Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OMG that prompt is PERFECT. I've got such a good idea for it.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

I feel kind of awkward doing something for weeks 2/3 since I didn't participate in week 1. I only really had a half baked idea and couldn't really find time to actually make a story out of it. But I have to say I'm really interested in this prompt and am excited to try it.

VPP

3. This post has been liked by:

/five thousand years late

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

"This round, you have two options, but major challenge. The options are to continue and to expand upon the story you just finished, or to select a different, well-known tale-- a fable or fairy tale, a short story or play, a popular book or movie, a story you wrote in the past, something of that nature.
    I'm really confused; obviously I didn't enter last week so I have to go with the second option, but...it has to be based off something that's already published? A well-known tale? But...how can it be a story I've written in the past? Not sure what this means.

Also does this mean I have to choose like a published fairytale and write about a character in it, so I can't make up my own?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I'm really confused; obviously I didn't enter last week so I have to go with the second option, but...it has to be based off something that's already published? A well-known tale? But...how can it be a story I've written in the past? Not sure what this means.

Also does this mean I have to choose like a published fairytale and write about a character in it, so I can't make up my own?
    Okay, so what I was trying to say may be a bit difficult to convey. Basically, I'm trying to challenge you to make a character usually portrayed as good appear evil, or a character usually portrayed as evil to appear good-- or, to at the very least, make it look that way from a certain perspective. And I'd like for you to take a character from a previously written story to focus on for this challenge, as opposed to creating an entirely new character and/or story. If I'm familiar with the story already, because a) it's a published and well-known work, b) it's from the previous round, or c) it's from a fanfic/comic/etc which you know I'm familiar with, then that will make things easier for me, because I already know how the character is, typically. That being said-- it'd make things easier me, yes, but I don't want to set restrictions about things and force people to write characters for a story or franchise they're unfamiliar with or uncomfortable with. You're free to use a character from a work that I don't know, or that you don't think I know, if that's what you have an idea for, though I'd prefer it if you said where I could find this story or a summarization of it, so I know what this character is typically like.

I thought the idea of linking the two prompts, and having one build off the other, would be an interesting and cool idea. And I tried to make it in a way that could work if someone hadn't participated in the first week, or if one wanted to try something different. And perhaps I didn't go about that in the best way ever. Apologies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Okay, so what I was trying to say may be a bit difficult to convey. Basically, I'm trying to challenge you to make a character usually portrayed as good appear evil, or a character usually portrayed as evil to appear good-- or, to at the very least, make it look that way from a certain perspective. And I'd like for you to take a character from a previously written story to focus on for this challenge, as opposed to creating an entirely new character and/or story. If I'm familiar with the story already, because a) it's a published and well-known work, b) it's from the previous round, or c) it's from a fanfic/comic/etc which you know I'm familiar with, then that will make things easier for me, because I already know how the character is, typically. That being said-- it'd make things easier me, yes, but I don't want to set restrictions about things and force people to write characters for a story or franchise they're unfamiliar with or uncomfortable with. You're free to use a character from a work that I don't know, or that you don't think I know, if that's what you have an idea for, though I'd prefer it if you said where I could find this story or a summarization of it, so I know what this character is typically like.

I thought the idea of linking the two prompts, and having one build off the other, would be an interesting and cool idea. And I tried to make it in a way that could work if someone hadn't participated in the first week, or if one wanted to try something different. And perhaps I didn't go about that in the best way ever. Apologies for that.
    Okay, thanks, I understand better now. :) I hope I can come up with something that works well!

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    OK, so how much do we need to stick to the original story? Would a retelling of a fairytale from the point of view of the bad guy count, or does it need to be a sequel/prequel to said fairytale. And how much of the original are we allowed to change? For instance, would I be allowed to change the name of a character or the order of events, as long as it's recognisable as the original story? (Like Disney did with Maleficent, if you've seen that movie.)

Also, weird question, but can I make everyone a dragon instead of a human? Or would changing all the human characters species be too big of a difference?

Provided it's recognizable as the original story, you can certainly retell it from the antagonist's perspective similar to Maleficent. Changing names or the order of events is also acceptable, especially if this is a legend, fable or fairytale we're talking about-- they've been around for hundreds of years, people have changed them due to faulty memories, personal preferences, and their own opinions.

The weird question is also an interesting question... I'd prefer if species-changes had some sort of purpose in-story, but I wouldn't really object strongly?

URPG Staff

Oh, I actually just realized that the deadline was two weeks and not one. So we won't have a third theme, just two weeks to work on this one? Does that also mean that this theme will be worth double the usual points? Sorry, never done one that spans two weeks before.

Quote Originally Posted by K'sariya View Post
    Oh, I actually just realized that the deadline was two weeks and not one. So we won't have a third theme, just two weeks to work on this one? Does that also mean that this theme will be worth double the usual points? Sorry, never done one that spans two weeks before.
    Due to the nature of PXFire, what with all but one event last three weeks, your first assumption is correct, there are only two rounds, and you have two weeks to work on the latter of them.
    Personally, I would have preferred it if I could have had two rounds, both lasting two weeks, like last year, but I deemed this latter challenge to be the more difficult challenge, and so it got more time.
    To answer the other question, no, it will be the same amount of points as last time.

Username: Cleobel
    Team: Agents of the Shadows
    Entry: The Nugget Bridge between Good and Evil

Spoiler:
    This is NUGGET BRIDGE! Beat us 5 trainers and win a fabulous prize! Think you got what it takes?
    I'm second! Now it's serious!
    Here's No. 3! I won't be easy!
    I'm No. 4! Getting tired?
    OK! I'm No. 5! I'll stomp you!

Leaf, a young Pokemon trainer from Pallet Town, had just defeated five Pokemon trainers on the Nugget Bridge. At the end of the bridge, she met a guy who congratulated her on her five victories. Then, he gave her a Nugget. That guy was quite strange, but Leaf found him generous and very attractive.
    "By the way, would you like to join TEAM ROCKET? We're a group dedicated to evil using POKEMON! Want to join?", he offered.
    Even though Leaf knew the difference between good and evil, she was very interested in joining Team Rocket because she was attracted to the Team Rocket Grunt. Her face was as red as a Tamato Berry and she felt as if she had Butterfrees in her stomach.
    "Oh yes, please let me join! It would be fantastic to commit crime with my Pokemon and with an adorable guy like you!", Leaf effused.
    "That’s great! Thank you for joining us, beautiful girl! Now, let’s go to our Hideout in Celadon City…", the Team Rocket Grunt decided.

Leaf and her recruiter walked through the Nugget Bridge, Cerulean City, Route 5, Saffron City and Route 7 before they finally reached Celadon City. In the Team Rocket Hideout, the Grunt asked Leaf to show him her Pokemon team.
    "Here is Ivysaur, my starter Pokemon. He is the best at using Vine Whip and Razor Leaf!
    The first Pokemon I caught is Pidgeotto. She has recently evolved from Pidgey and she knows Quick Attack and Gust!
    I also have a Mankey. His favorite moves are Low Kick and Karate Chop!
    It took me some time to find a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, but I managed to catch one eventually. He is cute, but his Quick Attack and Thundershock moves are surprisingly powerful!
    After I got my first Badge and before I started exploring Mt. Moon, a salesman sold a Magikarp to me. At first, she was weak, but I kept on training her and it was totally worth it! Now, she is a strong Gyarados who takes advantage of Bite and her Intimidate ability!
    And last but not least, I caught a Geodude in Mt. Moon. She is very weak againt Grass and Water, but she can still win a lot of battles with Rock Throw and Magnitude!", Leaf explained.
    "Your Pokemon team looks great! I only have an Ekans and a Zubat… Let’s show your team to the Boss!", the Grunt suggested.
    "Sure!", the Pokemon trainer replied.
    Then, they went to the Boss’ office.

"Good morning, Boss! I convinced this young Pokemon trainer to join Team Rocket!", the Grunt announced.
    "Good morning to both of you! Thank you for recruiting a new member, Grunt! What is your name, new recruit? Oh wait, it doesn’t matter because you’re just going to be a Team Rocket Grunt anyway. My name is Giovanni and I am the Boss of Team Rocket. Every member of Team Rocket reports to me. Do you have any powerful Pokemon?", Giovanni asked.
    "Of course I do, Boss!", Leaf answered, before showing him her six Pokemon.
    "This is not a bad team at all! However, before you participate in your first Team Rocket mission, you should train your Pokemon until they reach at least level 25. The training room of our Hideout is on the left of my office.", Giovanni explained.
    "Thank you, Boss! I will train my Pokemon, then!", Leaf promised.
    "Before you go to the training room, I need to give you this Team Rocket uniform. As soon as you start wearing it, you will become a Team Rocket Grunt. You may change your clothes in the official Team Rocket bathroom, which is on the right of my office.", Giovanni informed.
    "Thank you very much, Boss! I’m going to put on the Team Rocket uniform, then I will start training my Pokemon team.", Leaf affirmed.

The new recruit went into the official Team Rocket bathroom, while her recruiter was waiting outside. Leaf put on the uniform, but she also took a bathroom break : she did her business, she used some toilet paper, she flushed the toilet and she washed her hands.
    When she came out of the bathroom, she went to the training room with her recruiter, who told her that she looked pretty in her uniform. Leaf thanked him for the compliment.
    The training room was full of mirrors. The newest Team Rocket Grunt asked why there were so many mirrors in the room. "The Grunts’ Pokemon are supposed to use their moves on these resistant mirrors. Then, they make the moves come back to the Pokemon, who have to try to avoid them.", her recruiter explained.
    Leaf thought that this system was cruel, but she still wanted to be a Team Rocket Grunt because she had a crush on the Grunt who recruited her. As a result, she trained her Pokemon in the training room until they all reached level 25. Of course, this training made Geodude evolve into Graveler.

After the training, both Grunts went back to Giovanni’s office and asked him for a mission.
    "Congratulations on the training and on your Pokemon’s evolution, newest Grunt! Please let me think of an easy mission that you could complete together… I have an idea! You are going to steal the TM28 from this house in Cerulean City.", Giovanni decided.
    "Yes, sir!", the male Grunt responded.
    "Do we have to walk all the way to Cerulean City?", Leaf questioned. "It’s pretty far from here."
    "Of course not!", Giovanni reassured. "You have a Pidgeotto, is that correct? I can teach her Fly."
    "Thank you for your offer, Boss. Unfortunately, I don’t have the Badge that is required to use Fly outside of battle.", Leaf sighed.
    "This is not a problem. Your Team Rocket uniform allows you to use any HM move outside of battle. After all, we are all cheaters here.", Giovanni explained.
    Leaf knew that stealing and cheating is wrong, but she was willing to do it for her crush.
    "Thank you very much, Boss! We won’t disappoint you!", the Grunts promised together. Then, the Boss of Team Rocket taught Fly to Leaf’s Pidgeotto, who flew to Cerulean City with the Grunts.

As soon as they arrived in Cerulean City, they walked to the house that Giovanni had pointed out. When they looked through that house’s window, they saw that there was a man inside. Then, they broke the window and they broke into the house. Immediately after that, they made Pikachu and Ekans come out of their Poke Balls.
    "Pikachu, use Thundershock!", Leaf started.
    "Ekans, use Poison Sting!", her recruiter continued.
    Both Pokemon attacked the poor man, who quickly passed out due to the electricity and the poison. The Team Rocket Grunts recalled Pikachu and Ekans, they stole the TM28, they went back to Celadon City using Pidgeotto’s Fly before the police could arrive, and they got back to the Team Rocket Hideout.

"Mission accomplished! Here is the TM28, Boss!", the Grunts told Giovanni.
    "Congratulations and thank you very much! As a reward, you may use the TM on one of your Pokemon.", the Team Rocket Boss congratulated.
    The Grunts thanked him and went out of his office, then they chose a Pokemon to use the TM on :
    "That TM contains Dig. We should use it on your Pikachu, so he could battle against Onix, Rhyhorn and other Rock/Ground Pokemon.", the male Grunt suggested.
    "Good idea! Let’s go, Pikachu!", Leaf replied.
    Had she just foreseen something from the future? Anyway, she made the Electric-type Pokemon come out of his Poke Ball and she taught him Dig. Soon after that, Ekans came out of his Poke Ball without being called. The rodent-like Pokemon and the snake-like Pokemon kissed and hugged each other.
    "It looks like they are in love with each other…", Ekans’ trainer commented.
    "By the way, I’ve been having a crush on you since I met you on the Nugget Bridge! You are so adorable! I love you!", Leaf burst.
    "Me too! I love you, awesome Team Rocket Grunt!", he answered.
    They kissed and hugged each other. They lived happily ever after, with Ekans, Pikachu and their other Pokemon, while working for Team Rocket.

Other: I still don't know what you mean by "Other".

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D