Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

If we go the Ireland route, I've always called it the Eire region (after an ancient name for Ireland)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

I really like that idea.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Another name if we go with Ireland could be Ogygia. It is an ancient name that a greek explorer, Plutarch used in possible reference to Ireland. I also like Eire too, it's short and sweet and has a nice clear resemblance to where we may plan to base our region from. If we go for Ireland we may need to expand it a little bit to make sure we have enough to work with similarly how they did with Unova and how it was based off New York.

Also, having a look at the local mammals of Ireland, I have an idea for the animals the starters can be based off if we go with Ireland. We could have a grass deer, a fire squirrel (red squirrel) and maybe a water whale/porpoise as many have been spotted in Irish waters.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Are we doing past, present or future? Or maybe a little of both.

most regions have been based in present day so it could be interesting to go future/past. Maybe one of our pokemon could have some link to either the future or past and we could develop our region's story with that. Maybe a Past/Future/Present legendary trio split?
    I know we have Dialga as the pokemon of time, but maybe our trio could be rulers of the past, the future and the present day or something similar.

I'm not gonna lie that's what my Trio is basically...lol. I don't know if I was ever going to do a Pokedex for my region.

haha. If you want you could be in charge of them if we end up going with that if you want if you thought of that idea before with your own region, but lets see what we go with first. When we got our region, i'd say maybe our first concern would be the starters and the main legendary trio. :D

Senior Moderator

Don't we already have a grass deer in the Deerling family? What about a fire deer, a water bird (a wren, a reference to an Irish song calling the wren "the king of all birds", which could inform a bird Pokemon's evolution?), and a grass squirrel? Or maybe a grass or water cat? (since Litten is a fire cat)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

i was thinking that we could have a fire/ground squirrel so it could be the pokemon equivalent to the red squirrel in Ireland and UK and then we could have pachirisu act as the grey squirrel and the fire/ground squirrel would then be immune to it. Which is the pokemon version of the problem that we have over here at the moment with the foreign grey squirrels that came over now killing and replacing the native red squirrels in the food chain. but if fire doesn't work, we could still have that idea with the other types, as long as it's still part ground. maybe water/ground.

Edit: So, The region will officially be based on Ireland based on the Poll results. Time for name ideas.
    So far we have Eire and Ogygia as possible name ideas.
    Can't seem to find the delete poll option anywhere so anyone know where it is. Thanks :)
    Last edited by Coru; 12-29-2017 at 08:26 AM.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Eire sounds too much like Ireland. I get the meaning, but IDK. Just my two cents.

Also, I know it's Ireland and not Australia, but a wombat Pokemon is needed.

Oh yeah, I could probably program this into a game if we want. Just saying.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links