Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Hmmm I like the idea but it might be a bit hard to execute. Still, I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    Hard? Mmm, I have my means. *Winky wink wink.*

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    Maybe Taiya tries to amp it up off screen because Blood Pit and Dread Metal are not going well, then someone does the stabby stab on one of her soldiers and then Surprise?

(The fact that "stabby stab" pretty much statistically means "The Grand Lady" means nothing)

(Though it would give me a good way to get her out)
    Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Spoiler:
    Perhaps if you kill someone with Ante, the Ante recognizes the killer as a more worthy host and moves to the killer and that's how a Player character gets Ante.
    Perhaps there's an experimentation with creating a new super powerful ability(in the same vein as Mega Evolution or Z-Moves) but it backfires and explodes dispersing the region, activating Ante powers in certain Pokemon, perhaps those with a particular dormant gene or those in the right place at the right time.
    Well, here's one plausible idea I have. It kind of combines what you guys said and takes a little "something something" extra.

Taiya, as you said, sees Blood Pit and Dread Metal going to hell. Phoebe and Jucden either have to bail or they get killed (killed is more likely as Phoebe is in a tight spot and Jucden is a psycho who wouldn't give up for anything. Taiya doesn't like it. And she suspects because of the ludicrous turnout of highly powerful applicants, she and Black Lotus just bit off more than they could chew but it's too late to cancel the Festival without raising serious suspicion. As you can tell, even the way Black Lotus cheats doesn't seem to be enough. So, punny pun pun, she "ups the Ante." Well, it kind of backfires. She and her Onyx Circle get amped up with all kinds of various extra powers (well, like "gun spawning," "crazy magic" and "awesome athletic ability" like you saw in Death's fine masterpiece presentation), but it causes The Assassin Awakening to happen.

As it turns out, Ante can't be learned. You're either born with it or you're not. It has existed since bloody and vile ancient times and back then, those that had it were referred to as "Shadow Assassins." Steal the memories, skills, and experience of whoever you kill, thus "inheriting the victim's shadow", so to speak. For a long while, these Shadow Assassins went underground, but in recent times with violence amplifying and crime on the rise, old sleeping secrets resurface once again as what was once forgotten becomes rediscovered.

There is the factor that Ante is usually found in those that are stronger and more capable, naturally. Short history lesson, Black Lotus continues to be a Shadow Assassin network where they've been trying to find as many individuals naturally gifted with Ante and feed that power by giving them plenty of enemies to kill so they can get stronger, just as long as they pledge loyalty to Black Lotus. But for many Pokémon (your character), the Ante hasn't been awakened yet. Some live their entire lives never even knowing they're sleeping Shadow Assassins or have a bloodline that connects with those that once made very generous use of these abilities.

When Taiya "ups the Ante" to amplify her powers and the Onyx's Circle's powers and take back the Festival, she also anticipates new Shadow Assassin Pokémon awakening and surfacing out of the woodwork to join Black Lotus to further strengthen the Empire. Well, BIG SURPRISE! She doesn't expect YOU to be gifted with Ante as a Shadow Assassin, but la la la, you are! She doesn't make the situation better, she just put a eye-opening twist into the playing field!

So who wants to have some extra fun now?

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hard? Mmm, I have my means. *Winky wink wink.*

Well, here's one plausible idea I have. It kind of combines what you guys said and takes a little "something something" extra.

Taiya, as you said, sees Blood Pit and Dread Metal going to hell. Phoebe and Jucden either have to bail or they get killed (killed is more likely as Phoebe is in a tight spot and Jucden is a psycho who wouldn't give up for anything. Taiya doesn't like it. And she suspects because of the ludicrous turnout of highly powerful applicants, she and Black Lotus just bit off more than they could chew but it's too late to cancel the Festival without raising serious suspicion. As you can tell, even the way Black Lotus cheats doesn't seem to be enough. So, punny pun pun, she "ups the Ante." Well, it kind of backfires. She and her Onyx Circle get amped up with all kinds of various extra powers (well, like "gun spawning," "crazy magic" and "awesome athletic ability" like you saw in Death's fine masterpiece presentation), but it causes The Assassin Awakening to happen.

As it turns out, Ante can't be learned. You're either born with it or you're not. It has existed since bloody and vile ancient times and back then, those that had it were referred to as "Shadow Assassins." Steal the memories, skills, and experience of whoever you kill, thus "inheriting the victim's shadow", so to speak. For a long while, these Shadow Assassins went underground, but in recent times with violence amplifying and crime on the rise, old sleeping secrets resurface once again as what was once forgotten becomes rediscovered.

There is the factor that Ante is usually found in those that are stronger and more capable, naturally. Short history lesson, Black Lotus continues to be a Shadow Assassin network where they've been trying to find as many individuals naturally gifted with Ante and feed that power by giving them plenty of enemies to kill so they can get stronger, just as long as they pledge loyalty to Black Lotus. But for many Pokémon (your character), the Ante hasn't been awakened yet. Some live their entire lives never even knowing they're sleeping Shadow Assassins or have a bloodline that connects with those that once made very generous use of these abilities.

When Taiya "ups the Ante" to amplify her powers and the Onyx's Circle's powers and take back the Festival, she also anticipates new Shadow Assassin Pokémon awakening and surfacing out of the woodwork to join Black Lotus to further strengthen the Empire. Well, BIG SURPRISE! She doesn't expect YOU to be gifted with Ante as a Shadow Assassin, but la la la, you are! She doesn't make the situation better, she just put a eye-opening twist into the playing field!

So who wants to have some extra fun now?
    I'd like extra fun.

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh ho ho ho I'm all for this.

Also I just had this image in my head of three year old Marx awakening with Ante, kicking *ss and taking names, then freeing himself and just being like "I saved myself, mother, let's go home." XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

Also I just had this image in my head of three year old Marx awakening with Ante, kicking *ss and taking names, then freeing himself and just being like "I saved myself, mother, let's go home." XD
    Plot twist, Marx somehow kills Taiya and installs himself as emperor. He arranges for all the candy in Liao to be brought to his palace.

8. This post has been liked by:

Honestly I don't think adding more crazy superpowers is going to help. It's an implementation issue, like you said. The power to gain your defeated enemy's skills and knowledge is already incredibly powerful and versatile, it just needs time to be shown. We shouldn't jump to making things even more extreme -and confusing- in the middle of the RP just because Ante hasn't had its time to shine yet. I am having a TON of fun in this RP, and that's because it is well designed and well executed. Everything we already have is Amazing, just give it time to show itself before you decide we need more.

VPP

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Oh goodie. >:3

To make it happen, I need someone to kill Phoebe and someone else to kill Jucden. Athena, I feel, definitely should get to have Phoebe's head on a stick for storyline value, but I guess anyone who is in Dread Metal can go after Jucden whoever you'd like. Those two getting killed and Black Lotus losing both events would help open the way for Taiya's response.

Plot twist, Marx somehow kills Taiya and installs himself as emperor. He arranges for all the candy in Liao to be brought to his palace.
    I'm looking forward to watching you try. XD

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Bottom line Neo. Can The Lady show off "oh crap Ante" next post?

EDIT: Wait, nope. Just saw that. Darn
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Oh goodie. >:3

To make it happen, I need someone to kill Phoebe and someone else to kill Jucden. Athena, I feel, definitely should get to have Phoebe's head on a stick for storyline value, but I guess anyone who is in Dread Metal can go after Jucden whoever you'd like. Those two getting killed and Black Lotus losing both events would help open the way for Taiya's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga
    I'm looking forward to watching you try. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Honestly I don't think adding more crazy superpowers is going to help. It's an implementation issue, like you said. The power to gain your defeated enemy's skills and knowledge is already incredibly powerful and versatile, it just needs time to be shown. We shouldn't jump to making things even more extreme -and confusing- in the middle of the RP just because Ante hasn't had its time to shine yet. I am having a TON of fun in this RP, and that's because it is well designed and well executed. Everything we already have is Amazing, just give it time to show itself before you decide we need more.
    The other alternative we can do is have our fun crazy powers like in that video Death so graciously shared... but in another RP once PXFIRE is over.

My thing is I just wish things were moving a bit faster in the RP itself. It's been really slow. I thought we'd be up to Day 4 or 5 by now but we're still super-glued to Day 1 and everyone not in Blood Pit or Dread Metal is probably getting bored right now.

Well, I'm not sure we can do about the slowness, that really comes down to how RP's are done here on PXR. When every post is multiple paragraphs of thoughts, deductions, dialouge, emotion, situation, etc, you don't get very far per post. I'd just suggest building up more subplots. Once the dread metal derby is over Julia's going on a man-hunt and is going to be hooking up with another character in the process. Theo's already involved in inter-team shenanigans, which can easily lead to something larger. No one's done anything with the mysterious "Master blaze jewel" yet, or started implementing plots to take down the queen. (Apart from killing lots of her top warriors in the festival) Heck, our characters still need to learn what "ante" is themselves, something an undercover mission into the queen's "government" might be good for. Jut gotta think outside the box some, that's all.

VPP