered. I'm excited for all the changes they've added. I think they did an awesome job and listened to players for once. I've been waiting for a customize-able character on there since CoD: Modern Warfare. I'll be back in the US when this comes out and it's probably going to take up most of my leave. I want it now.
    yep, all my free time will probably be split between this and X/Y, though I may end up playing more COD than pokemon.

The cool thing is that they're allowing your profile to transfer to the next gen systems, at least that's what they said about the XB360 and XBOne, though I'm sure they'll do the same for the PS3 and PS4.

Granted I'll probably have to buy the game twice, if I by a NextGen system within the next year since I've never been a launch fan when it comes to systems, plus all my COD buddies are split between the 360 and the PS3, and most of us have decided to try and grab the same system for some mass carnage/trollage.

Theres also this clan war thing that they have where you battle a bunch of clans and "claim" locations. Instead of the generic clan ops they have now where you usually just battle a bunch of randoms, it's Clan V Clan

I've never been in a clan on CoD, but I've always played with my friends. To me, that's more fun than by yourself with a bunch of random people. They all have 360 though, and I have PS3, soon PS4. I contemplated getting the XboxOne, but I'm a Sony fan.

I'm glad they've came up with so much extra, but I've always been a fan of the simplicity with CoD: Modern Warfare. I'm not really a fan of the AI play, because most of the time they set patterns. After a minute of playing, you can usually pick out where they're going and what they're doing. I hope this AI is worth something and has a way to be random.

yeah, I usually don't play anymore unless some of my friends are on, and even then I'm usually trolling or working on diamond camos.

From what I've seen they're trying to focus more on the Intelligence part than the Artificial in A.I. I think they said that the A.I. will drop shot, halo jump, and even corner camp, and your squad members' individual A.I. will adjust tactics based on each individual loadout

I'm really excited for Search & Rescue, taking the best parts of Search and KC and putting them together.

S&R is probably my favorite match to play, and I think skill plays a huge part in it. It's going to be an interesting time playing with A.I. on my team if need be. I'm not trying to be too judgmental on it, just really hope it meets and exceeds my expectations, which I'm sure it will.

A buddy of mine just reserved the Prestige edition, he does tactical shooting competitions and wants to try using it during some of them, he'll definitely test out the ruggedness of it. I reserved the Hardened edition, there wasn't much of a price difference when you consider the fact that theres an HD head cam that comes with the Prestige Edition, I was tempted to upgrade, but I wanna try to get an Elgato game recorder as well

Man I will get killed so hard if I ever pick up this game...

I have kind of been Call of Duty'd-out (lol, I said "duty"). The game was beginning to grow stale when Modern Warfare 2 came out, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. As the series progressed through Black Ops and into Modern Warfare 3, it got bloody annoying. I never even looked at the box art of Black Ops 2, and don't really know anything about Call of Duty: Ghost other than they claimed they are using a new engine (that looks identical to their previous Unreal build, so woopty-doo, eh?).

Overall, the light arcade shooter has worn thin. They have done little to add much of anything to the mechanics of the game. I realize that fixing something that isn't broken is foolish, but the game has been using identical gameplay formulas with the same graphics engine for the past seven years (that'd be seven games). Really. It's done for me.

At least Battlefield brings some new innovation with their releases. Battlefield 4 introduces improved physics and lighting, along with easier environmental effects and a brand new animation system. The game will present a more realistic adversary than the fantasized global Russian invasion that Call of Duty seems to thoroughly wear out. I am not saying that DICE's series doesn't have its issues (yes, EA server issues, I am looking at you), but Call of Duty is simply making the mistake of, "Let's milk this thing dry with as little effort as possible".

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    I have kind of been Call of Duty'd-out (lol, I said "duty"). The game was beginning to grow stale when Modern Warfare 2 came out, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. As the series progressed through Black Ops and into Modern Warfare 3, it got bloody annoying. I never even looked at the box art of Black Ops 2, and don't really know anything about Call of Duty: Ghost other than they claimed they are using a new engine (that looks identical to their previous Unreal build, so woopty-doo, eh?).

Overall, the light arcade shooter has worn thin. They have done little to add much of anything to the mechanics of the game. I realize that fixing something that isn't broken is foolish, but the game has been using identical gameplay formulas with the same graphics engine for the past seven years (that'd be seven games). Really. It's done for me.

At least Battlefield brings some new innovation with their releases. Battlefield 4 introduces improved physics and lighting, along with easier environmental effects and a brand new animation system. The game will present a more realistic adversary than the fantasized global Russian invasion that Call of Duty seems to thoroughly wear out. I am not saying that DICE's series doesn't have its issues (yes, EA server issues, I am looking at you), but Call of Duty is simply making the mistake of, "Let's milk this thing dry with as little effort as possible".

I hear what youre saying, I've got a few friends who are BF fans too. It's just a matter of preference, I'd enjoy either game as long as I'm playing with my friends, but I'll explain why COD Ghosts is more fun to me.

For me BF is too slow. I know that's a personal thing, but I enjoy the intensity of a fast paced arcade style FPS. Having an amazing graphics engine is cool, but only necessary if I'm watching a movie and not playing a game, especially in an online environment. Realism isn't absolutely necessary to me, it's just window dressing.

To be honest, the innovations seem more like tweaks. They've made the graphics engine smoother, and more realistic, they've made the maps' dynamics change by player action, they now have massive "wars" allowing up to 64 players on the field at the same time. Those are all really cool, but those kind of additions are expected of a game with multiple sequels.

Cod has tweaked their game too, the graphics are crisper (though nowhere near the level of the Frostebite engine), they've enhanced the sound, to make it more "enveloping" (again probably nowhere near the power of BF), they've also added dynamic maps (and yes I'm aware that BF announced them first, but the gap between the two announcements aren't large enough to suggest that Activision is "copying" EA). And BlOps 2 had massive server issues also, with so many different kinds of lag "balancing" the skill between good and bad players. The Lag was just more prevalent in BlOps 2 because of how fast paced the game was. Hopefully that changes with the new dedicated or cloud servers the systems will be using and that goes for both games.

But COD has also added a ton of new things, things that feel more like new additions for an FPS than simply tweaking. They've replaced the dolphin dive with the knee slide, making it have more of a tactical use. They've also added a lean function, where you hide behind the edge of a wall, and then when you Aim down sights you lean out to take a shot. They've added 7 new game modes, changed create a class to create a soldier, adding character customization (which in turn supposedly alters the way the AI uses your soldier), as well as adding an ability to use the soldiers you've created in multiplayer modes alongside of you. Adding 1V1 possibilities while still running a full "squad".

When it comes down to it though, I don't like to compare the two. BF is a Tactical Sim, it's like Zero Dark Thirty, the reality is what captivates you. COD is more arcade style, like a Michael Bay Film or any other cheesy action movie. I don't really care which one I play as long as I'm playing with my friends, thats what makes the games, both of them, fun to me.
    Last edited by Wookie Mistake; 08-22-2013 at 01:23 AM.