Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Harmless Superpower Game!

Sounds easy, right? Just come up with a fully harmless superpower, that is still useful! E-Z.

Or not.

According to the Tv Tropes website, just about every power has a dangerous implication. See Here.

So, It's also your goal to find a way to make the person above you cause harm with their superpower. This can be the most complicated way ever, so long as it has above a chance of really happening, and it causes harm, to the user or the target. In other words...

RULES:
    0: Obey the normal rules for PXR. No swearing, no violent bloody murder specifics (implied is fine), all that.
    1: Your power has to have a real use! Don't say "the ability to breathe" or anything foolish like that.
    2: As long as the power above you can be used for harm, the game rolls on. When even I concede defeat, you win.
    3: Remember you probably won't win this.

And so, to start... Invincibility! Bullets just bounce off you, blades shatter, and you could swallow fire without burning from the inside!
    Last edited by Sir Sivelos; 04-20-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

Senior Administrator

That's easy. Just apply the laws of physics. You fall from any large enough distance and smash those beneath you. A person would bounce off you as easily as a bullet. But if you're going several miles per hour...

Now here's a real harmless superpower: Light! The ability to make anything a light source that glows and illuminates!

That sounds harmless until you start losing control of it and start making light without meaning to. And then it's late at night and a serial killer breaks into your house and you're hiding somewhere in the dark. And then all of a suddenly your power goes off and your location is given away.

Now here's a harmless one: Instantaneously multiplying any two numbers.

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    I just edited your post to make sure the link works. This sounds fun though, I'll give it a shot.

That can be harmful. Here's why: By "any two numbers," do you mean strictly related to math? Or could it any concept that can be summed up in a number? For example, you could 'multiply' the numerical value of somebody's age. They'd go from 16 to 32 just like that, or even farther. That's a pretty dangerous power, I'd say.

As for my power… the ability to move things, no matter the size, at any velocity you want (however, you can't make it go faster than or equal to the speed of light). The object also has to be in your line of sight.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Experienced Trainer pokemon trainer Felix's Avatar
    harmless?, but if you move a sword inide of a person they die

here is a power that is harmless: the ability to shapeshift but only to a tiny fish and back to a human and you can only turn in to a fish when you are in water so you do not kill yourself.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

But as a tiny fish, you could be eaten by a larger fish. You would either die, or the fish that ate you would have to die as you transformed back into human while inside them.

Here's a harmless superpower: the ability to release scented perfume from your hands!

GACK! I'M ALLERGIC!

Hm. Now for... Ordinary flight!
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You accidentally crash into birds, bats, bugs, and ultimately a helicopter. Ouch.

Here's a harmless superpower: the ability to complete all your paperwork instantaneously!

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    All the paperwork necessary to execute a nuclear launch?

You now have the power to obtain any singular piece of information you want; however, you have to lose another, equally valuable piece of information to compensate.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

You gain the knowledge of how to save someone from drowning, but forget how to swim, leading to the death of both the person you went to save and yourself.

The power to phase through objects or people at will, you have to focus hard to go through what you are currently standing on, and you cannot re-solidify until you are in open air.