@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 16: Wild in the Streets!

"Keep it up, you guys!" Ash smiled as Tintri charged to perform an Iron Tail on a coal pillar. "You're doing great!"

[HI-YAH!] Diddy heaved an Ember at a coal pillar of his own.

[Easy as pie!] Gaia smiled before hurling a flurry of Razor Leaves at a coal pillar.

"Ash isn't letting the fact he lost get him down..." Dawn smiled.

"It may hurt to lose in the heat of the moment, but he's often raring to go again after a day or so." Brock replied. "Sometimes even sooner than that."

He balked when he saw Tintri, Diddy, and Gaia shatter coal pillars at the same time! "Nice job, everyone!" he called as he applauded.

[Thanks...] Diddy smiled.

"You guys look like you're enjoying yourselves." Dawn amiled as she applauded.

[Ash knows how to make the slog of training fun.] Tintri explained.

Lola hurried over with a tray of water bottles. [You guys have been working hard...have some water.] she smiled as she nuzzled Tintri.

"You realize that two of your three Pokemon have a disadvantage against Roark, right?" Dawn asked as the Pikachu, the Chimchar, and the Budew took a break. "Are you sure you don't need to call Professor Oak for advice? I can even lend you Kori, if you'd like...."

"I appreciate your concern, but I think I'll be okay with what I've got." Ash assured Dawn. "Besides, Paul won with type disadvantages..."

"Okay..." Dawn smiled. "I'll trust your ability."

"If you like, you can train against my team." Brock offered. "Since it resembles Roark's Pokémon by type."

"While you guys are training, I'm gonna head back in and brush up on dances and appeals." Dawn replied.

The end of a Contest show on a TV got her attention. Attention, coordinators and Loremasters! The next Pokémon Contest and Fantasy Stage is in Floaroma Town!

---------

"We got it!" Mars smiled as she and Jupiter made their way out of town with one of the fossil revival machines. "Next step is make an army of fossil Pokemon!"

"Well, did you remember to get any fossils on the way out?" Jupiter asked.

"No..." Mars replied.

"Then how are we gonna get an army if you didn't get any fossils?" Jupiter asked.

"You were supposed to remind me!" Mars shot back. The two admins continued down the road, arguing all the while:

"I DID remind you--multiple times!"

"I don't recall you reminding me!"

"Yes, I did!"

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

"No, you didn't!"

A bling brought the argument to a screeching halt. "Revival 100% complete..." Jupiter read on the status screen.

The doors on the machine opened with a PSHHHHHHHHHH.... "Wow...an Aerodactyl..." Mars gasped at the ancient pterodactyl-like Pokemon as it flexed its wings a little.

Excited, Jupiter heaved a Poke Ball at the Aerodactyl. "Poke Ball, go!"

She gasped as the Aerodactyl climbed from the machine and soared into the sky. "I have a bad feeling about this..." she mused as a bright yellow aura formed around the Aerodactyl.

"Hit the dirt!" Mars called as the glowing Aerodactyl streaked at the two admins. The attack missed them as they dove on the ground.

"What was that?" Jupiter asked as she started to get up.

"I don't know, but I'll find out what that attack was on GalacticNet." Mars replied as she found a PokeNav and typed something. "The last thing we want right now is for people to get hurt!"

---------

Brock watched as Terra rolled away from a wave of weakened Razor Leaves. "Getting there, but Terra was still able to evade that."

"I've been thinking about my loss yesterday..." Ash mused as he shepherded Gaia back to him. "Roark's Pokémon were fast as well as able to counter raw power. So instead of pounding away with raw power like I did, I need to have a more tactical approach."

"That's the spirit!" a voice interjected. "If you can defend against my tactics, you'll have a badge in no time."

"Roark?" Ash gasped as Roark met him and Brock on their makeshift battlefield. "What are you doing here?"

"I was on my way to the mine to find some more fossils, and overheard a little of your conversation." Roark explained.

A rock with the imprint of an Omanyte shell inspired him. You know...if you've been to the museum before, you likely know about our fossil reviving machines. This was how I got Crystal."

"Really?" Ash asked.

"She was the first fossil to be revived with the first machine." Roark went on. "The demand for fossil revival got to be so big, they added two more..."

---------

Dawn smiled as Lola fired an Ice Beam, creating a flurry of frozen bubbles. "Nice job, you two." she smiled.

An otherworldly screech got her attention. "What in Arceus' name is THAT?" she cried as the Aerodacytl soared overhead, firing Hyper Beams in every direction.

She gasped when she saw the pterodactyl Pokemon coming for her. "Hit the deck!" she called, shielding Kori and Lola as another Hyper Beam whizzed over her head.

Once sure the coast was clear, she fumbled for her Pokedex to read up on the ancient Pokemon:

"Aerodactyl, the fossil Pokemon. This vicious Pokémon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries."

"Oh my..." she gasped.

"Flash! A wild Aerodactyl is running rampant in the city!" a TV announcer explained. Shots of people fleeing for their lives played across the screen as the announcer went on. "Police are advising people to evacuate if possible."

Dawn watched in awe as the TV screen displayed some scientists trying to corral the Aerodactyl. "I hope the boys are all right..." she mused.

She continued watching the news report in disbelief. Who would do something like this? And why?

---------

"Roark!" a miner gasped as the group and Roark arrived at the mine. "I don't know if you've heard the news or not, but a wild Aerodactyl is loose in the city! Officer Jenny was just on TV telling everyone to evacuate if they can."

Officer Jenny and the scientists all heaved a sigh of relief when they found Roark and the group. "Roark, am I glad to see you." Jenny smiled as the scientists ran to corner the Armaldo and the Kabutops. "Think you could summon Crystal to help us?"

"Sure...Crystal, distract these wild Pokemon with Flamethrower!" Roark commanded as he summoned his Cranidos.

[We wanna help too!] Tintri called as he motioned for Terra to follow him. But before they could attack, the Armaldo and the Kabutops sent them flying back!

[Thank Arceus...] Terra smiled. She watched Crystal used Zen Headbutt, freezing both Pokémon in their tracks.

"We'll take these, thank you!" Jupiter smiled as she and Mars grabbed all three Fossil Pokémon!

---------

"Tintri, use--!" Ash started.

"I wouldn't attack yet." Roark cautioned. "Both the Fossil Pokémon and the revival machine are both at risk." He let that hang as the Aerodactyl fired a Hyper Beam, freeing all three Pokémon and knocking down the machine.

Mars watched as the scientists recalled the Armaldo and Kabutops. "That attack again!" she gasped as a familiar aura formed around the Aerodactyl. "It's called Giga Impact!"

"Whoa!" was all Brock could see as the force of the Giga Impact sent Crystal and the group flying against a wall.

Ash watched in fear as the Aerodactyl charged another Hyper Beam aimed at him! "Tintri...if this is the end...I love you." he whispered as he hugged his Pikachu and braced himself for the end...

Furiya, shuru shamato... sang a familiar voice.

Ash gasped as an Aerodactyl with clear black spikes all over its body emerged from a column of rainbow light. "No way! "Roark can use Mega Evolution too!"

Dawn arrived soon after. "No way! Roark induced his own Aerodactyl!"

"That I did." Roark grinned as he watched Lola and Kori intercept the Hyper Beam with Ice Beam and Bubblebeam.

"Thanks for saving my life..." Ash smiled as Dawn helped him up.

"Anytime." Dawn replied before instructing Lola and Kori "Be ready for anything, okay?"

"I'll have Cassie cover your Piplup and Buneary, okay?" Roark assured Dawn. "That's short for Cassiterite."

Dawn watched as Roark's Mega Aerodactyl shielded Kori and Lola. As the Aerodactyl flew in to perform another Giga Impact, Lola and Kori spun past the attack. Lola managed to kick down the Aerodactyl, allowing a scientist to catch it.

Roark spotted Mars and Jupiter fleeing down a hill. "Go get them, Crystal!"

"Actually, we'll take this!" Mars sneered before firing a net missile to capture Crystal.

"CRYSTAAAAAAAAAL!" Roark screamed.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Brock sang.

Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
Katoradis favel siicletu edena...
Roark watched in amazement as Crystal glowed a bright white. The net snapped as she became a large grey dinosaur creature with sapphires embedded in her body.
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

"Did your friend's Swanna Song evolve Crystal into Rampardos?" Roark gasped as Ash hurried to tend to Brock.

Dawn smiled as Crystal ran after the admins. "We know how special Crystal is to you, so Brock appealed to Arceus directly to rescue her."

Crystal, meanwhile, had caught up to the admins. After snatching away the revival machine, she used Zen Headbutt to send the admins flying.

---------

"I have to ask you...where did you get a Mega Ring?" Ash asked Roark later that evening. The news on the TV was now showing what had happened earlier that afternoon.

"It was a gift from my dad." Roark explained as he showed Ash the opal ring on his left hand. "You'll likely meet him on your journey--he runs the Gym in Canalave City. Since we share a bond as father and son, we both share a Heart Song."

"Cool!" Dawn was impressed.

"Is it okay if I battle you again tomorrow?" Ash asked Roark.

Roark chuckled. "If you and your friends saved the city, you've earned yourself a rematch many times over!"

To Be Continued...