Senior Moderator

Gotta Watch'em All/Pokemon Anime Theater 7000 ideas

My idea as to how a riffing contest of the Pokemon anime would work:

Each participant will watch the episode, making fun of the cheesy scenes and dialogue as they see fit (and within PXR rules). When the episode ends, points are given to the best jokes--Funniest, Most Groan-Worthy, Cleverest, Most Creative, and of course the best overall. It would be encouraged to think outside the same old tired memes (unless you're trying for Most Groan-worthy)

Suggestions are welcome as to award categories for jokes, and how to score jokes.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@EmeraldSky

I think, as a general rule of thumb, you might want to declare where you stand as far as objectionable content goes. Swearing, sexual innuendos, and that kind of thing. Most of us are pretty well-behaved, but... you never know.

As far as scoring goes, maybe base it on exactly how hard it makes you laugh. A "smirk to myself quietly" would score a little while something that genuinely makes you giggle or even crack up entirely obviously would score higher. Basing it on wittiness, timing, and execution is fine, but if you want to keep it simple, just make a scale on your "laughter level" and track how many times you strike where and from whom.

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

Here's basically how that looks:

--No more than a tame PG-13/T for Teen quip rating, A little innuendo and language is fine.

The Laugh-o-Meter:

1-Not even remotely funny/That's not funny, that's stupid
    2-Groan worthy
    3-Snickering
    4-Chuckling
    5-Giggling
    6-Laughing
    7-Howling with Laughter
    8-Guffawing
    9-Laughing So Hard I'm Crying
    10-Almost Wet Myself Laughing
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"