Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

I agree with Suicune. I know I won't be entering the Conics section as i have no way to do any of that. But i do hope it gets some fire in it. I want to see some of the sht peeps come up with lol.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

I'd personally like to see a Debate section included. If it can't be done, that's okay. I like the current list of events/sections as is.
    τι ζωή

Do we have any ideas for a team event? I suggested one in the other thread about making a story that has to include each member of the team in some important way.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the schedule too much right now, since a good portion of this is decided by the judges once we pick them.

As for a debate section... i don't really think it's a good idea. Debating is hard, and takes a good level of maturity to do so. If PXFIRE improves activity as intended, it's most likely going to be younger people who are really just here to have fun. (Like when WAR had me join several years ago) We shouldn't have a category that's tilted toward older users who are more experienced with the sight.
    Last edited by Morzone; 05-18-2017 at 12:58 PM.

VPP

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Do we have any ideas for a team event? I suggested one in the other thread about making a story that has to include each member of the team in some important way.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the schedule too much right now, since a good portion of this is decided by the judges once we pick them.

As for a debate section... i don't really think it's a good idea. Debating is hard, and takes a good level of maturity to do so. If PXFIRE improves activity as intended, it's most likely going to be younger people who are really just here to have fun. (Like when WAR had me join several years ago) We shouldn't have a category that's tilted toward older users who are more experienced with the sight.
    That's fair. It was just a suggestion!
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I think we tried Debate in the past and it just didn't take off too well.

The thing with Debate is even on a good day activity-wise... it can get ugly. Serebii has no problem letting a debate go completely to hell with people getting banned in the process, but I'd be a sad squirrel if that kind of thing happened here. Religious debates get especially bad but things that go into the political realm are no stranger to angry people.

We used to have a Debate section but frankly, I don't miss it.

So...

Team event! Yeah

Anyone else have ideas?

VPP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I think we tried Debate in the past and it just didn't take off too well.

The thing with Debate is even on a good day activity-wise... it can get ugly. Serebii has no problem letting a debate go completely to hell with people getting banned in the process, but I'd be a sad squirrel if that kind of thing happened here. Religious debates get especially bad but things that go into the political realm are no stranger to angry people.

We used to have a Debate section but frankly, I don't miss it.
    I understand. I wouldn't want any turmoil, especially in our first year running PXFIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    So...

Team event! Yeah

Anyone else have ideas?
    Hm... Maybe we can wait until we have team leaders/co-leaders set and they can all brainstorm and come to an agreement on a team event. If not, I do like your idea. It's creative and fun.
    τι ζωή

Just remember we don't want to add to much stuff to this or people I'll be rushing to get things done. This is during the summer where many people go on vacation. The last thing they want to have to worry about is this. This event should be fun not a chore or feel like a homework assignment.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Just remember we don't want to add to much stuff to this or people I'll be rushing to get things done. This is during the summer where many people go on vacation. The last thing they want to have to worry about is this. This event should be fun not a chore or feel like a homework assignment.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    τι ζωή

11. This post has been liked by:

The team event is a single project spanning all four weeks... I don't think it'll really cramp people's schedule too much.

My idea of a team narrative featuring each member might be a little heavy on the actual writer, but I don;t think it'll be too bad if the teams manage it right.

Any ideas what else we could do?

VPP