garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Albums, singles, playlists

How do you listen to your music? Do you listen to a song at a time? A whole album? A playlist? Some other way?

I do a combination of the above. If I have a song I found by a band I've never heard of that I really like, I'll use just play that. When I buy a new album, naturally I listen to the album a bunch. I've started to make a playlist for each month, with my current favorite songs. In addition, I have a general playlist wiuth all my favorite songs over the years. I listen to playlists every once in a while.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

It all depends. Most of the time its maybe no more than 2 or 3 songs. The older Linkin Park albums are the only ones I can listen to every song.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I usually grab a whole bunch of songs I like, make a playlist, and then roll with that. I have like almost a hundred different playlists for all kinds of listening, so it keeps things organized and I can listen to whatever fits my mood for the moment. It actually helps a lot while doing stuff, whether it's writing or graphic art. Heck, I have a whole playlist just for when I do stuff for Stalkers. It sets the mood and keeps the creative juices flowing.

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Generally I'll find an indivdual song and throw it on one of my moodlists if it fits, or my catch-all playlist if it's just a song I like in general. Not too many albums anymore except for my favorite artists. Odesza right now being the only current album I can think of where I can listen from front to back. My discover weekly is probably the best part of my mondays. Finding new artists or remixes of songs that I currently listen to is always a fun thing for me

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    90% of the time I listen to playlists. I make playlists for my stories or for certain moods so when I'm writing or drawing, I listen to one of those.

Most of the time I just listen to random songs. Though a lot of the times it ends up being songs from the same artist being played in a row. Once in a while, though--like when I have a long drive--I'll listen to an entire album from start to finish (which is my favorite way of enjoying an artist's work). I love hearing how one song transitions to the next, and listening to the whole album like that feels like a journey. It also forces me to listen to the songs on an album I don't usually play.