Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey, nice stuff Morzone! Although if you needed the text logo, I could have sent you a high-res PNG version of it. :x

As for the portfolio, urf... my hands are so full with other stuff right now and I can barely keep up with it all as is.

Ah I just cut out the logo from my Siggy banner XP

Anyway, the portfolio doesn't need anything new, just taking what we already have and putting it one place. Describe our process for coming up with the name/theme, describe what we've used the theme for in the RP, list out our slogans, show off some art/event pieces featuring our team (even if it's just the mascot) Heck, include that Skarmory became our unofficial mascot.

Also It's a team event, so you as the team leader doesn't have to do it, anyone can. It just can't be me since I'm the spirit event judge.

VPP

come on I know there are more of us, why is everyone so silent?

Kinda disapointed i didn't finish my creative writing in time... I chose to get that graphic art piece in instead. But I did have two weeks to do the writing... so yeah, bummed. Hopefully I'll finish it for this two weeks. The prompt is pretty open, I just need something to start my gears up.

Just as a reminder, the spirit portfolio is supposed to be due today! If anyone's rush putting it together right now, feel free to use my 2nd week drawn art piece and my graphic art piece. I'd put it together myself but... well I'm the judge so I really can't. Put up a good show guys! The other two teams are rocking it with their presentations.

VPP

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I have no idea how to put together a portfolio. Is it already too late? D:

Should I even try to finish my comic or do more art if we're so far behind?

Well, I had wanted all the portfolios in on sunday, but I'm not going to refuse anyone who puts them in late. They'll just lose points in the long run but it won't be as bad as not putting one in at all.

As for how to put the portfolio together, I'd suggest taking a look at what GO and PP put in. They followed mostly the same format with their own twists so they came out great.

And oh god do not, NOT stop working on your art or your comics or anything. The spirit section is completely separate from the main scoring. It only affects the team event I put together, not the over-all scoring. There's another portfolio for weeks 3-4 so anything you do after now can still be shown off.

VPP

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I really don't think I can put that together all by myself.

But okay, if this doesn't affect the main scoring I'll keep going with the art.

Senior Administrator

I'll admit, trying to keep up with Creative Writing, RP (both judging and participating), and the art stuff (drawn, graphic, and comics) has been a struggle for me. Right now I'm even doubtful I'll be able to pull off the comic. I feel like I rushed through the Drawn Art stuff I did for Week 2 and it probably wasn't as good as it could have been with some more time.

That said, I definitely don't see myself being able to tack on more than what I've been doing already. If I felt confident and had the time, I'd maybe try assembling the portfolio, but I can't without giving up something else.

URPG Staff

Hey, wanted to apologize for not really participating in events. Coincidentally my cousin moved in with us at our house when I joined the team and I've been mainly focused on her and URPG, so I haven't really been concentrated on the event. I don't know if there's much I can do at this point, since I'm probably too late for the RP and I don't exactly know what else much I can do. I'll see but apologies.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Hey, wanted to apologize for not really participating in events. Coincidentally my cousin moved in with us at our house when I joined the team and I've been mainly focused on her and URPG, so I haven't really been concentrated on the event. I don't know if there's much I can do at this point, since I'm probably too late for the RP and I don't exactly know what else much I can do. I'll see but apologies.
    Maybe try Creative Writing. You have weeks 3 and 4 to work with and not too many people have taken part in it yet. It's only just been Noble and I so far.

@DashHumor is a pretty easy one to jump into, Drawn Art is every week so you can jump in on that if you feel like it. I don't know if you do Showdown but we haven't any representation there yet. Not any I could find proof of at least. Though if you feel up to it you could put the portfolio together, use it as a chance to get a feel for what's been going on in the various sections and see what you might want to get into.

And Neo, I think It's pretty impressive how much stuff you can get in with such good quality. You're Judging the RP (and participating), done drawn and graphic art, humor, AND Comics. And it still looks better than anything I've put in. I'm totally not jealous Your Drawing is amazing and Team charm was a genius idea. (It was so perfect I was surprised you hadn't linked their theme song along with the art) Your Graphic art was much more thought out than mine, and I gave up finishing my creative writing to do mine, and you did both. Humor may not take nearly as long, but you still took time to do it. The only person who's doing more than you is Noble, who;s participated in literally everything except the sprite art she's judging.

So don't feel bad about being overwhelmed. If I was the spirit judge, I would have happily jumped to put the portfolio together. But... as it is I can only offer advice on what to do and put out reminders.

VPP