Nathan "Neo" Winterfield (As a Ninetales) + Blitz the Emolga
Avalon Apostles
Erana
ARPers: The Rampaging Mamoswine Squad

Hooo boy. The calamity was way worse than I thought. I was really beginning to think this was a dumb idea and this Mamoswine thing was just out of control completely. What was I going to say to it? "Oh hey, maybe... stop?" Negotiation really wasn't my specialty, but right now I was really the only one that could do this. Humans had no clue what Pokémon were saying and right now I was the only available translator that knew both the languages of humans and Pokémon.

It was crazy to think this one Pokémon was ripping Erana apart, and I could tell it was getting well past the point where nonlethal options were going to be struck out and they were going to have to put this thing down. Geez. As soon as I ran out of the helicopter, I was racing on all fours and feeling the wind in my fur.

While Blitz glided overhead, I ran through multiple streets that were ravaged by this thing, still trying to get used to running on all fours. Still, as I looked at the ravaged streets around me, I could only think one thing. Just wow. I was surprised they hadn't put it down already. When you really factor in for the benefit of the greater good, keeping this thing alive wasn't worth truckloads of dead people.

I ran through the devastation until I got eyes on the culprit itself.

Asleep.

I wasn't sure what they did to it, but it seemed to have worked. Of course, I'm sure whatever sedative that was working on it wouldn't last forever, but with this many people here, this would probably be handled in time.

"Looks like... we're late," Blitz told me, happy the problem was solved, but a little disappointed we weren't really the heroes this time.

"Guess we're not going to find out what provoked this big guy after all," I sighed, hoping maybe we could have figured something out.

Blitz looked around, gliding to the rooftops to get a better view and assess the damage. He then swooped down and rejoined me as I was just chilling in the streets.

"Can't really say for sure what was running through the Mamoswine's head when it was doing all this," Blitz shrugged. "Probably scared. Lost. Has no clue what humans are and what these cities are all about. Everyone probably felt like a threat to the guy. Probably just wanted to go home."

Hmm, seemed like a plausible theory, but I wouldn't know for sure. Still, no one knew how to control these rifts. These Pokémon were stuck in this foreign world and had no choice but to live with it. But like Blitz said, everything was strange to them. They were away from their families and friends, had no clue where to go, and they were homeless, hungry, and totally out of their element.

I'd probably be thinking the same thing if I was dragged to wherever they came from in the first place...