Page 159 of 365 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Bookstores and libraries shall never be a dying breed. There's something about that book smell and welcoming atmosphere you just can't emulate with eBooks and online bookstores (like Amazon).

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

My favorite book store closed down a few years ago and I'm still sad.

Now I have to go all the way to the mall, cause all the small, independent book stores are closed.

Lame, cause kindles and nooks are neat, but I like physical books.

paired with Palamon
    Jude Mathis @ PC
    was Sora @ SPC

3. This post has been liked by:

I love bookstores, and try to go to mine as much as possible. I'm planning on going today, so I can get Kagerou Daze volume 3, but I'm pretty sure it'll be sold out. :x Either way, I'm going because I must. Physically. Own. Everything. Kagepro. Related.

I feel as if eBay is really struggling right now because there are Christmas sales everywhere and everyone is on it at once... xD It's been especially slow today!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I like physical books more also. You don't have to plug them in when the battery starts to go, and you can take them wherever. It's also not tragic if you lose them either, whereas with Kindles, Nooks, iPads, and all those other things...

Also, this may come as a shocker, but I've never brought anything off of eBay. Usually the stuff I want is on Amazon, so I'm fine with that.

I've gotten cosplay off e-bay! But that's it. I'm a nerd. ;;

My mom got my GBA off of eBay and iirc I bought my Ittoki Otoya wig on eBay, but that's about it, I think? I prefer Amazon and other sites if I do online shopping.

I rarely, if ever, do online shopping. I only really used Amazon back when I was still in uni and needed cheap textbooks shipped to me quickly. I've ordered only one thing from Right Stuf so far. I don't see myself using eBay for anything anytime soon.
    Hope: It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

I abuse the heck outta eBay and Amazon. Most of my shopping is done that way. Mostly because so much around here is closing down. Lame stuff.

paired with Palamon
    Jude Mathis @ PC
    was Sora @ SPC

11. This post has been liked by:

I personally prefer going out and doing the shopping myself; even if I want to collect imported merchandise I would prefer going out to a store if one has what I'm looking for. Back when I lived in MD, there was a store that sold imported video games and a few other types of imported goods. It's where I acquired my Japanese copies of Platinum, SoulSilver, and Black.