Thread: Cellphones

Cellphones

What kind of cellphone do you have? What kind of cellphone do you want?

I currently own a Galaxy 3 -- got it around February this year. It was a bad choice for my desires and needs. Here is what motivated me to get one.

- Needed a phone to keep in contact with people. This was a must, but the question was, do I want more than a phone?
    - Internet. I loooove being able to use the internet anywhere and the Galaxy surfs pretty well.
    - Camera. My camera had just broken, and the Galaxy had a pretty reasonable camera. At least reasonable enough for my needs.

Problem is it's eatting my check and I kind of wish I would've just gotten an old phone that I could make calls and text with, opted not to get internet, and bought a camera seperately. Would've saved me a lot of money and it would've taken care of all my needs, though not necessarily satisfying all my wants. :/

And now, for what I'm paying, I wish I had the Nokia Lumia 1020 instead. Bah, I'll probably swap for something cheaper in the future.

I've got a Motorola Atrix HD. I love it, but it does get overly slow sometimes and with the built in battery it can get finicky without the option of doing a battery pull. I previously had an HTC, but those can be hit-or-miss with battery life. DF had one from T-Mobile (I forget the model) and the battery would drain unnaturally fast and it would glitch a lot. It would turn itself off saying dead battery, but then 50% when you turn it back on. My Vivid was nearly flawless, though. They don't make either of them anymore, but it's something to keep in mind when looking at HTC.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini, I got it on my contract upgrade. So far it's fantastic! Good battery, camera is good, internet is easy to use, the texting system is great (although I need to fiddle with the autocorrect settings).

My previous phone was an HTC wildfire. It was... moody to say the least. It would just decide to not send messages, or recieve them, or tell me that somebody was calling etc. The internet crashed a lot. I probably should have had the phone looked at xD
    Life's a hoot! (I should be shot for that pun)

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 x.
    Lurking in the Shadows...

I just came in here to post that I received my first phone in Christmas 2009. I probably didn't want to use it then, but w/e.