Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    I'm working on a Megaman X fan fiction right now because SOME COMPANY... is not giving them proper attention that they need. Despite the fact I have only played a total of two MMX games, read a bunch of books and have a guru who teaches me this stuff, I've been told I am very 'close to canon'.

Other than that I have things in waiting, while I focus on finishing that fan fiction. It sucks being me because my brain won't let me write about a character until I see or make a visual of it. Then it won't let me write about the picture unless I make it work in some sort of sense. THEN if I don't have writers block, I can write.

My brain sucks most times ladies and gents.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    @Caite-chan You could always right that fanfic from the Pokemon's perspective.
    I never thought about it that way. Although I'm really bad at planning things. Most of the time I make stuff up as I go along and hope it works.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I never thought about it that way. Although I'm really bad at planning things. Most of the time I make stuff up as I go along and hope it works.
    I don't see why you couldn't do that from the Pokemon's perspective. Plus, you don't even have to have humans involved.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Sign me up, pretty please?

I, personally, am really really bad at planning. Usually, after I form an idea, I give it a vague outline mentally and then begin writing, going back to revise later.

I'm not much for fan work, though. Except for a couple of self-indulgent Gravity Falls episode ideas, I mostly focus on original things. My three leading projects are a post apocalyptic sci-fi-esque thing about a couple of rival revolutionary leaders; a story about the kids of some superheroes who have vanished; and a dark animal fantasy thing about cats. My head is a mixed bag. nvn

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Velo! :D I was hoping you'd sign up~! ^^

You guys talking about planning and such reminded me of a lecture I watched one time, and it talked about two categories of writers: NaNoWriMo calls them "pantsers" and "planners" (if I remember correctly), and this guy called them gardeners and architects. Pantsers/Gardeners don't plan out to much and just let the story go wherever it wants to, while Planners/Architects thoroughly plan out EVERYTHING. (The guy talking about this in the lecture though noted that it's more of a continuum than two distinct groups)

Er, but sorry, didn't mean to sound like a know-it-all there ^^' Just thought it was interest :D Anyway~

@Caite-chan: Loving Hope really sounds interesting :o If it's about wrestling, could it be considered original fiction? (or do you use real people as characters?) I've thought about reading it, though the mature warning on it kinda gave me pause. Why did you give it thhat rating? Also, there's actually quite a bit more you can do with Pokemon fan-fiction than the typical cut and paste Trainer adventure. Like TotS said, you can always do it from a Pokemon's perspective (Suicune's Fire's Through a Flareon's Eyes is a reeeeeaaaallly good example of this!)

@TotS: Mass Effect! I don't know anything about it, but that sounds srsly cool! Is Sci-fi the genre you like writing in? ^^

@Sabi: You know, Megaman's probably one of those games I really should look into xD The new SSB game has really piqued my interest ^^ That's interesting with the visual thing :o I wish I had the artistic ability to make a visual of my characters--the most I can do is make a map xD (and that's a must for my stories xDDD)

Velo was telling me about of her stories, and they sound amazing! :D

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
    @Caite-chan: Loving Hope really sounds interesting :o If it's about wrestling, could it be considered original fiction? (or do you use real people as characters?) I've thought about reading it, though the mature warning on it kinda gave me pause. Why did you give it thhat rating? Also, there's actually quite a bit more you can do with Pokemon fan-fiction than the typical cut and paste Trainer adventure. Like TotS said, you can always do it from a Pokemon's perspective (Suicune's Fire's Through a Flareon's Eyes is a reeeeeaaaallly good example of this!)
    Yes, SF's fan fiction is definitely a brilliant example of a story from the Pokemon's perspective. Explore the emotions and interactions between the Pokemon. :D

@TotS: Mass Effect! I don't know anything about it, but that sounds srsly cool! Is Sci-fi the genre you like writing in? ^^
    Ah, Mass Effect has pretty extensive lore, so that is understandable. I definitely recommend the first game if you ever get the chance (it is pretty cheap nowadays). Yeah, sci-fi is my favorite genre to write in. Thank you! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post

Ah, Mass Effect has pretty extensive lore, so that is understandable. I definitely recommend the first game if you ever get the chance (it is pretty cheap nowadays). Yeah, sci-fi is my favorite genre to write in. Thank you! :D
    I imagine it must be like trying to jump into the Kingdom Hearts lore. Except with less Disney. And stuff. Anyway, cool! ^^ I've wanted to try some sci-fi, but I've been writing fantasy for two long I'm having a hard time balancing the two xD Like, I reaaaaallly want to write a post-apopcalyptic book but somehow it started incorporating magic and "light vs dark" wierdness. Hahaha, it's not going anywhere xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Well I can't claim the wrestlers as my own (Like Petey...lol) as they are real people. But Molly is my own character and Ajay is a friend of mines character. And we both own Jack and any other kids. The reason I gave it the warning was for one the cussing in it and there may possibly be some nakie fun later on if you know what I mean...LOL. Nothing hardcore graphic though promise. Anything fun in the bedroom will be done in a good manner and have a warning at the top of the page.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Okay, I have debated, and I think I would like to sign-up. I have something in the works right now but I'm not sure how long it'll take or if I'll get frustrated (or busy) and quit. But it's a Kingdom Hearts fanfiction that is set in KH2 and focuses on one world that I'm adding: a super smash bros brawl world. So far I've wanted to try to stay true to both storylines, casting Sora in the SSBB story, but also including of course heartless, the organzation and lesser nobodies (this seems like it would meld quite well with the SSBB story). I want to use the pokemon characters extensively (and add one at least) since it's being written for this forum. I'm having to do research on Fire Emblem and Metroid, which I have very little knowledge of but which I want to include.

That said it's all in my brain right now. I'm playing SSBB right now to stay 'close to Canon,' as Sabi's friend geniusly has it.

Like, I reaaaaallly want to write a post-apopcalyptic book but somehow it started incorporating magic and "light vs dark" wierdness. Hahaha, it's not going anywhere xD
    Those themes can and do work quite well together though. If I may inject some input from a philosophical/theological perspective without being ostentatious, light and darkness are often conceived of as describing spirit and matter respectively so that "being light" would mean a flight from time, space, and the material. However in an apocalyptic setting you can present light and darkness as historical realities both at work in the world in which we live.

However you do it, the mention of the apocalypse just makes me salivate. :O
    Last edited by Sanctus; 08-20-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Ooh, SSBB world. Sounds neat, since a lot of fan made SSB games include Sora.

Since Sanctus mentioned his KH fic, I'll mention mine too.

My KH fic is set in another world and is based on a fictional lore I made about when Light and Darkness were completely neutral parties and fed into one and other. [I like being different and I heard enough DARKNESS DARKNESS, DARKNESS jokes as it is.] Before one was designated good and one was evil. I'm not sure where its set but I'm probably going to write it pending what happens in KH3 since I was going to have it for after KH2. However since I take forever to write things and I can't make up my mind on how to develop things in my head, it gets to wait until my MMX one is done and after KH3 comes out and I've played the ever living hell out of it.

Char: Yes you can definitely put any kind of spin on that, like I am with my KH fic. Often times I take one common aspect that people normally use, and figure out how to turn it around in a unique way.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

11. This post has been liked by: