Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

.::The Writer's Guild::.

^by the amazingly talented Suicuine's Fire!^

The Writer's Guild

Greetings, authors from near and afar! I know there's quite a number of you here on this forum who have dabbled in the art of creative writing, and I wanted to create this group as a place where you can come together and share your ideas, get important feedback, and or just mingle when that darn writer's block has ya down.

This is not only a place for fan-fiction writers, but original fiction/non-fiction writers as well! And actually, everyone is welcome to join in--readers or non-writer's alike. The goal of the group is to improve our stories by working together! I only have a few rules that should be followed:

1.) Be kind and courteous to all other members, and provide constructive criticism. Don't get on here and say things like "Ermagerd, this stinks like donkey poo, why do you bother writing?" That's rude and not at all helpful. No one becomes a great writer overnight, and even the best writers were n00bs once. Writing takes practice, just as any sport or art out there. As critics, your goal is not to discourage writing, but to help them become better.

2.) No stealing and other such mischief. This is to be a circle of trust and HONOR. HOOOONOOOOOOR!

3.) If you're working with original fiction, I actually wouldn't suggest you posting it on the internet. But if you'd like feedback, I would suggest asking so on this group, then PMing your excerpts to people interested in helping. And people who volunteer to help... TRUST CIIIIRCLEEEE. (And HONOR!) But, if you're not too worried (or you're writing fan-fiction), you can post excerpts on this thread in spoiler tags (as long as they aren't too long. If they're longer than what a single post can handle, I would suggest posting it the Writer's Desk then posting a link here.

4.) I'll add more rules as I see fit.

Anyway, let's have a go at this, shall we? If you'd like to join up as a member just say so (and bold it so I don't miss it xD) and hop right in!

Last edited by FedoraChar; 12-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

*Raises hand*

I'd love to join. I'm always trying to get better.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Count me in, yo. I am actually fixin' to release the next chapter to my current series in the next few days.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Pick me!
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Sounds like fun. I'm in.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Bingo. Maybe this will knock my creativity back into gear.

Once you realize your story has a timeline that is 1.5 pages long...You kind of wonder or go "Oops" XD

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    Bingo. Maybe this will knock my creativity back into gear.

Once you realize your story has a timeline that is 1.5 pages long...You kind of wonder or go "Oops" XD
    I have single character timelines that go longer? *cough*

Maybe I can get people to read my MMX Fic that I actually speak to online...

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Alright! Awesome people! :D I'm way excited to see y'all here! ^^

So hey, guys, welcome to the group! ^^ Guess we could start with the typical ice-breaker: why don'tcha tell us about your projects? What have you worked on, are currently working, and what you would like to work on? :)

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Well my biggest project right now is my wrestling fic Loving Hope and I'm actually on version number 3 as of now. I've started over a few times and so far I'm really liking how this version is going.

I would love to try and write a Pokemon fic but I don't want to just do the standard Trainer goes off on their adventure. But I'm not sure what I would want to try and do with that.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

@Caite-chan You could always right that fanfic from the Pokemon's perspective.

My single fan project at the moment is Mass Effect: Discovery, which expands on the Mass Effect universe and gives closure to the ending of the trilogy. It follows a young protagonist and his allies as he experiences the dangers of the galaxy and the secrets of the Traverse. The overview is maybe twenty pages long, primarily because I am attempting to keep the project as accurate with lore as possible without changing too much. The premise of one of the endings will, however, be changed a tad but not completely so.

The second chapter is almost complete and will be posted in a few days.
    Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 08-17-2013 at 06:55 AM.