Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
I haven't really tried the chat-based ones that much, but from what I remember from many years back, they just weren't as descriptive and a lot of your success depended on how fast you could button-mash your responses. I remember having a character that wasn't even given a chance to fight back or respond before getting blown up in a helicopter crash just because I was putting in more detail and coming up with a clever way of responding. I honestly wasn't too crazy about that setup. Plus the god-modding and bunnying was on insane levels.

If it's on a forum, it just feels more like one of those turn-based RPGs where you can plan out your next moves and provide details before taking action rather than a button-masher game where speed is more important than quality. Not to mention you can post when you're fully ready and able to rather than having to set aside huge blocks of time for chat room RPing where you lose simply because you need to quit and do something else for a while.
I don't run mine quite like that. It's more when I have multiple events occurring at the same time. For example, several matches going simultaneously in a tournament. Or two groups searching for different objects in different places.
And the whole 'short fast response' is a pet peeve of mine... So I tend to set aside a channel just for the rules, and specify what is and isn't allowed. I've had experiences with bunnying before, and each instance was very grating on my nerves.

Then again, I've never actually seen anyone else do server RPs on Discord outside a specific section of my circle of friends...