Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Oh well that's good. xD I fixed up a lot of other things so those I was happy with at least. And haha, I dunno...looking at it again, it looks not squished anymore so maybe it was that skewed perception I was talking about.

Oh no...I THOUGHT It was but I just realised... It's not. x: DAMMIT. I tried to copy + paste into an 8 bit new file and it made it have, like, three colours instead... XD *checks* x________x Holycrapit'snot8bit. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Dammit I don't know how to change the colour now. I can't believe I never noticed this before. -_- I'll never make the same mistake again. xD And wait, you can do transparency in Gale? WOW I NEVER TRIED. I'm a dork. Anyways, I'll try that... And yeah, freaking Photobucket. xD

Yeah, haha, I spent a good few hours on it today. I was resizing, touching up, then resizing again, then copy-pasting the best parts onto a better older one... So many layers! xD I don't know if you're familiar with Mass Effect at all but I'm right now in the process of making a plushie of one of the aliens in the series and OH MY GOD THE PATTERN IS SO ANNOYING. It's complicated and it was pissing me off so I switched to Miranda again and then I got annoyed with HER so yeah... XD Glad it turned out alright. Now back to that plushie... >:c I THINK I'm getting somewhere with it. If only I had any sense of understanding when it comes to unwrapping 3D objects and making a pattern... xD

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GUIDING ME. <3

EDIT: Okay I just changed the colours in the colour palette myself. XD Ugh. It's on up DA now. x)

Member of the blue crew Mr. Nyan's Avatar
    Welp, I just found a lost dump in my computer... Starting with Ow sprites. şłş

(When I was uploading this one, the anti spam password was smelly socks XD)

Titles:
    Member of the blue crew(although my fave color is green)
    King of the Dots
    <insert another title here>

Wait, I'm confused; are those scratches? Obviously some aren't, like the lucario overworld and the trio up the top, but the zoroark/haxorus? xD I'm not sure what you're posting.

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    I have some sprites to showcase, if it's okay.

This is Dotri, a Grass / Dark Pokémon I made. .w.

And this is Aldereign, his evolution. Still Grass / Dark.

And this guy is the start of my spriting work. The first guy I ever made!

This guy is Imperion (normal on the left, shiny form on the right), a legendary Ground / Dragon I made up when I was a kid.

And this is Celestion, Imperion's Fairy / Dragon counterpart. I don't think I have a shiny one for him. :I

But that's all the sprites for now. I have more, but I decided to just do these.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sivelos View Post
    No. It is not okay. Please get out.

Spoiler:

This is Dotri, a Grass / Dark Pokémon I made. .w.

And this is Aldereign, his evolution. Still Grass / Dark.
    They're both really good. :D I think the light lineart on the arm-leaves and back legs of Aldereign needs to be darker, as it's in shaded parts. Also down the front; wherever you see it clashing because the colours are too light and can't contrast well, darken the lineart. :] I think the leaves could do with some darker lineart inside, along the veins, too. Not as a replacement of the lineart already, but just to give it dimension, and to make it more visible. The back legs are also shaped without consistency and would benefit from better shaping. I can't quite grasp its shape altogether. You have similar problems with Dotri, especially the too-bright lineart part. x) But fixing those will make a big difference!

This guy is Imperion (normal on the left, shiny form on the right), a legendary Ground / Dragon I made up when I was a kid.

And this is Celestion, Imperion's Fairy / Dragon counterpart. I don't think I have a shiny one for him. :I

But that's all the sprites for now. I have more, but I decided to just do these.
    That braviary/hydriegon fusion is really impressive for your first fusion! O: The four wings concept is clever, but the way they're positioned makes it obvious that they're just two positions of the same wings put there, and it sort of makes it too crowded. I love the other two heads, but there's not much definition in the eyes. They don't stand out as much as they should. :]

The next sprites all have the same too-light outlines issue that the first two had. As well as that, in several places of the sprite, the lineart is straight when it should be more shapely. One example of this is the middle toe on the foot closest to us. Now, the shiny version has a different palette and the darker colours seem to balance out the too-light outlines issue that the brown version has. In the regular one it's much more obvious. There needs to be more shading to get more of an idea for shape, such as the claws. As well as that, the dark blue parts on the shiny version where the orange parts are on the regular coloured one are too dark and they don't pop out like the orange does. Choose another shade that stands out so it's more glowy, if that's what you're going for. :]

The last one is a little confusing. You have a repeated foot, which you should never do in spriting, and as well as that, the light source is confused. There are parts of the lineart along the wing that make the outlines look fragmented in an unnatural way, which can be fixed up with darker outlines. The face is a confused blob with odd shading, and you can't really see any detail at all. Overall it's a bit of a muddled sprite, as I'm not sure what the mane is doing wither, of what is happening with that wing tucked behind the head.

Overall, it seems most of those can be fixed with a bit more shading, and with darker outlines in the appropriate places. Remember your light source and always use that as a reference points for shading. :] Thanks for sharing and I look forward to updates. :D

~SF.

Thank you for the critique! The first two were scratches I made in Photoshop, so there is bound to be SOMETHING wrong. And yes, I must admit, my faults with Hydraviary are in the wing placement and eyes. But the thing is, I arranged Hydreigon Parts and Braviary Parts into a form I liked, and then recolored it. So, I guess there can be some faults. I was actually thinking of making a rival to it called Braveigon, which is the opposite of Hydraviary: A Braviary but with Hydreigon parts. I dunno. XD

And as for Imperion, his shiny form was meant to reflect his original typing. He was Dark / Dragon when I first made him up; as it was kind of a rivalry between Celestion and Imperion. Y'know, the Benevolent Psychic/Dragon Celestion versus the Barbaric Dark/Dragon Imperion. But then I made it Ground versus Sky, but I wanted to focus on the fact that Celestion being CELESTIAL, as he was the Celestial Pokémon. So I made him Psychic, and then Fairy instead of Flying, kind of like how Lugia is psychic despite being the Guardian of the Sea. But yeah, the dark coloring for Shiny!Imperion was meant to reflect his original typing. :I

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Member of the blue crew Mr. Nyan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Wait, I'm confused; are those scratches? Obviously some aren't, like the lucario overworld and the trio up the top, but the zoroark/haxorus? xD I'm not sure what you're posting.
    Oh... You mean, the pokemon or the trainer? Anyways, I still don't have scratch OW...

Titles:
    Member of the blue crew(although my fave color is green)
    King of the Dots
    <insert another title here>

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar

OMG, I remember him from Pokestadium! You submitted him and he was at the top of the pop page! But, dude, that's awesome for a first sprite.

Hahah, thanks. XD

Yeah, I remember a lot of people liked him. It's a shame the comments were removed, so I can't reminisce on it. But then again, the trolls REALLY abused the comments section, soooo... :I

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Thank you for the critique! The first two were scratches I made in Photoshop, so there is bound to be SOMETHING wrong. And yes, I must admit, my faults with Hydraviary are in the wing placement and eyes. But the thing is, I arranged Hydreigon Parts and Braviary Parts into a form I liked, and then recolored it. So, I guess there can be some faults. I was actually thinking of making a rival to it called Braveigon, which is the opposite of Hydraviary: A Braviary but with Hydreigon parts. I dunno. XD

And as for Imperion, his shiny form was meant to reflect his original typing. He was Dark / Dragon when I first made him up; as it was kind of a rivalry between Celestion and Imperion. Y'know, the Benevolent Psychic/Dragon Celestion versus the Barbaric Dark/Dragon Imperion. But then I made it Ground versus Sky, but I wanted to focus on the fact that Celestion being CELESTIAL, as he was the Celestial Pokémon. So I made him Psychic, and then Fairy instead of Flying, kind of like how Lugia is psychic despite being the Guardian of the Sea. But yeah, the dark coloring for Shiny!Imperion was meant to reflect his original typing. :I
    No worries, pal. :D Ahaha yes, true. If you're looking for a good programming for spriting, GraphicsGale Free Edition is, as the name suggests (or...states outright xD) free and very useful. It's the perfect pixel program, so if you're interested, go check it out! 8D It's what both Speed-X (phenomenal spriter) and I use for our sprites. She got me into using it. xD Haha yeah, well it's your first sprite, so that earns you some slack. XD O: You should do that! XD Reverse fusions are cool.

Ah okay, fair enough. :] I think they're both good colour schemes; just, yeah, the outlines and the dark blue are the main things that could be changed and have a major impact on quality. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nyan View Post
    Oh... You mean, the pokemon or the trainer? Anyways, I still don't have scratch OW...
    XD I don't know. What were you showing us? Recolours? If so they looked cool! I was just unclear on it is all. xD

~SF.